1400 Year, The Hatred Still Central

You must be learning from my posts, the ones you haunt.....you are close to correct.

Judaism posited an active God in the universe
Wow! Almost a compliment. I'll have to review my position.

I think you're rewriting history, yet again. Ancient Judaism was polytheistic just as was the Greek pantheon of gods. Both believed a god could be lobbied for favors in return for gifts and offerings. Judaism only became monotheistic much later the, following the Christian lead.

IMG_694120191022120137.jpg
The ancient Greeks and Romans were not Christian. Those are societies ours is built on. Christians certainly contributed greatly to our Western society but I think much of that was in spite of Christian dogma, not because of it.
Western civilization won because of bigger and better guns, no surprise because they were tired of getting beat by the Muslim Turks and the Mongolian horde...
A tad simplistic don't you think? Why did they end up with bigger and better guns? I'm sure the Muslim Turks and the Mongolian horde weren't tired of winning.
Why, they were able to steal technology from the Turks who had the largest guns and canons...From the Mongols they learned how to make calvary armies..
Everyone stole from everyone else. Why didn't the Turks learn how to make cavalry armies? Why didn't the Mongols learn to make large guns and canons? Why was it Europeans to colonize the New World?

The ancient Greeks and Romans were not Christian. Those are societies ours is built on. Christians certainly contributed greatly to our Western society but I think much of that was in spite of Christian dogma, not because of it.
Western civilization won because of bigger and better guns, no surprise because they were tired of getting beat by the Muslim Turks and the Mongolian horde...
A tad simplistic don't you think? Why did they end up with bigger and better guns? I'm sure the Muslim Turks and the Mongolian horde weren't tired of winning.
Why, they were able to steal technology from the Turks who had the largest guns and canons...From the Mongols they learned how to make calvary armies..
Everyone stole from everyone else. Why didn't the Turks learn how to make cavalry armies? Why didn't the Mongols learn to make large guns and canons? Why was it Europeans to colonize the New World?
I do believe the Europeans did not colonize the New World since there were already inhabitants there long before the Europeans stumbled upon a landmass looking for a trade route to India for a little paprika. In other words someone else colonized the area and the Europeans took over by force of arms, the christian way...

1.For Democrat voters, even those nominally Jewish, following the dictates of their party takes precedent over truth.....and survival.
This party had a 70 year love affair with communism…..no surprise it has added Islamofascism to the embrace.

a. “The extermination of the Jews of Medina represents the iconic moment in Islam, just as the Sermon on the Mount is the iconic moment of Christianity, or the parting of the Red Sea is for the Jews.” Edwin Black in his book, “ The Farhud: The Roots of the Arab-Nazi Alliance in the Holocaust.”

b. And this week:
“Malaysia’s prime minister, who said he is proud to be called anti-Semitic, is speaking at Columbia University”
https://www.jta.org/2019/09/24/united-states/malaysias-prime-minister-who-said-he-is-proud-to-be-called-anti-semitic-is-speaking-at-columbia-university

Nothing has changed, either for the Democrat Party or for Islam.

2. Indonesia is the world’s largest Muslim nation, and the boyhood home of America’s Muslim President.

There is the quote attributed to Aristotle….“Give me a child until he is 7 and I will show you the man.”
In no case it that more revealing than the life of Hussein Obama.

“…Obama's father was from Africa, and Obama has said his father was born a Muslim.
Obama lived in Indonesia with his mother and stepfather from 1967 to 1971, approximately from the ages of 6 to 10.

…Indonesia is a Muslim country, and Obama attended a public school there, ….substantiated evidence indicates Obama attended a public school that taught a small amount of mainstream Islam. The news reports say that Obama's registration form indicates his religion was Muslim,…”
Obama attended an Indonesian public school

What Hussein learned in Indonesian madrassas explains why Israel is the only nation Hussein spent US tax dollars to destabilize.

3. “I have been commanded to wage war against mankind till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, …and if they do it, their blood and property are guaranteed protection on my behalf ….”

Know whose quote that is?

Muhammad bin Abdullah (570-632)

4. In 610, Muhammad began telling the Meccan polytheists that he was a messenger from Allah, to a great deal of eye-rolling. Submit, he told them- Islam in Arabic- and they would be safe. But after 12 years of preaching he had only converted some one hundred, mostly his relatives, and the townsfolks felt that they were safe, already.

