17 y.o. hit & run driver in L.A. sentenced to 5 months was shot dead...

It is so sad, poster CatBreath, that you are trapped in such a neighborhood.....where the only justice is vigilante justice.

Is it an affordability issue for you?
Locked into the equity of your home and can't leave it?
Or is it where your rent is the cheapest and most affordable for you?

It's sad. Most especially when the rest of American citizens benefit by a justice system .....tho not perfect....is considered a model of much of the world.
And you seemingly live in an America where such protection is not affordable to you.

That is sad. Good luck.
Fortunately I moved from Los Angeles and now live in an area unreachable by the darker, criminal element.

George Gascon is a corrupt district attorney. Thankfully not my district attorney. As long as creatures like Gascon exist vigilante justice will BE justice.

It's sad. Most especially when the rest of American citizens benefit by a justice system .....tho not perfect....is considered a model of much of the world
You live in fantasy land. The kid's victims got no justice. We get that you're okay with that

Umm, poor poster Westwall, mein freund....you may wanna re-think your posting competency.

I mean by that, if you kill murderers before they murder....well then, they can't be a murderer. They be dead.

However, it would make you a murderer.

Not according to law. Somebody comes running up to my car I suspect has a gun. When he gets to my window he pulls that gun in effort to car jack me, but thinking ahead, I got my gun out ready to use in case. I kill him before he lifts the gun to aim at me. I am not a murderer, I am a victim defending myself. The police won't even give me a ticket. I simply drive home and stop at McDonald's for a Big Mac combo.

No! Nobody deserves the death penalty! Period!

Society owes a debt to rehabilitate the criminals that the society has created.

The sickness is in the few modern first world countries that still administer the death penalty.

And I"m claiming that me being an atheist has something to do with my opinion. I'm happy to pursue the topic further with those who can rise above their attitude of hate, to look at the question objectively.

One of the reasons for any kind of penalty is to create a deterrent to the accused and others that may consider doing the same crime. Death is the ultimate deterrent. Therefore nothing wrong with the death penalty.

(underlining by my avatar, not poor westwall's)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, OK. Got it!
That is what you meant to say.
But didn't.
Cool.

No, that is what was said, you chose to ignore it.

We don't do that in Canada and we don't think anybody deserves the death penalty for any crime.

The reason why I believe that's the best policy is because I'm an atheist.

The reason I don't believe in it is because criminals know if they commit a horrible crime, that's all that will happen to them.

Three square meals a day.
Work is optional.
A workout room.
A field outdoors to play sports in.
A pool room.
A private room with a bed if you want to start a family from prison.
Cable television.
Limited internet access.

Not much to fear by committing a crime, is there?

"No, that is what was said, you chose to ignore it."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whew!!
Poster Westwall.....you are like a Whack-A-Mole mole.
Can't keep you down.
But.....can't make you right either.

Here, let me kinda help. Again.
In post #31.....you posted this:

"Murderers murder people. The only way to prevent that is to kill them first."

No word in that sentence (actually two sentences) about arrest/trial/conviction/due process. None.
Go ahead, check me out.....go back up to post #31 and re-read what your own avatar posted.

A sincere bit of advice: You two need to get in sync.....you are making your avatar look like a liar, or......he's making you look like a liar.
Or obtuse.
I'll let you two choose which best applies.

Trust me on this. K?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whew!!
Poster Westwall.....you are like a Whack-A-Mole mole.
Can't keep you down.
But.....can't make you right either.

Here, let me kinda help. Again.
In post #31.....you posted this:

No word in that sentence (actually two sentences) about arrest/trial/conviction/due process. None.
Go ahead, check me out.....go back up to post #31 and re-read what your own avatar posted.

A sincere bit of advice: You two need to get in sync.....you are making your avatar look like a liar, or......he's making you look like a liar.
Or obtuse.
I'll let you two choose which best applies.

Trust me on this. K?

No, dum dum, I was responding to your Canadian retard who said that the death penalty was wrong.

DEATH PENALTY. In other words, a State decided PENALTY for a crime.

DURRRRRR

The sickness is in the few modern first world countries that still administer the death penalty.

And I"m claiming that me being an atheist has something to do with my opinion. I'm happy to pursue the topic further with those who can rise above their attitude of hate, to look at the question objectively.
Please tell us why he doesn’t DESERVE the death penalty? Do you even CARE about the Victims and what they went through? What about their families? Please leak us why those who believe in the Death Penalty are accused of “ hate” You have NO compassion for the Victims or their families

Are you OK, poster 'luiza'?
Is this the right venue for you?
You seem a little discombobulated on this chatroom.
Umm, poor poster Westwall, mein freund....you may wanna re-think your posting competency.
A sincere bit of advice: You two need to get in sync.....you are making your avatar look like a liar, or......he's making you look like a liar. Or obtuse. I'll let you two choose which best applies.
Trust me on this. K?
We need an emoticon for "Condescending Asshole", obviously.

"...emoticon for "Condescending Asshole"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Well, poor poster Orange....that avatar that works for me has tried the Mr. Rogers way to respond to some of the RWNJobbery that gets posted on this chatroom.
Frankly, that didn't move the needle much.

My avatar also briefly used rude snarkery, satire, and skepticism to signal to the Q-MAGA's of this board that their logic, or arguments, or facts, or approach......was deficient for adult discourse, and sometimes even corrosive to American ideals and values. But that approach wasn't as satisfactory as desired.

But, much to my surprise my avatar stumbled upon another poster---whose avatar handle I cannot recall ---- who oft used a patronizing tone. And seemed to be effectively persuasive.

Ergo.....my avatar then chose to employ the same magisterial approach as a way to correct the error of others. Though sometimes with mixed results.

Too, it must be said and if can recall properly, that method by my avatar has seemingly helped you, poster Orange, to be a more responsible contributor here, sometimes.

So we are somewhat satisfied with that.....tho readily acknowledging there is much work left to be done.

But we are encourged that your avatar is at least sometimes a little clearer, a little more responsible in presenting so called 'facts'. Not as 'conspiracy'-driven as previously. We are heartened by that and hope your avatar can maintain such focus.

Good luck.

How many innocent victims do there have to be to support your perpetually unproven social experiment in rehabilitation?

Forum List

Back