15 Year Old Girl Arrested For Burning Koran

Since when has it been a compliment? The word 'honky' is and always has been a racial slur for white people. Is the word '******' a compliment?

I don't know, ask the Blacks that use it to refer to their best friends or 'homies'.

No need to be obtuse. Wasn't asking you, smartarse.

Post anything on an open forum and expect others to respond. Don't matter who you were asking. If you wanted for just that one person to answer then p.m. him/her. Don't ask openly ;)

When I was 15, I'd have happily burned a Koran....or Bible....or Torah....or any other religious book. In fact, I'd still happily do it. To consider that inciting violence, by itself, is a ridiculous stretch. To think the parents of the girl who did it should be arrested, unless there is more to it than simply burning the book, is idiocy. You certainly don't have to like it, but that in no way makes it a crime. I'm glad I don't live in a country where it is.

Wait a while ;).

Homework? I asked a question that is actually irrelevant to my position. The law is wrong, people do not have a right not to be offended, and any law that tries to prevent offense is stupid. That makes the UK law stupid even if they scrupulously arrest everyone in the country.

Who gives a damn what you think? Certainly we don't. Don't ask questions if you don't want answers.

I did want the answer. What I did not want was the accompanying lecture and assumption that it would somehow change my mind.

Don't want a 'lecture'...then don't post items about countries that are totally inaccurate. Oh, and I would never assume or attempt to change your mind. It matters not one iota to me what you think. You must have delusions of grandeur, pal, if that's what you think. I'm sure that if I made a statement about your country that was inaccurate, you would pick me up on it...quite rightly. And from what I've seen of your style on these boards, it would be accompanied by several lecturing sentences.

I don't know, ask the Blacks that use it to refer to their best friends or 'homies'.

No need to be obtuse. Wasn't asking you, smartarse.

Post anything on an open forum and expect others to respond. Don't matter who you were asking. If you wanted for just that one person to answer then p.m. him/her. Don't ask openly ;)

Give a puerile answer to a serious question...expect to be responded to in a similar vein.

Why did they arrest her? What laws did she break?

I hope she sues the hell out of everyone involved.

She committed blasphemy, which is illegal in the UK. Oh the joys of being PC.

Blasphemy is no longer illegal in the UK. She was arrested for inciting religious hatred.

Is the next step going to be charging people that do not join the religion with "inciting religious hatred". Will that be considered a crime, oh wait, in some countries, it already is.

Why should governments care about making Muslims happy?

You might want to ask Obama. He is the one who offers the most support of them.

We really do need to pay attention to what is happening. It is a very dangerous time.

The U.S. military is confirming that it has destroyed some Bibles belonging to an American soldier serving in Afghanistan.

Reuters News says the Bibles were confiscated and destroyed after Qatar-based Al Jazeer television showed soldiers at a Bible class on a base with a stack of Bibles translated into the local Pashto and Dari languages. The U.S. military forbids its members on active duty -- including those based in places like Afghanistan -- from trying to convert people to another religion.

Reuters quotes Maj. Jennifer Willis at the Bagram Air Base, north of Kabul, who said "I can now confirm that the Bibles shown on Al Jazeera's clip were, in fact, collected by the chaplains and later destroyed. They were never distributed."

According to the military officials, the Bibles were sent through private mail to an evangelical Christian soldier by his church back home. Reuters says the soldier brought them to the Bible study class where they were filmed.

The Chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Mike Mullen, told a Pentagon briefing Monday that the military's position is that it will never "push any specific religion."

Military destroys soldier's Bibles (OneNewsNow.com)

UNITED NATIONS, Nov 23 (Reuters) - A U.N. General Assembly committee once again voted to condemn the "vilification of religion" on Tuesday, but support narrowed for a measure that Western powers say is a threat to freedom of expression.

The 192-nation General Assembly is expected to formally adopt the measure next month http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN2317181720101123 Edited-Added Link

Good thing judges in the U.S. don't use international law when ruling. Or do they?

Who gives a damn what you think? Certainly we don't. Don't ask questions if you don't want answers.

I did want the answer. What I did not want was the accompanying lecture and assumption that it would somehow change my mind.

Don't want a 'lecture'...then don't post items about countries that are totally inaccurate. Oh, and I would never assume or attempt to change your mind. It matters not one iota to me what you think. You must have delusions of grandeur, pal, if that's what you think. I'm sure that if I made a statement about your country that was inaccurate, you would pick me up on it...quite rightly. And from what I've seen of your style on these boards, it would be accompanied by several lecturing sentences.

I asked a question, so how exactly did I post something that is inaccurate? Or do you actually think the law makes sense? Do you also think that I can say something that is 100% true, have no intent to harm, and still be liable for slander? If so, you are welcome to your opinion, but it does not make you, or your country, right. Nor does my opinion make me, or my country, right. If you are going to get huffy every time someone says something bad about your country I suggest you find a hole and pull it in after yourself. Otherwise you will end up with ulcers, and be a larger burden on that miserable excuse your country has for a health care system.

