15 Year Old Girl Arrested For Burning Koran

I did want the answer. What I did not want was the accompanying lecture and assumption that it would somehow change my mind.

Don't want a 'lecture'...then don't post items about countries that are totally inaccurate. Oh, and I would never assume or attempt to change your mind. It matters not one iota to me what you think. You must have delusions of grandeur, pal, if that's what you think. I'm sure that if I made a statement about your country that was inaccurate, you would pick me up on it...quite rightly. And from what I've seen of your style on these boards, it would be accompanied by several lecturing sentences.

I asked a question, so how exactly did I post something that is inaccurate? Or do you actually think the law makes sense? Do you also think that I can say something that is 100% true, have no intent to harm, and still be liable for slander? If so, you are welcome to your opinion, but it does not make you, or your country, right. Nor does my opinion make me, or my country, right. If you are going to get huffy every time someone says something bad about your country I suggest you find a hole and pull it in after yourself. Otherwise you will end up with ulcers, and be a larger burden on that miserable excuse your country has for a health care system.

What a short memory you have! Allow me to remind you of the erroneous post you made:

She committed blasphemy, which is illegal in the UK. Oh the joys of being PC.

Far from getting huffy about you making a comment about my country, I simply corrected your ignorance of the law, pointing out that the blasphemy law no longer existed in Britain. Seems it is you who doesn't like being picked up when posting a bullshit statement. You can say whatever you want, but if it is incorrect and non-factual, expect to be picked up on it. As I said, check your facts before making statements you know nothing about. Now, that hole you were talking about...keep on digging mate.

Colin - is it true that the Koran must be placed above the Bible on the top shelf of public libraries?

No it isn't true. There was a case where some muslims asked that the Qran be placed on the top shelf of their local library...in much the same way that they place it on a high shelf in their homes. They believe, since it is the word of their God that it should be placed above the ordinary things. To avoid any insult to Christians, they suggested the Bible be placed alongside it on the top shelf.

The situation was brought to light in guidance published by the Museums, Libraries and Archives Council, a quango answering to Culture Secretary Andy Burnham, on how to handle controversial materials.

It said some Muslims in Leicester had moved copies of the Koran to the top shelves of libraries, because they believe it is an insult to display it in a low position.

The city's librarians consulted the Federation of Muslim Organisations and were advised that all religious texts should be kept on the top shelf to ensure equality.

A short case study on the situation has been written into the appendix of the guidance, available on the MLA website.

It states: “Some libraries in Leicester have received complaints about the Koran not being placed on the top shelves in libraries. Some customers go along the shelves and place the Koran so it is shelved higher than other books.

“This action arises from the practice in many Muslim homes of the Koran being placed on a high shelf above commonplace things, as it is the word of God.

“The authority consulted the Federation of Muslim Organisations in Leicester about this matter, and they advised that all religious texts should be kept on a top shelf together.

“This meant that no offence is caused, as the scriptures of all the major faiths are given respect in this way, but none is higher than any other.”

Bible put on top shelf in move to appease Muslims - Telegraph

Don't want a 'lecture'...then don't post items about countries that are totally inaccurate. Oh, and I would never assume or attempt to change your mind. It matters not one iota to me what you think. You must have delusions of grandeur, pal, if that's what you think. I'm sure that if I made a statement about your country that was inaccurate, you would pick me up on it...quite rightly. And from what I've seen of your style on these boards, it would be accompanied by several lecturing sentences.

I asked a question, so how exactly did I post something that is inaccurate? Or do you actually think the law makes sense? Do you also think that I can say something that is 100% true, have no intent to harm, and still be liable for slander? If so, you are welcome to your opinion, but it does not make you, or your country, right. Nor does my opinion make me, or my country, right. If you are going to get huffy every time someone says something bad about your country I suggest you find a hole and pull it in after yourself. Otherwise you will end up with ulcers, and be a larger burden on that miserable excuse your country has for a health care system.

What a short memory you have! Allow me to remind you of the erroneous post you made:

She committed blasphemy, which is illegal in the UK. Oh the joys of being PC.

Far from getting huffy about you making a comment about my country, I simply corrected your ignorance of the law, pointing out that the blasphemy law no longer existed in Britain. Seems it is you who doesn't like being picked up when posting a bullshit statement. You can say whatever you want, but if it is incorrect and non-factual, expect to be picked up on it. As I said, check your facts before making statements you know nothing about. Now, that hole you were talking about...keep on digging mate.

Yes I said that. It was actually based on my understanding of the English language, which, last time I looked, is still being used in the UK.

impious utterance or action concerning god or sacred things.

Blasphemy | Define Blasphemy at Dictionary.com

Instead of calling it blasphemy the law in the UK calls it inciting religious hatred. The two terms are actually synonymous, they have the same meaning. I might be ignorant about the stupid laws in the UK, but I am not ignorant about the shared language. If you had dropped your attempts to lecture me and simply accepted my opinion of your outrageous laws, you would not now be sitting there with egg on your face and looking petty.

Colin - is it true that the Koran must be placed above the Bible on the top shelf of public libraries?

