15 degrees in Alaska tonight!!! In August!!!

Yes sir. Look at all the money being invested in bringing obsolete fossil energy supply up to demand. All of the new coal plants. All of the new gas guzzlers coming out. All of the new oil wells being dried.

Rush's cult is winning big.

does this mean that the bears there will be headed south to the mainland sooner than expected for the winter? Oh wait, or was it the birds that head south ? I forgot.

Record cold temps in Alaska tonight are leaving the locals saying, "WTF is going on here?"

Deep Cold: Interior and Northern Alaska Weather & Climate: Record Cold in the Northern Interior

I'll tell them whats going on. The k00ks are losing.....again!!!!

I damn near split my sides laughing when I saw this posted up on the top of DRUDGE tonight.:banana::eusa_dance::banana:

Let us guess: just because it’s ‘cold’ in Alaska during the summer you believe that’s ‘proof’ there’s no GCC.

Because if ‘global warming’ were real, it would be ‘warmer’ everywhere, not colder.

Too funny.

AGWCult responds:

a. you fool! It's climate, it's only weather, er I mean it's weather, not climate

b. you fool! Our models PREDICTED that!

c. you fool! The oceans ate all the Global Warming

Last edited:
One has to feel very sorry for the Dittohead Nation. Coming at a science issue with no science, only politics.

Tough position to be in.

Hottest August in Salt Lake City ever and will be the hottest summer ever.

I have largely stayed out of such debate, and once claimed a "fence-sitter" attitude with regards to "climate change", AGW, Global Warming, etc.

My entire life has been financed by the production of liquid hydrocarbons. As was my father's life, and his father's life. My children's births, diapers, food, clothing, schooling... all paid for by receipts of sale from liquid hydrocarbons.

I've personally witnessed every Democrat President after Eisenhower (AND Nixon) attempt to dismantle my family's way of life. We fought through repression and suppression, "Windfall Profit" taxes, $8 oil, public resentment, ridicule, contempt, and outright vilification.

I am well versed in the science, technology, methodology, practices, and usage of hydrocarbons.

And I am sick and fucking tired of being the whipping boy.

Yet here I sit. On the fence.

Am I contributing to the destruction and degradation of earth's natural balance? Has my father done so? Did his father?

I think, no more so than anyone else on this planet who has ever lived and consumed.

And so I am committed to the continual production of a much needed and vital commodity that all of humanity so dearly needs to simply exist in today's world.

And for that I am proud. Of myself, my father, and his father.

Record cold temps in Alaska tonight are leaving the locals saying, "WTF is going on here?"

Deep Cold: Interior and Northern Alaska Weather & Climate: Record Cold in the Northern Interior

I damn near split my sides laughing when I saw this posted up on the top of DRUDGE tonight.

LOLOLOL......oh kookles, you are just so amazingly retarded....

Alaska has been blazing hot all summer, breaking all kinds of records, and now they're having some cooler weather finally and you take that as 'proof' that there is no warming trend.....so, so retarded....

Fish die as Alaska temperatures continue to break records
Reuters
By Yereth Rosen
Fri, Aug 2 2013
(excerpts)
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (Reuters) - Alaska's summer heat wave has been pleasant for humans but punitive for some of its fish. Overheated water has been blamed for large die-offs of hatchery trout and salmon stocks in at least two parts of the state as hot, dry weather has set in, according to the Alaska Department of Fish and Game. Hundreds of grayling and rainbow trout died in June after being placed in a Fairbanks lake, the department reported. A similar incident occurred in mid-July at the Crystal Lake Hatchery south of Petersburg in southeast Alaska. An estimated 1,100 hatchery king salmon died while returning to a lake to spawn, local public radio station KFSK reported. Fish and Game sport fish biologist Doug Fleming told the radio station that air temperatures were in the 80s at the time.

Record-breaking heat has also created elevated wildfire risks in Alaska, even in the normally rain-soaked Tongass National Forest in the state's southeastern panhandle. Wildfires have charred more than a million acres across Alaska, according to state and federal wildfire managers, more than the five-year season-total annual average of 952,113 acres. Some 75 active fires were still burning on Friday, with much of the fire season still to come. One blaze that has consumed 85,000 acres near Fairbanks has drawn congressional scrutiny. Numerous heat records have fallen this year around the state throughout the summer. Fairbanks on Thursday set a new record for the total number of summer days with temperatures at 80 degrees or above in that city - 31 straight to beat the previous mark of 30 days set in 2004, the National Weather Service said. Anchorage on Wednesday set a new benchmark for consecutive days with temperatures at 70 degrees or above, with a 14-day run that bested the previous record, set in 2004, by one day. Daily record temperatures have been set over the past week in Anchorage, Valdez, McGrath and King Salmon. Numerous other communities saw record highs earlier in the summer.

