23 Million Jobs Created Under Clinton, just 4 Million Under Bush

GOP added government jobs and low paying service jobs, in exchange for high paying manufacturing.

And Clinton didn't just add manufacturing. He added good paying service jobs too. When the economy is booming, everyone is paying well because of supply and demand in the job market.

We all know when the economy sucks, jobs are more scarce and so demand for workers is low, so companies get to pay lower wages.

I can't wait for McCain to admit this because I'm sick of arguing with republicans. We all know they are wrong, but it takes McCain admitting it, 3 FUCKING MONTHS BEFORE THE ELECTION, and you sheep are ready to give him a chance? Out of your minds.

The fed nor the president creates jobs... business and industry creates jobs...

We all know where the vast majority of new jobs came from in the 90's... I know, I am still in that industry... but also because that industry was built on speculation and not actual sales/production, it was a false boom or bubble... venture capitalists were throwing money around like it was grass clippings... shady deals were as plentiful as beer at a NASCAR tailgate party... and it henceforth collapsed as fast as it rose, and many of those jobs disappeared with that collapse... as a matter of fact, the internet/tech/high tech industries are STILL recovering from it, as are all the little companies that were feeding off of those residual monies being thrown around...

When you borrow $700 billion dollars from the Chinese to waste on the invasion of Iraq, it tends to trash your economy.

Job creation? - Paul Krugman - Op-Ed Columnist - New York Times Blog

still have not heard a GOPer give a good explanation for this

Well maybe Swing because it's wrong? ever consider that? Come on this is the NYT we are talking about here that same paper that sends back an op ed piece to John McCain and tells him to rewrite it so it looks more like Obama's. The same paper who has had to print retraction after retraction for making things up. So according to this Op-Ed only 4 million jobs minus those created by small business as if those don't matter? I guess it's not a job unless your working in the manufacturing sector and are a member of the UAW? Here is something to ponder, as of 2003 we had created over 6 million new jobs according to the bls and that was 5 years ago. The down turn in the economy didn't really start till last year. and the unemployment rate has risen from 5.5 to 6.1% So again this article is complete and utter nonsense and is true to form for the NYT.

Fact Sheet: Job Creation Continues – More Than 6.6 Million Jobs Created Since August 2003

Well maybe Swing because it's wrong? ever consider that? Come on this is the NYT we are talking about here that same paper that sends back an op ed piece to John McCain and tells him to rewrite it so it looks more like Obama's. The same paper who has had to print retraction after retraction for making things up. So according to this Op-Ed only 4 million jobs minus those created by small business as if those don't matter? I guess it's not a job unless your working in the manufacturing sector and are a member of the UAW? Here is something to ponder, as of 2003 we had created over 6 million new jobs according to the bls and that was 5 years ago. The down turn in the economy didn't really start till last year. and the unemployment rate has risen from 5.5 to 6.1% So again this article is complete and utter nonsense and is true to form for the NYT.

Fact Sheet: Job Creation Continues – More Than 6.6 Million Jobs Created Since August 2003

You believe Bush's whitehouse's assessment of it's own job creation?? Bush hasn't been straightforward or transparent about anything on which he could be criticized. And I don't think anyone disputes that jobs were created. It's the nature of the jobs and the numbers in relation to other SUCCESSFUL administrations that are in question.

Bush had the worst job creation history of any president since Herbert Hoover. And on this issue, I'll take the NYT over the admin's spin any day of the week.

We all know where the vast majority of new jobs came from in the 90's... I know, I am still in that industry... but also because that industry was built on speculation and not actual sales/production, it was a false boom or bubble... venture capitalists were throwing money around like it was grass clippings... shady deals were as plentiful as beer at a NASCAR tailgate party... and it henceforth collapsed as fast as it rose, and many of those jobs disappeared with that collapse... as a matter of fact, the internet/tech/high tech industries are STILL recovering from it, as are all the little companies that were feeding off of those residual monies being thrown around...

but you can't say what you did and NOT ACKNOWLEDGE that the same type of boom has happened in the bush administration with the HOUSING boom, that has now crashed and all kinds of jobs have been lost along with alot of wealth lost....

both were booms?

but you can't say what you did and NOT ACKNOWLEDGE that the same type of boom has happened in the bush administration with the HOUSING boom, that has now crashed and all kinds of jobs have been lost along with alot of wealth lost....

both were booms?

And the housing boom started when and because of WHAT??

People getting the new and super high paying tech jobs in the mid 90's.... doubling their salary every 2 years or so, getting stock options out the ying yang, thinking that the wave would never crest and crash... and hence buying houses, larger and larger houses, at the limits of their inflated salaries... getting HELOCs all over to buy more toys, and taking away from the equity within those houses.... as stated, the reach of the false boom was not just IN industry, but was felt all over, on the way up AND the way down... people in the early 00's tried everything they could to keep those houses, but many made VERY poor decisions.... and when the huge economic hit came after 9/11, which was ALREADY on the downturn starting in late98/early 99, it was just the icing on the cake and the housing crisis was coming, and there was practically nothing that could be done to stop it

Maybe try staying on topic and doing it without the same tired and baseless slogans we hear like repetitious parrot phrases

This is the topic.