No it isn't true. There was a case where some muslims asked that the Qran be placed on the top shelf of their local library...in much the same way that they place it on a high shelf in their homes. They believe, since it is the word of their God that it should be placed above the ordinary things. To avoid any insult to Christians, they suggested the Bible be placed alongside it on the top shelf.

The situation was brought to light in guidance published by the Museums, Libraries and Archives Council, a quango answering to Culture Secretary Andy Burnham, on how to handle controversial materials.

It said some Muslims in Leicester had moved copies of the Koran to the top shelves of libraries, because they believe it is an insult to display it in a low position.

The city's librarians consulted the Federation of Muslim Organisations and were advised that all religious texts should be kept on the top shelf to ensure equality.

A short case study on the situation has been written into the appendix of the guidance, available on the MLA website.

It states: “Some libraries in Leicester have received complaints about the Koran not being placed on the top shelves in libraries. Some customers go along the shelves and place the Koran so it is shelved higher than other books.

“This action arises from the practice in many Muslim homes of the Koran being placed on a high shelf above commonplace things, as it is the word of God.

“The authority consulted the Federation of Muslim Organisations in Leicester about this matter, and they advised that all religious texts should be kept on a top shelf together.

“This meant that no offence is caused, as the scriptures of all the major faiths are given respect in this way, but none is higher than any other.”

Bible put on top shelf in move to appease Muslims - Telegraph

Which, again, shows the stupidity of the UK. All books in a library should be arranged in the order of a classification system, like the Dewey Decimal System, and no exceptions should be made for any book. Period.

Yes I said that. It was actually based on my understanding of the English language, which, last time I looked, is still being used in the UK.

impious utterance or action concerning god or sacred things.

Blasphemy | Define Blasphemy at Dictionary.com

Instead of calling it blasphemy the law in the UK calls it inciting religious hatred. The two terms are actually synonymous, they have the same meaning. I might be ignorant about the stupid laws in the UK, but I am not ignorant about the shared language. If you had dropped your attempts to lecture me and simply accepted my opinion of your outrageous laws, you would not now be sitting there with egg on your face and looking petty.

As I said I couldn't give a toss about what you think. Especially since you make a fool of yourself by further compounding your ignorance of matters beyond your sphere of comprehension. The sheer stupidity of your original statement is demonstrated by the fact that not only was the law repealed, but it only applied to protection of the Christian church.

Wipe the spittle from your computer screen and where did you say the egg was. Oh yeah all over your face pal! :lol:

Last edited:

Yes, it is true that the Quran must be placed in a separate location of its own and given preference to all other books.

After all, Muhammad was an illiterate mentally ill pedophile who heard voices in his head that became the Quran:lol:

Yes, it is true that the Quran must be placed in a separate location of its own and given preference to all other books.

After all, Muhammad was an illiterate mentally ill pedophile who heard voices in his head that became the Quran:lol:

What's up Marc? Can't read, or just in denial because facts get in the way of your particular personal agenda? :cuckoo:

What's up Marc? Can't read, or just in denial because facts get in the way of your particular personal agenda? :cuckoo:

You know less than zero about the subject matter. Run along.

Coming from someone with such a onesided and rather bigoted view, that is fucking hilarious!

Last edited:

Coming from someone with such a onesided and rather bigoted view, that is fucking hilarious!

I have a one-sided view of Islam: The informed side. You, not so much

While you have been sitting on your arse reading extreme right wing drivel, I have spent four tours fighting alongside Muslims against Muslims. I reckon that makes me a better expert on them than you will ever be, lightweight!

I have a one-sided view of Islam: The informed side. You, not so much

While you have been sitting on your arse reading extreme right wing drivel, I have spent four tours fighting alongside Muslims against Muslims. I reckon that makes me a better expert on them than you will ever be, lightweight!

Did you fight alongside Maj. Hasan? How did he turn out?

Somebody should be arrested and or/fined if they're breaking the law. If they feel the law is unjust they should fight against it. And be prepared to face the consequences.

Fighting against an unjust law is against the law in some places. So she was arrested for fighting against an unjust law.
thumbnail.aspx
and dats the twuth.

Why should governments care about making Muslims happy?

Fear of retaliation.

Why should governments care about making any religion happy?

Lets hear about the crucifix in urine thing that happened 30 ? years ago?

It's not about making them happy, it's about not making them unhappy and the "them" who are prone to violent acts are the ones we or our government fears making unhappy.

It's a pity terrorism carries so much weight in law and decision making. When it affects us here in the US though, shouldn't we fight against that!? Wasn't the main reason for our founding fathers to flee England was to be free from tyranny (an oppressive power/religion)!!?? (Refer to similar issue in following thread: US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum > US Discussion > Religion and Ethics > Hypocrites )
There's not much we can do about other countries' decisions on how to handle pressure (i.e. Spain withdrawing forces from the Middle East after Madrid train station bombing) and the laws they make (burning religious materials), no matter if we agree with them or not.

I think it's a stupid law, but it's an English Law, so really.. its none of my business.

Maybe the English just don't want to be like us.

So very few people in the world, do, after all.

Forum List

Back