But by 622 they got tired of him, and threw him out.

But that was only the beginning.
Tsk, tsk. You're so full of hate. Very sad.

her mindless hatred is so intense that practically every day she comes on this board extolling comrades to "do something" about "evil liberals"

she is blood thirsty

and probably a russian troll

You neglected to include any links, or quotes.

Put a little effort into your fable.

I do believe the Europeans did not colonize the New World since there were already inhabitants there long before the Europeans stumbled upon a landmass looking for a trade route to India for a little paprika. In other words someone else colonized the area and the Europeans took over by force of arms, the christian way...
Europeans didn't discover the New World but millions moved there and that is what colonization is all about. Good luck finding any sq. inch of the planet that was not taken over by force of arms or numbers.

You must be learning from my posts, the ones you haunt.....you are close to correct.

I think you're rewriting history, yet again. Ancient Judaism was polytheistic just as was the Greek pantheon of gods. Both believed a god could be lobbied for favors in return for gifts and offerings. Judaism only became monotheistic much later the, following the Christian lead.

"Ancient Judaism was polytheistic..."

Now you get a failing grade....
...summer school again: Judaism has from its inception, monotheistic.

In Canaan they adopted the name of the Canaanites' supreme god, El, for a god Abraham experienced as uniquely transcendent and personal, to whom he entrusted himself and his family, worshipping that god exclusively as “God Most High.” Hence, Abraham is traditionally considered the first monotheist.
Religion: Judaism

Abraham | Facts & Significance | Britannica.com

https://www.britannica.com › biography › Abraham

So sad.....you've regressed to the mean.
Stick to menial labor....it's your forte.

Judaism only became monotheistic much later the, following the Christian lead.

Now you get a failing grade.....
Now you get a failing grade since you misquoted me AND you're wrong. The first Jews practiced monolatry. If they were monotheistic and they lost faith in God while wandering in the wilderness they would have become atheists. Only polytheists would think to turn to another god when their god failed them.

See:

Some historians have argued that ancient Israel originally practiced a form of monolatry or henotheism.[7] John Day suggests that angels are what became of the other gods once monotheism took over Israel.[8] John McKenzie has stated: "In the ancient Near East the existence of divine beings was universally accepted without questions. ... The question was not whether there is only one elohim, but whether there is any elohim like Yahweh."[9]

Some scholars claim the Torah (Pentateuch) shows evidence of monolatry in some passages. The argument is normally based on references to other gods, such as the "gods of the Egyptians" in the Book of Exodus (Exodus 12:12). The Egyptians are also attributed powers that suggest the existence of their gods; in Exodus 7:11–13, after Aaron transforms his staff into a snake, Pharaoh's sorcerers do likewise. In the ancient Near East, magic was generally believed to exist,[10] though the Israelites viewed magic as being malign in origin and were forbidden from it. With regard to miracle and prophecy, the Bible commands the Israelites not to follow false prophets (those who compromise the law) and to put them to death.[11] The miracles of false prophets are, like those of the Egyptian sorcerers, regarded by the Israelites as a divine test to see if the Israelites "love the LORD [their] God with all [their] heart and with all [their] soul".

The Ten Commandments have been interpreted by some as evidence that the Israelites originally practiced monolatry.[12] Exodus 20:3 reads "Thou shalt have no other gods before me", [13] and they argue that the addition of "before me" at the end of the commandment indicates that not only other gods may exist but that they may be respected and worshiped so long as less than Yahweh.

There is evidence that the Israelites before the Babylonian captivity in the 6th century BCE did not adhere to monotheism. Much of this evidence comes from the Bible itself, which records that many Israelites chose to worship foreign gods and idols rather than Yahweh.[14]

During the 8th century BCE, the monotheistic worship of Yahweh in Israel was in competition with many other cults, described by the Yahwist faction collectively as Baals. The oldest books of the Hebrew Bible reflect this competition, as in the books of Hosea and Nahum, whose authors lament the "apostasy" of the people of Israel and threaten them with the wrath of God if they do not give up their polytheistic cults.[15][16][17]

Now you get a failing grade since you misquoted me AND you're wrong. The first Jews practiced monolatry. If they were monotheistic and they lost faith in God while wandering in the wilderness they would have become atheists. Only polytheists would think to turn to another god when their god failed them.

