2019 Military Budget of $676 Billions

No I don’t, because I don’t know much about the intel on that cache. Was it in a bunker impervious or difficult for ordinance destroy? Were there high ranking military personnel, or numerous military personnel, or civilians that could’ve been harmed in the strikes that would’ve caused a bigger international incidence? I would’ve liked them to take that out for sure, but I seriously doubt that they decided not too without good reason if they were willing to do a strike in the first place. A strike that didn’t cause too much of the escalation that everyone was concerned about I think was the right amount of force to send a message. Granted that message was eventually ignored, but at the time I thought it was a good move.

What concerns me more is a federal government that, in the 2016 fiscal year alone, misspent over 1 trillion dollars. Misspent doesn’t mean wasteful spending on stupid shit like clown colleges in Argentina, that means paying the wrong people, double payments or just straight up loosing money. 1 trillion, vanished in a year. That’s as much as the wealthiest business in the world Apple, “whoops we lost the entire worth of Apple, our bad.” Thats 1/3 of what the fed takes in in taxes yearly. That’s 5% of the entire nations GDP, gone for no reason other that incredible incompetence and a total lack of respect for tax payer money. No excuse for that.
Do you have a reputable source for this?

I cant find anything backing that up. All I see are net losses (and that does not translate into money lost due to incorrect payments or other governmental failures). Basically, I only see figures even close to that looking at the deficit...
SHOCK: U.S. Made Over Trillion Dollars of Improper Payments

It seemed to be over a 2-3 year period so I remembered that wrong. But still 1.3 trillion over that span is still a ridiculous amount.

Total bullshit

Military budget is $650 billion a year. $1.3 trillion would be wasting every dollar for two years
This isn’t in relation to just the military budget. Read the article. Read my previous post, then response to it asking for sourcing.
Interestingly enough, it seems it does not even include the DoD so there would be more than what is reported. Rather amazing. 75% is from Medicaid, Medicare and EIC - that is a shit ton of money that is being misappropriated

It was not 2-3 years though - 1.2 trillion is over more than a decade (from 2003 but I am not sure when the end date of the 1.2 trillion figure is).

Thanks for the cite.
Still a massive amount of money.
Yea I don’t know why I thought it was the 2016 fiscal year alone, I’ve been stating that pretty much since I read that article. But yes it still is a ridiculous amount of money.

Forum List

Back