Quran is poor literature written by an indigent, illiterate, cave-dwelling pedophile and gangster who stole his cult from Judaism and Christianity and then proceeded to murder the Jews and Christians. Burning it is only fitting.

I bet that girl would not have gotten arrested for burning a Bible because burning a Koran is politically incorrect but the Bible, well who cares about them Christians now a day?

Blasphemy is no longer illegal in the UK. She was arrested for inciting religious hatred.

Is the next step going to be charging people that do not join the religion with "inciting religious hatred". Will that be considered a crime, oh wait, in some countries, it already is.

Nah. Next step is to sign yourself into a mental institution. There you may be able to expand your knowledge beyond that parochial bubble you seem to live in.

Why did they arrest her? What laws did she break?

I hope she sues the hell out of everyone involved.

That really makes no sense.

It's a book, that's on fire. How hell is that an insult to anyone?

It's offensive and it pisses people off, but I don't see how the hell burning a book is inciting hatred against anyone.

No one is going to say "Holy shit their book can be set on fire, I guess that's a good reason for me to stop trusting them"

The arrest of a 15-year old girl for burning a Koran and putting a video of it on Facebook — an act which is doubtless reprehensible — has however raised the obvious question: would someone be arrested for burning a bible?

Have you ever seen a Muslim, that he burned the Bible?

Really, why Muslims do not cremate the Bible?
Why Muslims do not design Caricatures about insulting Christian blasphemy?

You think they can not do it?

Last edited:
The arrest of a 15-year old girl for burning a Koran and putting a video of it on Facebook — an act which is doubtless reprehensible — has however raised the obvious question: would someone be arrested for burning a bible?

Have you ever seen a Muslim, that he burned the Bible?

Really, why Muslims do not cremate the Bible?
Why Muslims do not design Caricatures about insulting Christian blasphemy?

You think they can not do it?

Muzzies just commit mass murder of Christians. Allahu Fucku!

Arab Muslim Khaled Abu Toameh: Muslim Genocide of Christians Throughout The Middle East
It is obvious by now that the Christians in the Middle East are an "endangered species." Christians in Arab countries are no longer being persecuted; they are now being slaughtered and driven out of their homes and lands. Those who for many years turned a blind eye to complaints about the persecution of Christians in the Middle East now owe the victims an apology. Now it is clear to all that these complaints were not "Jewish propaganda."

The war of genocide against Christians in the Middle East can no longer be treated as an "internal affair" of Iraq or Egypt or the Palestinians. What the West needs to understand is that radical Islam has declared jihad not only against Jews, but also against Christians. In Iraq, Egypt and the Palestinian territories, Christians are being targeted almost on a daily basis by Muslim fundamentalists and secular dictators.

Dozens of Arab Christians in Iraq have been killed in recent months in what seems to be well-planned campaign to drive them out of the country. Many Christian families have already begun fleeing Iraq out of fear for their lives. Some have chosen to start new lives in Jordan, while many others are expressing hope that they could be resettled in North America or Europe. In Egypt, the plight of the Coptic Christian minority appears to be worsening. Just this week, the Egyptian security forces killed a Coptic Christian man and wounded scores of others who were protesting against the government's intention to demolish a Christian-owned structure. Hardly a day passes without reports of violence against members of the Coptic Christian community in various parts of Egypt. Most of the attacks are carried out by Muslim fundamentalists.

According to the Barnabas Fund, an advocacy and charitable organization based in the United Kingdom, "Fears for the safety of Egyptian Christians are growing after a series of false allegations, violent threats and mass demonstrations against Christians in Egypt." Muslim anger was ignited by unfounded accusations that Egyptian Christians were aligned with Israel and stockpiling weapons in preparation for war against Muslims. The Barnabas Fund noted that Egyptian authorities have been accused of complicity for political reasons in the escalating sectarian crisis. Palestinian Christians have also been feeling the heat, although they their conditions remain much better than those of their brothers and sisters in Iraq and Egypt.

Last week, the Western-funded Palestinian Authority in the West Bank arrested a Christian journalist who reported about differences between Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and senior Fatah operative Mohammed Dahlan. The journalist, George Qanawati, manager of Radio Bethlehem 2000, was freed five days later. In the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip, the tiny Christian community is also living in fear following a spate of attacks by radical Islamic groups. The failure of the international community to pay enough attention to the dangers facing the Christians encouraged radical Muslims and corrupt dictatorships to step up their assaults on Christian individuals and institutions. When Muslim fanatics cannot kill Christian soldiers or civilians in the mountains of Afghanistan or on the streets of New York, they choose an easy prey: their Arab Christian neighbors.

The West, Islam and Sharia: Muslim Genocide of Christians Throughout Middle East

Forum List

Back