19 polls show voters want taxes on wealthy raised

Reasonable people want shared sacrifice, not a partly shared sacrifice that exempts the wealthy.

I mean hey, I already said I'd support taxing the rich, 100% if needed I don't care... But I need to know if you can tell me out of 100% of the people in this country, who pays either non or the least amount in taxes. Just gotta see what you say is all, for fun, like a joke or something.

Go ahead... hit it... just knock it out of the park for us.

This guy honestly thinks the wealthy are exempt from the sacrifice.. when ~48% pay no federal income tax at all

Reasonable people want shared sacrifice, not a partly shared sacrifice that exempts the wealthy.

I mean hey, I already said I'd support taxing the rich, 100% if needed I don't care... But I need to know if you can tell me out of 100% of the people in this country, who pays either non or the least amount in taxes. Just gotta see what you say is all, for fun, like a joke or something.

This guy honestly thinks the wealthy are exempt from the sacrifice.. when ~48% pay no federal income tax at all

Don't worry Dave... they still pay taxes.

How many billionaires in the US do you figure?

I already posted it, it was 400 something

thx...and..

as of 2009- 3.1 millionaires in the US....so....

#top 5 percent of taxpayers paid more than one-half (53.8 percent) of all individual income taxes,

# The share of taxes paid by the bottom 50 percent of taxpayers will fall from 4.1 percent to 3.6 percent.

# The share of taxes paid by the top 1 percent of taxpayers will rise from 32.3 percent to 33.7 percent.

# The average tax rate for the bottom 50 percent of taxpayers falls by 27 percent as compared to a 13 percent decline for taxpayers in the top 1 percent.

whoops I am sorry.. that's the bush tax cut results...my bad:eusa_whistle: ...

here we go;

* The top 50% of income earners pay a whopping 96.5% of federal income taxes, while the lower 50% pay just 3.5%.

* The top 25% pay 83.88% of federal income taxes

* The top 10% pay 65.8% (these are people with an adjusted cross income of about $95,000 or higher)

* The top 5% pay 54.4%

* The top 1% pay 34.3% (these are people with an adjusted gross income of about $300,000 or higher)

why yes by all means soak those cheap MFers!!!!!!!!!!

'share' this ...

* The top 50% of income earners pay a whopping 96.5% of federal income taxes, while the lower 50% pay just 3.5%.

* The top 10% pay 65.8% (these are people with an adjusted cross income of about $95,000 or higher)

* The top 5% pay 54.4%

* The top 1% pay 34.3% (these are people with an adjusted gross income of about $300,000 or higher)

Yes.. taxes that everyone else pays too.. from sales tax to gas tax to entertainment tax to dog license tax to whatever else...

That does not take away from the fact that they pay zero in income taxes to the fed... which is unequal treatment under law by government... something you will sure scream about when it is a cause you believe in under your leftist mantra...

Yes.. taxes that everyone else pays too.. from sales tax to gas tax to entertainment tax to dog license tax to whatever else...

That does not take away from the fact that they pay zero in income taxes to the fed... which is unequal treatment under law by government... something you will sure scream about when it is a cause you believe in under your leftist mantra...

No... it's not unequal treatment. It's called a Progressive tax.

Those taxes that "everyone else pays too"? Hits them harder than "everyone else" which is something that you can't comprehend.

No... it's not unequal treatment. It's called a Progressive tax.

Those taxes that "everyone else pays too"? Hits them harder than "everyone else" which is something that you can't comprehend.

Justice is blind, so should be taxation... you still gotta pay that 5% sales tax like Bill Gates buying a TV too, now don't ya??

Your argument, as always, is based on subjective fairness, and not equal treatment... And a progressive tax is indeed unequal treatment, disguised in a pretty bow to make it appear more palatable to the ignorant... A flat sales tax, as an example, is not unequal treatment by government... as it is blind to the individual, and only keys on the dollar spent... well, the same thing should be done to the dollar (each and every one the same) earned

'share' this ...

* The top 5% pay 54.4%

NOW careful here--you're using facts--and that doesn't sit well with liberals.

How many billionaires in the US do you figure?

I already posted it, it was 400 something

thx...and..

as of 2009- 3.1 millionaires in the US....so....

#top 5 percent of taxpayers paid more than one-half (53.8 percent) of all individual income taxes,

# The share of taxes paid by the bottom 50 percent of taxpayers will fall from 4.1 percent to 3.6 percent.

# The share of taxes paid by the top 1 percent of taxpayers will rise from 32.3 percent to 33.7 percent.

# The average tax rate for the bottom 50 percent of taxpayers falls by 27 percent as compared to a 13 percent decline for taxpayers in the top 1 percent.

whoops I am sorry.. that's the bush tax cut results...my bad:eusa_whistle: ...

here we go;

* The top 5% pay 54.4%

why yes by all means soak those cheap MFers!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmmm....do you think that may be because they make the most income? Income taxes are like that

So is the sales tax 'unfair' then too?? Should the sales tax have different rates based on income???

Can't wait to hear this one

No... not saying that at all... I just get tired of hearing the same old meme that the working poor don't pay taxes... they do... and the taxes they do pay hurt.

But INCOME TAX? yeah... ought to be a progressive tax.. based on INCOME.

I agree, so since the wealthy are the ones paying almost all the taxes you can stop being bitter and jealous, right?

What are you willing to sacrifice so the wealthy can keep their historically low tax rates?

There is nothing I need to sacrifice. I pay my own way and have been since I was 18. I'm not a member of the receiver class and I could do more if it weren't for people like you.

Furthermore, the tax rates of wealthier Americans aren't historically low and I don't care if they were. They're still too high. It's their money, not yours. They earned it, not you. Maybe if you spent as much time improving your own life as you do seething about how other people dare be more successful than you, you could be a happier fellow all the way around.

