2016 Gardens

Been digging potatoes for the last week. So sick of potatoes. Never want to see a potato again....well until the morning and then I will be digging more potatertots

The last couple weeks there's been lot's of banana squash and those squash that look like flying saucers. Everybody at my house is sick of squash already.

The last couple weeks there's been lot's of banana squash and those squash that look like flying saucers. Everybody at my house is sick of squash already.

The UFO squash are call patty pan squash. Yep. Sick of squash. Fortunately or unfortunately, mother nature is starting to ravage by crop so I will be spared to fight another year.

The UFO squash are call patty pan squash. Yep. Sick of squash. Fortunately or unfortunately, mother nature is starting to ravage by crop so I will be spared to fight another year.
Well, squash make darn good compost.

Well, squash make darn good compost.

I usually harvest next year's seed from the patty pan. The yellow squash I am not sure if it grows true from seed. The patty pan I grow is an heirloom variety that does allow for that. It is getting to the point that that the blooms are rotting on the plant. Supposed to be mid 90's most of next ten days.

I'm finally starting to get some ripe cucumbers. The tomatoes are still green. The bell peppers lost their blossoms and I'm not seeing much going on with those.

I'm finally starting to get some ripe cucumbers. The tomatoes are still green. The bell peppers lost their blossoms and I'm not seeing much going on with those.
Me too. Cucumbers have been coming in . Most of my tomatoes are still green. I picked one yesterday that was orange- close enough! I got tired of waiting! My peppers aren't doing well this year. There are some good sized peppers on the plants but they aren't developing all the way.

This year has been a bust for us. We sowed seed for late summer and fall crops but they are not coming up like they use to. Only a few came up.

Will just buy transplants I guess.

This year has been a bust for us. We sowed seed for late summer and fall crops but they are not coming up like they use to. Only a few came up.

Will just buy transplants I guess.

Sucks. Still early for fall crops here, and more importantly, way too dry. You can have a rain today and by tomorrow evening plants are heat/drought stressing again.

Recently changes my mind from planting a potato garden to planting colorful flower bed in my garden after visiting to my cousin's home lest week in Sydney, There he was renovating his garden with the help of the professional landscape design service (Landscaping North Shore Sydney) and after the whole process, he really got the amazing view of garden. I am looking for the professional service in my area now, will go with growing flower bed now very soon.

Recently changes my mind from planting a potato garden to planting colorful flower bed in my garden after visiting to my cousin's home lest week in Sydney, There he was renovating his garden with the help of the professional landscape design service (Landscaping North Shore Sydney) and after the whole process, he really got the amazing view of garden. I am looking for the professional service in my area now, will go with growing flower bed now very soon.

Some people plant potatoes for the flowers. Marie Antoinette or somebody equally old, famous, and dead used to put them n her hair.

Forum List

Back