Tonight
Mostly clear until midnight...then becoming mostly cloudy. Lows around 6 below. Northwest winds around 10 mph until midnight...becoming light and variable.

i've a nice warm wood stove fire going....

Well enough, I got peppers and basil out of my garden today <evil grin eastward to Indiana> and am cooking them up with some chicken.

I got pepper oil under a cut though and it stings like the dickens.

How are you?

Well enough, I got peppers and basil out of my garden today <evil grin eastward to Indiana> and am cooking them up with some chicken.

I got pepper oil under a cut though and it stings like the dickens.

How are you?

Just chilling, made jalapeno poppers and cream cheese roll ups, watched some football, been in my pj's since 7 pm....sleeping in late tomorrow.....going to enjoy my last 3 days off work of this 2 week vacation until that cruel alarm rings Monday morning at 6 am................:(

Oh, and the news said a big snowstorm is coming our way.............

Spent the morning helping my boyfriend level the floor joists in his moneypit of a house and lay the floor in what will be the bathrooms (finally). We came back to my house in the afternoon; ate the mandatory black-eyed peas, corn bread, sweet potatoes, and collard greens; watched football; and put together a puzzle.

Tomorrow, since I'm off work, I plan to do considerably less.

Spent the morning helping my boyfriend level the floor joists in his moneypit of a house and lay the floor in what will be the bathrooms (finally). We came back to my house in the afternoon; ate the mandatory black-eyed peas, corn bread, sweet potatoes, and collard greens; watched football; and put together a puzzle.

Tomorrow, since I'm off work, I plan to do considerably less.

I hope for your sake the floor wasn't the only thing that got laid! :cool:

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Just chilling, made jalapeno poppers and cream cheese roll ups, watched some football, been in my pj's since 7 pm....sleeping in late tomorrow.....going to enjoy my last 3 days off work of this 2 week vacation until that cruel alarm rings Monday morning at 6 am................:(

Oh, and the news said a big snowstorm is coming our way.............

OH! You going to get a Monday snowday?!? :eek:

I know, I know. Terrible isn't it? I keep watching for a Low front to come about 1:30 am in Chicago. LOL! It was like a dream, getting a snow day the Friday before vacation! Woot! We do have the days to 'give' without tacking on time at the end of the year.

It's been a great vacation time, though very different. Didn't get done half of what I wanted, but did get some things done I hadn't planned for. Isn't that always the way?

Happy 2009!

I know, I know. Terrible isn't it? I keep watching for a Low front to come about 1:30 am in Chicago. LOL! It was like a dream, getting a snow day the Friday before vacation! Woot! We do have the days to 'give' without tacking on time at the end of the year.

It's been a great vacation time, though very different. Didn't get done half of what I wanted, but did get some things done I hadn't planned for. Isn't that always the way?

Happy 2009!

Happy 2009 back to you my friend!

I know, I was going to organize my house and do this, that and the other over vacation......my daughter is having another 13 yo spend the night tonight, so there goes any hope of a quiet evening...:eek:

I do so love snow days..................I'm sure we'll get lucky SOMETIME this winter and have some! :eusa_pray:

Happy 2009 back to you my friend!

I know, I was going to organize my house and do this, that and the other over vacation......my daughter is having another 13 yo spend the night tonight, so there goes any hope of a quiet evening...:eek:

I do so love snow days..................I'm sure we'll get lucky SOMETIME this winter and have some! :eusa_pray:

Best day last year, bar none. I get to school on a Monday at 6:15 and it's freezing, in the school. Temp outside is well below zero. Try to turn on the heat in my room, only cold air comes out, went to find the custodian. He hadn't called the principal yet, didn't want to 'wake her.' He also hadn't called the heating people, not w/o principal's say so. So I called the principal and told her my room was just above freezing and pipes were likely to start bursting. Asked if I should start calling tree, she said, "No, it's too late." :eek:

She got to the school within 20 minutes, by now some other teachers had started arriving, we all had on gloves and boots. Crazy, finally she realizes there is no way to have 200+ people in a building with no heat. We had to take turns meeting parents and kids at their cars and telling them to go home. Needless to say some parents were angry, seems they didn't understand the problem. :rolleyes: Of course a few kids managed to get in and parents left. By 9 all were gone and a couple of my friends and I went for breakfast. Dream day!

Possible snow days aside, not an auspicious start to 2009. I awoke yesterday to find my new puppy chewed one of my hearing aids, to itty bitty pieces. Ok, my fault for leaving it where she could get it, but panic set in, $2500 I don't have right now.

For once I did something right, got the additional insurance from the hearing aid place. Not covered under homeowner's, other than for regular hazards-not dog chewing, unless a 'guest' property.

Anyhow, it's covered by the supplemental, with a 25% deductible, but a bit less than $700 beats $2500.

Possible snow days aside, not an auspicious start to 2009. I awoke yesterday to find my new puppy chewed one of my hearing aids, to itty bitty pieces. Ok, my fault for leaving it where she could get it, but panic set in, $2500 I don't have right now.

For once I did something right, got the additional insurance from the hearing aid place. Not covered under homeowner's, other than for regular hazards-not dog chewing, unless a 'guest' property.

Anyhow, it's covered by the supplemental, with a 25% deductible, but a bit less than $700 beats $2500.
when I worked at a home for people with alzheimers and demensia, this guys hearing aids accidently got thrown away. With them being an expensive has yours the two guys who responsible for him that night had to go through the dumpster which was filled with many many soiled depends plus it was about 90 degrees outside along with a few other workers who were on shift that day. Luckly I was seven months pregnant and got out of the search. They did find the hearing aids near the bottom!

Forum List

Back