when I worked at a home for people with alzheimers and demensia, this guys hearing aids accidently got thrown away. With them being an expensive has yours the two guys who responsible for him that night had to go through the dumpster which was filled with many many soiled depends plus it was about 90 degrees outside along with a few other workers who were on shift that day. Luckly I was seven months pregnant and got out of the search. They did find the hearing aids near the bottom!

Hearing aids are wonders, not a 'fix' but a heck of a lot better than not hearing. With that said, they are uncomfortable, especially when not needed. Thus wearers tend to take them off whenever possible. That's what happened New Year's Eve. I was watching a movie, alone. I realized that since no one else would be bothered, I could turn volume up and add captioning. Was getting sleepy and took off the aids, putting them on end table. I'd moved to the floor because of my back hurting, the puppy must have jumped on the chair and made off with the 'chew toy.'

Whenever tired I should put them in very safe place, before settling down. My fault. So easy to lose them too!

Forum List

Back