151 years ago today: Democrats founded and staffed the Ku Klux Klan

So? Anyone who understands history will be able to put this into the right context. Anyone who just simply has a ridiculous agenda and plays the bullshit partisan game doesn't care.

It's ok. It's like the Crusades. What difference, at this point, does it make?

What difference does it make? Well it depends which part you're talking about.

No one alive today is responsible for things that happened 150 or 900 years ago.

Of course not. However people have a tendency to look back into the past and take offense at things in the past and make judgements based on the past.
Unless you are a bed wetting liberal then all whites are guilty today of slavery that ended over 150 years ago. They have stated it in no uncertain terms on campuses across this Country and in the Democratic party as well.

Which is not what I said or meant in any way.

So? Anyone who understands history will be able to put this into the right context. Anyone who just simply has a ridiculous agenda and plays the bullshit partisan game doesn't care.

No one alive today is responsible for things that happened 150 or 900 years ago.

Of course not. However people have a tendency to look back into the past and take offense at things in the past and make judgements based on the past.
So that's what you're doing when you decide blacks can't live without your welfare systems, they need special treatment for college admission and can't possibly figure out how to vote with an ID. Isn't it at least interesting to you that the same attitude toward the blacks that people used for them being enslaved are the exact same reasonings you use to keep them in the democrat party?

They're just too dumb to live without you. Thinking for themselves is voting against their own interests. You just can't let these people think for themselves, that's discrimination.

The bigotry of low expectations...but it's even worse. Democrats want to keep blacks as economic slaves for their votes.

Unless you are a bed wetting liberal then all whites are guilty today of slavery that ended over 150 years ago. They have stated it in no uncertain terms on campuses across this Country and in the Democratic party as well.

It's exactly what you said and meant. Fuck off with your bullshit excuses.

It's who you are as a democrat...you can evolve, it's still your choice....

So that's what you're doing when you decide blacks can't live without your welfare systems, they need special treatment for college admission and can't possibly figure out how to vote with an ID. Isn't it at least interesting to you that the same attitude toward the blacks that people used for them being enslaved are the exact same reasonings you use to keep them in the democrat party?

They're just too dumb to live without you. Thinking for themselves is voting against their own interests. You just can't let these people think for themselves, that's discrimination.

The bigotry of low expectations...but it's even worse. Democrats want to keep blacks as economic slaves for their votes.
Dems can't ever consider blacks to be individual thinkers on their own. They lose way too much if they do that.

Dems can't ever consider blacks to be individual thinkers on their own. They lose way too much if they do that.

It drove them nuts when Trump told the blacks what the hell do you have to lose and asked them for support....nobody stood up to the left like Trump

The Confederate Flag is a symbol of State Rights, which has little to do with Slavery. It honors all of those who fought for their state rights, and apparently offends all of those who don't understand what the Civil War was about. Lots of good reasons to love the Confederate Flag.
The Confederate flag is a symbol of the TRAITORS who made WAR against the United States of America, its People and the Constitution! Your revision of history has no rational truth or validity in the real world!

Slavery is something I've never been able to understand.
I guess I have a different mind set.
Rounding people up and putting them in chains and shipping them 4000 miles away is something I couldn't think up let alone try .

On Dec. 24, 1865, Democrats in the American South formed the Ku Klux Klan as a means of keeing uppity blacks in their place. They attacked the blacks, and any white Republicans who defended or support them, lynching and killing them when possible. Democrat support for, and membership in, the KKK continues to this day, with theDemocrat attacking, insulting, and pillorying blacks who dared to espouse viewpoints the Democrats disagree with.

Bullshit.

Variously reported as December 24 or 25 1865, the Klan was founded by Richard Reed, Capt. John B. Kennedy, James Crowe, Capt. John Lester and Calvin Jones, in Jones' father's law office in Pulaski, Tennessee. All six were Confederate vet soldiers who founded it simply as a joke. That's exactly why it has all the silly K-alliterations. Wasn't supposed to be anything more than that.