Last edited:
I agree, so since the wealthy are the ones paying almost all the taxes you can stop being bitter and jealous, right?

What are you willing to sacrifice so the wealthy can keep their historically low tax rates?

There is nothing I need to sacrifice. I pay my own way and have been since I was 18. I'm not a member of the receiver class and I could do more if it weren't for people like you.

Furthermore, the tax rates of wealthier Americans aren't historically and I don't care if they were. They're still too high. It's their money, not yours. They earned it, not you. Maybe if you spent as much time improving your own life as you do seething about how other people dare be more successful than you could you be a happier fellow all the way around.

Ah... the old..."All Liberals are lazy unproductive people who just want someone else to pay for them" ploy. What a bunch of shit.

It's a pretty save bet that those who want taxes raised think that they themselves will not be affected.

:lol: And that's the real punchline. They somehow think that because we raise the burden on people making more money than them that somehow their burden will be less. When the fuck has that ever happened? When has the life of the middle class magically improved because someone making a million dollars had their marginal tax rate rise by 10%. These people clamoring for the rich to pay more will still be paying the same thing they are today and their lives will be no better.

Furthermore, the tax rates of wealthier Americans aren't historically and I don't care if they were. They're still too high. It's their money, not yours. They earned it, not you. Maybe if you spent as much time improving your own life as you do seething about how other people dare be more successful than you could you be a happier fellow all the way around.

Ah... the old..."All Liberals are lazy unproductive people who just want someone else to pay for them" ploy. What a bunch of shit.

I didn't say anything about so-called liberals. You did. Freudian slip?

It's a pretty save bet that those who want taxes raised think that they themselves will not be affected.

:lol: And that's the real punchline. They somehow think that because we raise the burden on people making more money than them that somehow their burden will be less. When the fuck has that ever happened? When has the life of the middle class magically improved because someone making a million dollars had their marginal tax rate rise by 10%. These people clamoring for the rich to pay more will still be paying the same thing they are today and their lives will be no better.

No, the real punchline is that things will get much worse for people who get needed services cut... Programs they've been paying into their whole lives(In My Case... 32 years).

Then... God forbid if any of them are one of those "evil" public servants. You want their livelihoods destroyed and their pensions slashed. Pensions that are obligations that have already been agreed upon.

Then... when those same "evil" public servants try to reason with them and talk about downsizing by attrition and making reasonable cuts instead of gutting everything, you refuse to listen.

BTW... the Bush tax cuts have been in place for about a decade...how's things going for Middle America? We heard from the GOP during the budget debate... if we raise the tax rate to Clinton levels, no one will hire... guess what? They aren't anyway.

How many times do you have to play Charlie Brown to the GOP's Lucy and realize that they are just letting the wealthy take more and more at the expense of everyone else? They AREN'T going to hire as long as they have slave labor in other countries. They AREN'T going to hire as long as they have virtual monopolies on most everything.

You fear tyranny and dictatorships? Let me remind you of something an old Robber/Baron turned banker said....

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws."
- Mayer Amschel Rothschild

That's where we're at... and you want more of it.

Lefty-Buds::

If you're pissed about "trust fund babies" --- income tax brackets won't do the trick -- you need to fiddle with cap gains.

If you're pissed about "family dynasties" --- income tax brackets won't do the trick -- you need to fiddle with the death tax.

WHY you're pissed ---- escapes me. And it escapes the MILLIONS of dirt poor people who are also defending "the rich" for reasons you'll never apparently understand. In terms of ADDITIONAL collateral damage you''re talking about folks like the offensive line of the Cleveland Browns. Are they STEALING from you? Even if they suck at their $$mill jobs. What did the 1000 lottery jackpot winners last year do to deserve the sacking? Explain the fairness issue to me using Venus and Serena Williams.

I know we're getting jaded about collateral damage what with predator drones and all, but I'm wondering how much tolerance the left has for dinging FIRST GENERATION wealth bystanders like 30% of the Forbes 100 richest are.

A writer could be "the rich" (according to class warrior standards) ONE YEAR and be a chump the next.
So could a building contractor. Of course, they get to income average and carry-over losses and stuff.
So they wouldn't get punished by the raging mobs..

But how can something that fleeting be SOOOO irrating to the class warriors?

And I've got a different face for "the rich" than my lefty-buds.. How about Oprah? Does SHE piss you off? Want to lump HER with your silly robber-baron rhetoric? Honest HARD CORE class warriors will. Let's separate the warriors from the whiners..

Last edited:
Oh stop with the facts and graphs and charts already...

flacaltenn-albums-charts-picture3654-vero5-1.png

We've never succeeded in using the top brackets to boost treasury reciepts over 18% or 19% of GDP. It's a paradox that only a macroeconomist can explain. What boosts Treasury reciepts is GROWTH in GDP or leveling the progressiveness of the tax structure. So besides all the bitching and the "feelings" about fairness. It probably isn't gonna work to march the rich off the plank anyway..

Guys, TM has not had a job mst of her adult life... Of course she wants taxes to go up on someone else, they pay for her life.

Are you lame? If TM is already getting her life paid for before taxes are increased on the rich, how the fuck could that be a motive?? :cuckoo:

Income tax is the same for everybody and isn't based on if you are rich. It is based on your income in a particular year. As your income raises to certain level (bracket) your additional income will be tax at the new rate. It is the same for everyone whether it be someone deeply in debt that hits the lottery or an heiress whose investment portfolio loses money for the year.

The "rich" are paying a bigger share then in the past but that is because they destroying the middle class causing a wider gap between the haves and the have nots. It definitely isn't because tax rates are historically high.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back