Last edited:

I damn near split my sides laughing when I saw this posted up on the top of DRUDGE tonight.

LOLOLOL......oh kookles, you are just so amazingly retarded....

Alaska has been blazing hot all summer, breaking all kinds of records, and now they're having some cooler weather finally and you take that as 'proof' that there is no warming trend.....so, so retarded....

Reuters
By Yereth Rosen
Fri, Aug 2 2013
(excerpts)
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (Reuters) - Alaska's summer heat wave has been pleasant for humans but punitive for some of its fish. Overheated water has been blamed for large die-offs of hatchery trout and salmon stocks in at least two parts of the state as hot, dry weather has set in, according to the Alaska Department of Fish and Game. Hundreds of grayling and rainbow trout died in June after being placed in a Fairbanks lake, the department reported. A similar incident occurred in mid-July at the Crystal Lake Hatchery south of Petersburg in southeast Alaska. An estimated 1,100 hatchery king salmon died while returning to a lake to spawn, local public radio station KFSK reported. Fish and Game sport fish biologist Doug Fleming told the radio station that air temperatures were in the 80s at the time.

Record-breaking heat has also created elevated wildfire risks in Alaska, even in the normally rain-soaked Tongass National Forest in the state's southeastern panhandle. Wildfires have charred more than a million acres across Alaska, according to state and federal wildfire managers, more than the five-year season-total annual average of 952,113 acres. Some 75 active fires were still burning on Friday, with much of the fire season still to come. One blaze that has consumed 85,000 acres near Fairbanks has drawn congressional scrutiny. Numerous heat records have fallen this year around the state throughout the summer. Fairbanks on Thursday set a new record for the total number of summer days with temperatures at 80 degrees or above in that city - 31 straight to beat the previous mark of 30 days set in 2004, the National Weather Service said. Anchorage on Wednesday set a new benchmark for consecutive days with temperatures at 70 degrees or above, with a 14-day run that bested the previous record, set in 2004, by one day. Daily record temperatures have been set over the past week in Anchorage, Valdez, McGrath and King Salmon. Numerous other communities saw record highs earlier in the summer.

So no new record highs, just new records of consecutive days above a certain temperature in cities.

Wouldn't that just be the UHI effect?

Reuters
By Yereth Rosen
Fri, Aug 2 2013
(excerpts)

So no new record highs, just new records of consecutive days above a certain temperature in cities.

Wouldn't that just be the UHI effect?

Jeez, ass-ism, if you're clueless and blind, and you so obviously are, and you don't know squat about it, why do you post? Why do you imagine your lazy uninformed speculations are worth anyone's time. Here's the reality of what was happening in Alaska earlier this summer....

Alaska sweating through brutal blast of heat
NBC News
By Sophia Rosenbaum, NBC News
25 Jun 2013
(excerpts)
Famed for its biting cold, Alaska is now sweating through a brutal heat wave that has gone from an oddball curiosity to a worrisome danger. Temperatures in the 90s -- an extreme rarity -- were preceded by a record-breaking cold snap. That caused rapid snow melts in parts of the state and localized flooding. Now, the above-normal heat has led to parts of Alaska to be placed under a red-flag warning for wildfires. The National Weather Service issued the warning, in effect until Wednesday, because of the dry, windy conditions that could cause wildfires.

The blast of heat started last week with temperatures in the mid-to-high 80s for most of Alaska. South-central Alaska had four all-time highs on June 17, with temperatures in Talkeetna reaching 94 degrees. In Fairbanks, the “near-record temperatures” are expected Wednesday and Thursday to clock in at 91 degrees. Temperatures above 90 are extremely rare in Alaska. Fairbanks has only experienced 90 or above 14 times since in 109 years. A large northward bulge in the jet stream is to blame, consensus shows. Some scientists tie the jet stream's odd behavior on climate change.

Forum List

Back