137 children removed from polygamist ranch

So you are going to overlook the obvious and stand on a point of law because YOU have decided there is no evidence. You do not KNOW the call was faked. You do not KNOW that any and all accusations are false. That is the point of the investigation.

You also don't get as much smoke as there is around this sect without a fire somehwere.

even if the call was faked, there are still underaged girls pregnant with god only knows whose babies... if the girls weren't sexually abused, how the hell did they get pregnant? Immaculate conception?

even if the call was faked, there are still underaged girls pregnant with god only knows whose babies... if the girls weren't sexually abused, how the hell did they get pregnant? Immaculate conception?

I really don't know what evidence is real and what is not. You DO have a point in regard to the "imamculate conception" thing.

I DO somewhat agree with RGS that the system is rather tyrannical in situations such as this, but IMO, it has to be weighed against the greater good; which, is the welfare of the children.

Law enforcement loses either way. And I am NO fan of law enforcement. However, they have a choice between being called heavy-handed, or later if worse abuses are uncovered they'll be called negligent.

In addition to the issue at hand, I'm going to toss in my opinion that I'm not so sure that living in a commune is in the best interest of the children anyway.

Other then the leader provide evidence any of the men at the ranch are sex offenders. Seems if that were true the State would be harping on it right off the bat. More lies from you.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,346959,00.html

"Still uncertain is the location of the girl whose call initiated the raid. Authorities were looking for documents, family photos or even a family Bible with lists of marriages and children to determine whether the girl was married to convicted sex offender Dale Barlow.<---Sect Member

Barlow was sentenced to jail last year after pleading no contest to conspiracy to commit sexual conduct with a minor. He was ordered to register as a sex offender for three years while he is on probation."

The male husband of the girl who called the police had been a convicted sex offender.....he was a sect member. PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT.:eusa_whistle:

I really don't know what evidence is real and what is not. You DO have a point in regard to the "imamculate conception" thing.

I DO somewhat agree with RGS that the system is rather tyrannical in situations such as this, but IMO, it has to be weighed against the greater good; which, is the welfare of the children.

Law enforcement loses either way. And I am NO fan of law enforcement. However, they have a choice between being called heavy-handed, or later if worse abuses are uncovered they'll be called negligent.

In addition to the issue at hand, I'm going to toss in my opinion that I'm not so sure that living in a commune is in the best interest of the children anyway.

You're right, not to mention that the wives of this sect are totally disconnected from reality. They have no clue what's going on around them, because they've been brainwashed to believe what the male members have to say, goes...., especially the leader. The treatment of infants really disturbs me. If you watch the interviews of the sect women, you can notice their disconnection from the real world. These people can do what they want, but when the children don't have a choice in the matter, that's what bothers me. They are brainwashed from infants on up to just believe that is the way it is and it's ok for a 50-year old man to marry a 16 year-old and have sex with her when he wants. And the girls have no say in it. Even the young boys get treated like crap, because they are competition for the older men who want younger wives. There has been several shows that interview young boys who were just sent off of compounds like this and left to die in the desert, or just dropped of in a city to survive.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,346959,00.html

"Still uncertain is the location of the girl whose call initiated the raid. Authorities were looking for documents, family photos or even a family Bible with lists of marriages and children to determine whether the girl was married to convicted sex offender Dale Barlow.<---Sect Member

Barlow was sentenced to jail last year after pleading no contest to conspiracy to commit sexual conduct with a minor. He was ordered to register as a sex offender for three years while he is on probation."

The male husband of the girl who called the police had been a convicted sex offender.....he was a sect member. PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT.:eusa_whistle:

No proof he is her husband but do go on about that, further no proof he has left Arizona in a year so I guess his dick is like , what a 1000 miles long?

This is an aside to the topic, but did anyone else besides me notice that when the mothers were being interviewed on television they all seemed to speak with abnormally high, almost whispery voices even though they were making a demand to have their children returned to them? It's as if they aimed to present themselves as weak and overly feminine.

Sure, some people are just naturally soft spoken but all of the women spoke that way. It sounded affected and that kind of creeped me out. It seems just another indication that women in this cult are made to be subservient to men.

I think they're all brainwashed... and that's why they sounded so creepy.

Ohh believe me I detest the religion. They are NOT Mormons at all. If you knew how the religion worked you would know that. BUT they are free in this country to practice their religion. Well they were until a fake call was made and a staged excuse was created to remove over 400 children because the State does not like the religion.

Read the articles. The rules are simple, these children are NOT nor were ever in imminent danger. And other then specific girls as yet unidentified that married illegally no children were "abused" either. These people are being tried for their religious beliefs. I would think THAT would enrage YOU Jillian.

Well, no, you are NOT free to practice your religion if that religion involves otherwise illegal acts. For instance, parents cannot deny children life saving medical treatments on the basis of religion. You cannot sacrifice animals. You cannot abuse children by today's standards of abuse. Probably a lot of other things our resident attorneys can attest to. All our freedoms have limits of some sort or another. Basically you freedom extends only so far as the next person's begins...and that goes for religion, too.