YOUR OWN LINK explains this in its first two sentences.

None of the six were involved in politics or had any known political activities. They were simply bored vet soldiers with nothing to do. And in December 1865 Tennessee was disenfranchised anyway.

In the next year the Klan would be taken over by local vigilante groups already active in small ad hoc groups who saw a tool in the garb and mystery. That's when the shit hit the fan.

Conservative southerns angry about reconstruction after the civil war. Of course, I don't expect you republicans to understand basic political history.

"At the time of Ulysses S. Grant's election to the presidency, white supremacists were conducting a reign of terror throughout the South. In outright defiance of the Republican-led federal government, Southern Democrats formed organizations that violently intimidated blacks and Republicans who tried to win political power.

The most prominent of these, the Ku Klux Klan, was formed in Pulaski, Tennessee, in 1865. Originally founded as a social club for former Confederate soldiers, the Klan evolved into a terrorist organization. It would be responsible for thousands of deaths, and would help to weaken the political power of Southern blacks and Republicans."

WGBH American Experience . U.S. Grant: Warrior | PBS

Where's your evidence of your assertion that it Conservative Republicans founded the KKK? Or is just another of the Democrats attempts at historical revisionism?

I have shown you mine, now show me yours.

Rounding people up and putting them in chains and shipping them 4000 miles away is something I couldn't think up let alone try .

Look at it from a strictly physics perspective....

A 1 horsepower motor is the equivalent of approximately 22 men working....

A large industrial factory motor is the equivalent of the entirety of blacks democrats enslaved for labor......

Democrats simply looked at blacks as equipment for their factories.....

The KKK was started by former soldiers of the Confederacy,

which is the single most important reason you see so many conservatives so vigorously defend the display of the Confederate Flag.
Wrong again.....it may have been founded by confederates, but it has members in every state

Technically no. The Klan officially ceased to exist in April of 1944. IRS got 'em.

What you have now is a lot of pop-up fringers playing dress-up. But they don't work together and may not even know of each other.

That's what David Duke did. He didn't join an existing chapter--- he created one.

How about rounding up thousands of animals, shipping them off somewhere and then slaughtering them and sticking them in plastic and selling it to people? Can you think that one up?

Conservative southerns angry about reconstruction after the civil war. Of course, I don't expect you republicans to understand basic political history.

"At the time of Ulysses S. Grant's election to the presidency, white supremacists were conducting a reign of terror throughout the South. In outright defiance of the Republican-led federal government, Southern Democrats formed organizations that violently intimidated blacks and Republicans who tried to win political power.

The most prominent of these, the Ku Klux Klan, was formed in Pulaski, Tennessee, in 1865. Originally founded as a social club for former Confederate soldiers, the Klan evolved into a terrorist organization. It would be responsible for thousands of deaths, and would help to weaken the political power of Southern blacks and Republicans."

Where's your evidence of your assertion that it Conservative Republicans founded the KKK? Or is just another of the Democrats attempts at historical revisionism?

Who suggested Republicans formed the Klan?

There's no evidence of any political activities or affiliations for any of the founders of the KKK. Not in the original version and not in the 1915 one.

There's no evidence of any political activities or affiliations for any of the founders of the KKK. Not in the original version and not in the 1915 one.
Ok Nathan Bedford....

The KKK was started by former soldiers of the Confederacy,

which is the single most important reason you see so many conservatives so vigorously defend the display of the Confederate Flag.
Wrong again.....it may have been founded by confederates, but it has members in every state

Technically no. The Klan officially ceased to exist in April of 1944. IRS got 'em.

What you have now is a lot of pop-up fringers playing dress-up. But they don't work together and may not even know of each other.

That's what David Duke did. He didn't join an existing chapter--- he created one.

No i meant Indiana, Oregon, Colorado, not havens for confederates

None except the killed blacks and republican whites helping out

None except the killed blacks and republican whites helping out
Yep....the blacks klan democrats lynched were republicans......

Forum List

Back