246,000 New Jobs Drop Rate to 7.7%

I love Americans who love America.

You know the one the founders designed.

I hate it when shitty people who love money more than country or other humans cheat the rest of us by not kicking in their fair share

So you hate the people that are making millions on Wall Street, or you don't hate the people on Wall Street making millions? Which is it? I don't think this is that hard a question -even for you.

Please explain how the current economy is the best this country has ever experienced then. Record market levels and all.
Even if we swallow the premise you've put forth that the stock market is a direct correlation to the health of the economy, your question is still flawed in that you're thinking in nominal highs.

Taking inflation into account I don't think we've beaten 2007, and we definitely haven't touched the 11,700 from back in 2000.

Please explain how the current economy is the best this country has ever experienced then. Record market levels and all.
Even if we swallow the premise you've put forth that the stock market is a direct correlation to the health of the economy, your question is still flawed in that you're thinking in nominal highs.

Taking inflation into account I don't think we've beaten 2007, and we definitely haven't touched the 11,700 from back in 2000.

Can't handle the fact it has set records in a bad economy huh? Have to fall back on ratios. You are an idiot of epic proportions.

Can't handle the fact it has set records in a bad economy huh? Have to fall back on ratios.
Can't handle it? Where did you draw that conclusion from I don't think I've offered any opinion on the state of the economy in this thread.

Regardless, sorry dude didn't mean to talk outside of your range of understanding and will try to keep concepts like ratios that require an understanding of 3rd grade arithmetic out of the discussion for you.

Not big, but still 9 up days shows a lot of stability.

US Stocks Seen Higher After 9-Day Winning Streak

Quantitative Easing is the stability idiot. The stock market is resting on a sink hole.
I don't exactly know what that means but I'm pretty sure I agree with your point of view.

And I'm pleased to see there are several in this forum who know while the stock market rise is cause for jubiliation on Wall Street it doesn't mean a damn thing on Main Street. Wages are still down and there are no jobs coming back from overseas.

The impression I have is a happy mob of unemployed Americans on Wall Street cheering the Dow -- as champagne-drinking traders piss down on the joyful morons from office terraces.

The rich keep getting richer... Yay... Nice work Obama! :clap2: It's really very funny watching the 99% Liberals gloating over Wall Street profits on USMB -simply because Obama is President. :cuckoo:
So true. And today Obama said he's now willing to cut Social Security, which he vowed to not do -- among other vows he's ignored.

If he goes through with that I wonder how he's going to deal with it when the Democrats come to despise him as much as the Republicans do. The next four years should be very interesting. The Republicans hate him because he's black but the Democrats will hate him for his true colors.

And if one accounts for the growth in population and applies the former Labor Force participation and employed ratios, we add another 7 million to the Jobs Deficit.

Well, that entirely depends on which LFP and emp-pop ratio you apply. If you use any LFP or emp pop before 1979 then you'd be subtracting people from the unemployment numbers.

And why do you think that would be a valid operation in any case? Explain the math and how it fits in with the methodology.

Can't handle the fact it has set records in a bad economy huh? Have to fall back on ratios.
Can't handle it? Where did you draw that conclusion from I don't think I've offered any opinion on the state of the economy in this thread.

Regardless, sorry dude didn't mean to talk outside of your range of understanding and will try to keep concepts like ratios that require an understanding of 3rd grade arithmetic out of the discussion for you.

I understand ratios dumbass. I also understand you have no clue what QE will do to inflation at some point. Just what has infaltion amounted to from 2008 til now? Not much. Your range of understanding fits in a thimble.

people benifit when their 401 ks increase even if it hurts your poltical stance

No, they only benefit if they cash out and take the gain. Otherwise, its just a paper gain. The small investor has been out of the market for years now. Those that do invest have used bonds more so than stocks. Basically the stock market is mostly institutional investors (banks) at this point.

I understand ratios dumbass. I also understand you have no clue what QE will do to inflation at some point. Just what has infaltion amounted to from 2008 til now? Not much. Your range of understanding fits in a thimble.
What QE will do to inflation "at some point" isn't relevant to whether the stock market is current at an inflation adjusted all-time high, and I've not offered an opinion on QE's impact on inflation going forward. You sure can beat up a straw man.

Just what has infaltion amounted to from 2008 til now? Not much. Your range of understanding fits in a thimble.
According to online inflation calculators the 14,167 dija hit in 2007 would be 15,633 in 2012. So my point on inflation adjusted dija stands, and your oversimplified comparison of the current dija breaking the all-time record equating to the greatest economy ever still falls flat.

What QE will do to inflation "at some point" isn't relevant to whether the stock market is current at an inflation adjusted all-time high, and I've not offered an opinion on QE's impact on inflation going forward. You sure can beat up a straw man.

Just what has infaltion amounted to from 2008 til now? Not much. Your range of understanding fits in a thimble.
According to online inflation calculators the 14,167 dija hit in 2007 would be 15,633 in 2012. So my point on inflation adjusted dija stands, and your oversimplified comparison of the current dija breaking the all-time record equating to the greatest economy ever still falls flat.

It within 400 points, so you're actually the one who's wrong attempting to paint this as some distant economic high point. Thanks for proving my point.

No, they only benefit if they cash out and take the gain. Otherwise, its just a paper gain.
This isn't true, a gain in value is a gain and an asset is an asset regardless of liquidity and one certainly benefits before they cash out. My future gains are influenced by previous gains via compounding, that benefit to me regardless of whether I'm cashing out to spend the money today.

Forum List

Back