23 years later, Tiananmen Square

The city I used to live in is becoming predominently Chinese. That's one of the reasons I go back there so much. It's becoming quite a pleasant place as they clean it up. .

More proof of your lack of personal experience.

It's a well-established pattern of behavior.

I've started to notice. I wonder if katz will even respond.

Well sometimes I do get bored with nonsense and look for someone with something to say.

Especially with specious claims that can't be proved. After hearing so much about your years in China, they sound about as real as the ten years I lived in Norway.

I will go this far. The Chinese people I know would agree that China tolerates dissent far worse than we do, but socially the US is leagues more brutal. In China, something like our protests would have been flattened by tanks. But, the streets would be cleaned of criminals and drug addicts.

The city I used to live in is becoming predominently Chinese. That's one of the reasons I go back there so much. It's becoming quite a pleasant place as they clean it up. I especially like the ways they have developed to get around our more asinine and myriad laws, rules and regulations. The Chinese are a very clever people.

I never claimed I lived in China. I was talking about the first gen I have spoke to about it.

Personally, i have been to China twice, not including the fact I was born there.

If you think China is this nice clean place where everything is pristine. Think again. When ever I went, my mother and I liked to go off the beaten track when we could. It was dirty, people were struggling, and it was all around unpleasant. It sounds like you believe the TV version of what China is.

And you really need to stop being so condescending...

I've started to notice. I wonder if katz will even respond.

Well sometimes I do get bored with nonsense and look for someone with something to say.

Especially with specious claims that can't be proved. After hearing so much about your years in China, they sound about as real as the ten years I lived in Norway.

I will go this far. The Chinese people I know would agree that China tolerates dissent far worse than we do, but socially the US is leagues more brutal. In China, something like our protests would have been flattened by tanks. But, the streets would be cleaned of criminals and drug addicts.

The city I used to live in is becoming predominently Chinese. That's one of the reasons I go back there so much. It's becoming quite a pleasant place as they clean it up. I especially like the ways they have developed to get around our more asinine and myriad laws, rules and regulations. The Chinese are a very clever people.

I never claimed I lived in China. I was talking about the first gen I have spoke to about it.

Personally, i have been to China twice, not including the fact I was born there.

If you think China is this nice clean place where everything is pristine. Think again. When ever I went, my mother and I liked to go off the beaten track when we could. It was dirty, people were struggling, and it was all around unpleasant. It sounds like you believe the TV version of what China is.

And you really need to stop being so condescending...

I've only been to Shanghai and some surrounding cities. Combination of very impressive modern development in the city and really rather smelly conditions in other parts. Nothing is perfect.

I've only been to Shanghai and some surrounding cities. Combination of very impressive modern development in the city and really rather smelly conditions in other parts. Nothing is perfect.

Agreed. But Katz is claiming it is. Or that's how it sounds at least.

Okay, sometimes I say 'nobody gives a shit' and that's not the whole truth. A handful of people do care...

they are such better human beings than the rest of us we feel shame, so we have to belittle them :redface:

:redface:

Maybe someone was walking through the nice modern and new buildings, forgetting to take a walk in the suburbs :)

Forum List

Back