THE SUPREME COURT: Animal Sacrifice; Court, Citing Religious Freedom, Voids a Ban on Animal Sacrifices

By LINDA GREENHOUSE,
Published: June 12, 1993

The Supreme Court ruled today that a Florida city's ban on ritual animal sacrifice violated the religious freedom of the followers of an Afro-Cuban religion in which the sacrifice of animals plays a central role.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F0CE7DE1431F931A25755C0A965958260

I guess the next BIG raid will be on all those Muslims to take their children away cause they teach them to hate and murder.

Then we can move on to Wright's church and remove all those poor kids before they learn to hate.

There is so much work to be done once the precedent is set on raiding religious groups.

THE SUPREME COURT: Animal Sacrifice; Court, Citing Religious Freedom, Voids a Ban on Animal Sacrifices

By LINDA GREENHOUSE,
Published: June 12, 1993

The Supreme Court ruled today that a Florida city's ban on ritual animal sacrifice violated the religious freedom of the followers of an Afro-Cuban religion in which the sacrifice of animals plays a central role.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F0CE7DE1431F931A25755C0A965958260

Well, sacrificing a chicken isn't exactly the same as raping a litle girl, is it?

No proof he is her husband but do go on about that, further no proof he has left Arizona in a year so I guess his dick is like , what a 1000 miles long?

Ok, well you continue to make yourself look like an ass who doesn't know what he's talking about. And I'll keep helping.

First, it's "Prove that any sect members are sex offenders."

SO I DID.

Then you find the next retarded thing. I bet you're a member of one of these sexts. I mean sects. I hope they raid your compound.

Ok, well you continue to make yourself look like an ass who doesn't know what he's talking about. And I'll keep helping.

First, it's "Prove that any sect members are sex offenders."

SO I DID.

Then you find the next retarded thing. I bet you're a member of one of these sexts. I mean sects. I hope they raid your compound.

The man has not been IN Texas in over 5 years retard. So exactly how is it he had ANYTHING to do with raping, beating and making a baby in the last year? Yup must have a really long dick indeed.

The man has not been IN Texas in over 5 years retard. So exactly how is it he had ANYTHING to do with raping, beating and making a baby in the last year? Yup must have a really long dick indeed.

So first, you say to find proof that any of them are sex offenders. I have, and now you find something else to harp on. These guys are crooked and sexually driven. THey've found a way to beat the system by hiding it behind a mask of righteousness. There is plenty of evidence against members of this sect. You think they would mount the largest CPS raid in U.S. history simply on nothing??? There's evidence mounting everyday, and you're going to look like a dumbass when it all gets put out to dry. Why does the length of the man's manparts all you talk about??? You must be a member of a sect like this.

I think Brian makes a good point on the fundamentalists hiding behind religion to espouse their beliefs. Now if the FLDS was only engaging in polygamy and not involving underage girls in "activities" and keeping it within their compound, I'd say leave it alone. However, the state is also responsible for preserving the rights of individuals as they pertain to state statutes and national law.

I had a big problem with the ATF going into Waco in 93 when they torched all those children. Even though Koresh was a nutbag, the ATF should have waited that situation out.

The other instance of the FBI overstepping its bounds was Ruby Ridge in 92,imo. I know Weaver was a supremacist and I don't agree with any of their sordid beliefs BUT they are allowed assembly, as long as they do it peacefully, same as Wright. If the black, white supremacists want to spout their crap, hey go right ahead, it's free speech, loon speech, but nonetheless, free speech.

LordBrownTrout said:
Now if the FLDS was only engaging in polygamy and not involving underage girls in "activities" and keeping it within their compound, I'd say leave it alone.
Polygamy is against the law......or don't you believe people should obey the law?

I'd say the state disregarded its police duties far too long. Think of how many children would have been saved from this ugly way of life if they had acted much, much earlier.

Polygamy is against the law......or don't you believe people should obey the law?

I'd say the state disregarded its police duties far too long. Think of how many children would have been saved from this ugly way of life if they had acted much, much earlier.

I know what you're saying, SE, and I don't condone breaking the law or polygamy. But then again we have gay sex, sodomy, that is legal.

So first, you say to find proof that any of them are sex offenders. I have, and now you find something else to harp on. These guys are crooked and sexually driven. THey've found a way to beat the system by hiding it behind a mask of righteousness. There is plenty of evidence against members of this sect. You think they would mount the largest CPS raid in U.S. history simply on nothing??? There's evidence mounting everyday, and you're going to look like a dumbass when it all gets put out to dry. Why does the length of the man's manparts all you talk about??? You must be a member of a sect like this.

Yup keep this line going. The man could not have done what the caller claimed he did, plain and simple. BUT because he was convicted of a crime he must be guilty in THIS case to even though physically impossible to have been there and no "girl" has been found.

I guess we better start petitioning the State to take those kids away from Muslims that teach young children to kill non believers, even if we have no evidence they are doing so, I mean we DO have evidence Hamas does so. The Amish deny their children modern materials, we better rip those children away from them because they are denying them a future and forcing them to be brainwashed into believing that modern world is evil. The list is just endless, our government has its work cut out for it.

Forum List

Back