1995: George H.W. Bush Resigned Lifetime NRA Membership Over LaPierre Fanaticism

1995: George H.W. Bush Resigned Lifetime NRA Membership Over LaPierre Fanaticism

Following is the letter of resignation sent last week by former President George [H.W.] Bush to the National Rifle Association: May 3, 1995

Dear Mr. Washington,

I was outraged when, even in the wake of the Oklahoma City tragedy, Mr. Wayne LaPierre, executive vice president of N.R.A., defended his attack on federal agents as “jack-booted thugs.” To attack Secret Service agents or A.T.F. people or any government law enforcement people as “wearing Nazi bucket helmets and black storm trooper uniforms” wanting to “attack law abiding citizens” is a vicious slander on good people.

It was just after the Oklahoma City terrorist bombing that LaPierre said that. The rightwingers were throwing a fit that the FBI might be investigating rightwing extremists, militias, etc.,

after a rightwing terrorist attack.

Imagine that...

do the name Ruby Ridge ring a bell Herrman?

Tim McVeigh wasn't a right wing fanatic. He was an anti government fanatic. Not caring whether that government was right or left. Today he'd be an independent.

So he would have fit right in around here with all the anti-government rightwingers.

Good point, least intelligent poster on USMB.

It was just after the Oklahoma City terrorist bombing that LaPierre said that. The rightwingers were throwing a fit that the FBI might be investigating rightwing extremists, militias, etc.,

Imagine that...

You're saying Ruby Ridge justified the Oklahoma City bombing, therefore the FBI should have called it even and backed off?

That's mildly insane.

Liberals expect everyone to act as ZOMBIES who follow lockstep as they do. They don't understand independent thought.

Imagine that...

You're saying Ruby Ridge justified the Oklahoma City bombing, therefore the FBI should have called it even and backed off?

That's mildly insane.

Its was the begining of the right wing nuttery.

Its all revolved arround wanting to see Clinton as some monster.

if the Ruby ridge family had been black or brown the right would not have seen them as heros

Now the right will likely trash him after he passes

I've been trashing for years now. I don't want to hear a fucking peep about how I 'turned" against him, he's one of the most evil men on the planet and Satan can have him back

Last edited:

Imagine that...

That's mildly insane.

putting words in my mouth?

the govt. has acted like jackbooted nazis. please pay attention.

That's mildly insane.

putting words in my mouth?

the govt. has acted like jackbooted nazis. please pay attention.

You brought up Ruby Ridge in the context of the OKC bombing.

it would be Waco in the context of the OKC bombing.

and the DOJ acted like jackbooted nazis there too.

I'm agreeing with Wayne.

Last edited:

Following is the letter of resignation sent last week by former President George [H.W.] Bush to the National Rifle Association: May 3, 1995

Dear Mr. Washington,

I was outraged when, even in the wake of the Oklahoma City tragedy, Mr. Wayne LaPierre, executive vice president of N.R.A., defended his attack on federal agents as “jack-booted thugs.” To attack Secret Service agents or A.T.F. people or any government law enforcement people as “wearing Nazi bucket helmets and black storm trooper uniforms” wanting to “attack law abiding citizens” is a vicious slander on good people.

No one is impressed. Bush Sr. is a RINO. He's a liberal, in other words. He probably only joined the NRA for political purposes in the first place.

Last edited:
Ironically, LaPierre loved the idea of racial profiling after 9/11.

And, btw, he made his 'jackbooted thug' remark, and other Nazi references,

in a fundraising letter right after the Oklahoma City bombing.

Don't let the crisis go to waste, eh???

Dear Mr. Washington,

That only makes me wanna' defend Mr. LaPierre even more because George H.W. Bush is one of the most Evil men on the planet.

Forum List

Back