Bush wasted more money than any president in history. When you do that, your economy goes down.

I wouldn't want anyone to talk about it either, if I were a rightie.

This is the topic.

Bush wasted more money than any president in history. When you do that, your economy goes down.

I wouldn't want anyone to talk about it either, if I were a rightie.

The topic started was on the disputed # of jobs "created" by the 2 different administrations... and any reasoning behind it

And you came in with the ever-so-typical, baseless, blanket slogan.....

nice try

Because, of course, you'd never do such a thing....

Nope... funny.. I don't.. unless it is calling out a troll (like the ones we know are here) for being a troll...

IF we're talking jobs... I talk jobs... when I am asked a question, I try and answer that question... when we're talking the economy, I talk economics... when we talk welfare, I talk welfare and the things related to it... when we talk music, I talk music.. .when we talk military, I talk military....

I find it fascinating that you completely understand what happened in the 90's but you are freakin clueless about today's economy and what happened.

And the housing boom started when and because of WHAT??

People getting the new and super high paying tech jobs in the mid 90's.... doubling their salary every 2 years or so, getting stock options out the ying yang, thinking that the wave would never crest and crash... and hence buying houses, larger and larger houses, at the limits of their inflated salaries... getting HELOCs all over to buy more toys, and taking away from the equity within those houses.... as stated, the reach of the false boom was not just IN industry, but was felt all over, on the way up AND the way down... people in the early 00's tried everything they could to keep those houses, but many made VERY poor decisions.... and when the huge economic hit came after 9/11, which was ALREADY on the downturn starting in late98/early 99, it was just the icing on the cake and the housing crisis was coming, and there was practically nothing that could be done to stop it

Sorry Dave

The Dot Com Bubble was from 1995–2001

On a national level, housing prices peaked in early 2005, began declining in 2006 and have not yet bottomed.

Those tech boom was over and the Mortgage lenders and banks were de-regulated and predatory lending was allowed. People didn't even need to prove they had a job or income and they were getting loans. The lenders didn't care because they were going to sell off the loans asap anyways.

Oh, and now you see Freddy and Fanny are in the governments hands? What did I tell you Dave? I said the GOP wants to privatize profits and socialize the losses. Now shareholders will do well when things are good and when things get bad, you and I will take the hit.

Free markets my ass.

Screw it if the Dems don't win. I will enjoy seeing the country fall apart. Not because I want it to happen, but because the American people deserve another great recession.

Nope... funny.. I don't.. unless it is calling out a troll (like the ones we know are here) for being a troll...

IF we're talking jobs... I talk jobs... when I am asked a question, I try and answer that question... when we're talking the economy, I talk economics... when we talk welfare, I talk welfare and the things related to it... when we talk music, I talk music.. .when we talk military, I talk military....

conversations go all over the place... just how it is. and i do believe trolling is in the eye of the beholder. there are very very few people whom EVERYONE would agree is a troll. And I'm pretty sure that the people whom I think are trolls, you wouldn't. And I know for a FACT that Gunny and I disagree even on the basic definition of a troll.

Just my opinion. Don't mean to sound school-marmish.

Carry on.

I find it completely fascinating that you weigh partisanship, conspiracy theories, BDS, and slogans into what you deem to be reality

No, really. Today McCain is admitting that the GOP as well as the Dems suck. So you will vote for him. But, yesterday he was saying the economy was strong and he was defending the GOP.

Now you will admit the GOP sucks too. But until McCain said so, you said the GOP were doing a heck of a job.

So the GOP never has to tell you the truth. Just come up with a new lie when the old one wears out.

You believe Bush's whitehouse's assessment of it's own job creation?? Bush hasn't been straightforward or transparent about anything on which he could be criticized. And I don't think anyone disputes that jobs were created. It's the nature of the jobs and the numbers in relation to other SUCCESSFUL administrations that are in question.

Bush had the worst job creation history of any president since Herbert Hoover. And on this issue, I'll take the NYT over the admin's spin any day of the week.

"Worst job creation record since Hoover Administration" (source*senate democrats.gov) as said over and over by the democratic party. Those figures are from the BLS the white house was quoting them on their web page. I'm really sorry though jillian about the NYT though, they really are a sad shell of a once great newpaper. As for the jobs, just because jobs are not created in the manufacturing sector and don't have that UAW seal of approval on them does not mean that the jobs were not created and are not real. Tell that to the person who works at the local computer consulting firm or at home nurse perhaps. No one is disputing that the Clinton Administration created a lot of jobs, but to deflate the numbers like the NYT has done to create more democratic partisan hysteria is completely unprofessional and shows the caliber of the people that work there now.

Forum List

Back