See:

Some historians have argued that ancient Israel originally practiced a form of monolatry or henotheism.[7] John Day suggests that angels are what became of the other gods once monotheism took over Israel.[8] John McKenzie has stated: "In the ancient Near East the existence of divine beings was universally accepted without questions. ... The question was not whether there is only one elohim, but whether there is any elohim like Yahweh."[9]

Some scholars claim the Torah (Pentateuch) shows evidence of monolatry in some passages. The argument is normally based on references to other gods, such as the "gods of the Egyptians" in the Book of Exodus (Exodus 12:12). The Egyptians are also attributed powers that suggest the existence of their gods; in Exodus 7:11–13, after Aaron transforms his staff into a snake, Pharaoh's sorcerers do likewise. In the ancient Near East, magic was generally believed to exist,[10] though the Israelites viewed magic as being malign in origin and were forbidden from it. With regard to miracle and prophecy, the Bible commands the Israelites not to follow false prophets (those who compromise the law) and to put them to death.[11] The miracles of false prophets are, like those of the Egyptian sorcerers, regarded by the Israelites as a divine test to see if the Israelites "love the LORD [their] God with all [their] heart and with all [their] soul".

The Ten Commandments have been interpreted by some as evidence that the Israelites originally practiced monolatry.[12] Exodus 20:3 reads "Thou shalt have no other gods before me", [13] and they argue that the addition of "before me" at the end of the commandment indicates that not only other gods may exist but that they may be respected and worshiped so long as less than Yahweh.

There is evidence that the Israelites before the Babylonian captivity in the 6th century BCE did not adhere to monotheism. Much of this evidence comes from the Bible itself, which records that many Israelites chose to worship foreign gods and idols rather than Yahweh.[14]

During the 8th century BCE, the monotheistic worship of Yahweh in Israel was in competition with many other cults, described by the Yahwist faction collectively as Baals. The oldest books of the Hebrew Bible reflect this competition, as in the books of Hosea and Nahum, whose authors lament the "apostasy" of the people of Israel and threaten them with the wrath of God if they do not give up their polytheistic cults.[15][16][17]

youre one to complain about misquotes when you deliberately change the name on one persons comment to another persons name and pass it off as real,,,

See:

I'm never wrong.

This was your exact quote...hence....quotation marks:

See:

youre one to complain about misquotes when you deliberately change the name on one persons comment to another persons name and pass it off as real,,,

Link or lie.

See:

Link or lie.
or it was so long ago my history doesnt go back that far to find it,,,

but he knows exactly what I'm talking about,,,

See:

Link or lie.

So there is no such event, and you are self-proven to be just one more low-life lying Liberals.

You Libs have no way to refute any of my posts, and are reduced to this sort of lie.

Nothing new.

See:

Link or lie.

So there is no such event, and you are self-proven to be just one more low-life lying Liberals.

You Libs have no way to refute any of my posts, and are reduced to this sort of lie.

Nothing new.

I wasnt talking to you or about you,,,just the ignorant fuck you were talking to,,,

See:

Link or lie.

Nothing new.

I wasnt talking to you or about you,,,just the ignorant fuck you were talking to,,,

Try to post like an adult...sans vulgarity.

Link or lie.

Nothing new.

when you act like an adult I will post like one,,,

youve been warned of his actions what you do from here is on you,,,

See:

I'm never wrong.

This was your exact quote...hence....quotation marks:

My bad. Sorry.

Link or lie.

Nothing new.

It appeared you were posting that charge to me.

Be more circumspect in the future.

Some other dolt has nothing to do with me.

Nothing new.

It appeared you were posting that charge to me.

Be more circumspect in the future.

Some other dolt has nothing to do with me.
well I did respond to his comment not yours with a direct quote from him,,,,not sure what I can do beyond that,,,

The IMAM told you that Moses was a polytheist? Did he also tell you that the bible gets re-written every Tuesday and Thursday?

The IMAM told you that Moses was a polytheist? Did he also tell you that the bible gets re-written every Tuesday and Thursday?
Every living thing evolves and religions are no different. If you are born into a world filled with many gods it is a big leap to believe there is really only one. Which one? OTOH, it is a small step to the belief that one of the many gods has chosen your people to establish a covenant with you. You worship only him and he is your protector. This is called monolatry.
The first Jews practiced monolatry. If they were monotheistic and they lost faith in God while wandering in the wilderness they would have become atheists. Only polytheists would think to turn to another god when their god failed them.

See:

Forum List

Back