16 Year old stem cell researcher

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
At age 3, Kyle Loh shocked his nursery school teachers when he started reading to the class. At 5, he tested off the charts on his kindergarten IQ test.

By 12, he was enrolling in college classes. At 14, he was spending his summer doing stem cell research at Harvard. Today, at age 16, he donned a cap and gown and became one of the youngest students to ever graduate from Rutgers University.

Loh, working in his lab on campus, will be graduating from Rutgers University. Among the youngest students to graduate from Rutgers, Loh is already making a name for himself as one of the nation's top young stem cell researchers.

The cell biology and neuroscience major with a 3.9-grade point average joins a small group of students who graduated from Rutgers while they were still teenagers. In 1996, Hannes Sarkuni of Cranbury became the university’s youngest graduate when he earned his degree at 14. His brother, Sehrope, and cousin, Shant, followed in his footsteps and graduated from Rutgers a few years later. They were both 15.

After graduation, Kyle plans to spend the summer working with a Harvard professor at a stem cell research lab in Genome Institute of Singapore. This fall, he will move to California to enroll in the developmental biology graduate program at Stanford University School of Medicine.

Born in Morristown to immigrant parents from Taiwan and Singapore, Kyle grew up in Mendham attending public schools. With the encouragement of his parents and teachers, Kyle began to take classes at the County College of Morris while still in middle school. That led to his decision to enroll in Rutgers when he turned 13.

I just love stories like this.

Interesting story. I hear about such geniuses all the time but it would be interesting to note what they make of their life after tasting extraordinary success so early in life.

Maybe he will look into finding the 'key' to this genius. I am sure many scientists, for decades, have been searching the DNA of those with these expanded brain attriutes. If "They" ever find out, would 'they' tell the world? I doubt it.

Can anyone imagine what the world would be like if everyone's IQ norms were say 180 and up? And the people who would eventually control it? Someone or group WILL, or already have, discover this, there is no doubt in my 'sub-genius mind'.

Forum List

Back