23 years later, Tiananmen Square

I've discussed the things you guess at with thousands and thousands of people "who have lived there all their lives"? Even at that I would never presume to make declarations about what all Chinese people think the way you have tried to.

You need to think more carefully and learn to take correction better.

Just in case you forgot.

To review: You admit you have no personal experience upon which to draw, and you want to find talking to "dozens and dozens of people" at your art school persuasive, but ignore the fact that I have spoken with thousands and thousands of people in China and in the US about these topics in addition to having my own personal experiences with them. You wanted a reason, there are two for you. But you continue to cling to your ignorance and illogic.

that sure beats a 50 year old who has lived there since birth.

Anyone you have spoken with obviously hasn't "lived there since birth" because they would be currently living here, right? You see what I mean about not thinking carefully? Would it make you feel better to know that I discussed various topics like culture, society, and education with people in their 60s and 70s who really had "lived there since birth"? By your reasoning that means I must be correct. :rolleyes:

You just need to learn to take correction better.

Just because they got off the plane a month ago doesn't mean they haven't lived in China since birth. My niece has been here less than six months. Then there are simple vacationers here. A lot of visitors come here and I've met quite a few of them and had a chance to speak wth them. Steve Wynn has moved his headquarters to China because our business climate is so hostile. Generally hostile while China is more welcoming.

I think that you may imagine you know what the Chinese think of China, but not what they think of the United States after having lived in China. You know what you know and that's the end of it. We are growing into a remarkably oppressive and brutal country. It might be better to recognize that and deal with it.

Just because they got off the plane a month ago doesn't mean they haven't lived in China since birth.

It seems you don't know understand the present perfect tense. Ask a Chinese ESL student to explain it to you.

I think that you may imagine you know what the Chinese think of China, but not what they think of the United States after having lived in China.

You fail again, because I have also spoken with thousands of Chinese people here in the US about various such topics as well. Just accept that you don't know what you are talking about.

We are growing into a remarkably oppressive and brutal country. It might be better to recognize that and deal with it.

And that's what all this nonsense of yours has really been about. You just wanted to frame your asinine, hysterical conspiracy theory bullshit and you thought you could fabricate some legitimacy for youself this way. You fail again.

Let me guess, next you will tell us about the looming dissolution of the Union, right? You are a predictable, unamerican numbskull. STOP BEING SO STUPID.

We are growing into a remarkably oppressive and brutal country. It might be better to recognize that and deal with it.

And that's what all this nonsense of yours has really been about. You just wanted to frame your asinine, hysterical conspiracy theory bullshit and you thought you could fabricate some legitimacy for youself this way. You fail again.

Let me guess, next you will tell us about the looming dissolution of the Union, right? You are a predictable, unamerican numbskull. STOP BEING SO STUPID.

You still can't give ONE reason to believe you instead of people I know and you can't prove you were ever in China to begin with. You are just like someone who wants to tell me what Los Angeles is like because they claim to have gone to San Francisco in 1952.

Give me one reason. Just one, to discount every one but you. Everyone is a liar but you, no Chinese person knows anything whatsoever about China but you. So do it, give me a reason. Prove that not only am I stupid, but everyone else is too. Everyone but you.

It wouldn't take very much to post a claim I lived in Norway for ten years.

Give me one reason. Just one, to discount every one but you. Everyone is a liar but you, no Chinese person knows anything whatsoever about China but you. So do it, give me a reason. Prove that not only am I stupid, but everyone else is too. Everyone but you.

I have already told you why your reasoning is flawed and your claims don't stand up. The fact that you are now reduced to constructing flimsy straw men shows that you are aware of your failure. As for proving that you are stupid, your posts here do that quite well. Everyone is not stupid, but you ARE (that was another failed straw man of yours, btw - ask someone to explain it to you).

And, as usual, when you can no longer even pretend to defend your position, you run away...

...a few weeks later you'll repeat the same nonsense all over again

The Chinese find America far FAR more brutal than China.

Talking outa your ass I see.

Every single Chinese person who I know who has immigrated would much rather be here than China. And I know a lot of first gen Chinese. So please check that sort of BS at the door.

I doubt it. When her every claim has been utterly refuted she tends to flee.

Shame...

I would also like to say, that I don't agree with you on a lot of things. But it was great to read about your experience. =)

Talking outa your ass I see.

It's a well-established pattern of behavior.

I've started to notice. I wonder if katz will even respond.

Well sometimes I do get bored with nonsense and look for someone with something to say.

Especially with specious claims that can't be proved. After hearing so much about your years in China, they sound about as real as the ten years I lived in Norway.

I will go this far. The Chinese people I know would agree that China tolerates dissent far worse than we do, but socially the US is leagues more brutal. In China, something like our protests would have been flattened by tanks. But, the streets would be cleaned of criminals and drug addicts.

The city I used to live in is becoming predominently Chinese. That's one of the reasons I go back there so much. It's becoming quite a pleasant place as they clean it up. I especially like the ways they have developed to get around our more asinine and myriad laws, rules and regulations. The Chinese are a very clever people.

The Chinese people I know would agree that China tolerates dissent far worse than we do, but socially the US is leagues more brutal.

In case you were unaware of it, those comments were examples of you being stupid and illogical. You not only presume to speak for "Chinese people," but you AGAIN draw illogical conclusions based on an admitted lack of knowledge or experience.

New Topics

Forum List

Back