12th Man - 700,000 strong

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009

Mrs Star, a few friends and I were a little South of where this picture was taken but-----but the approximately 3 mile parade route looked pretty much the same from Seattle's landmark Space Needle to the Seahawks home at CenturyLink Field.
According to my car's thermometer it was 22° when we arrived about 9:00 AM, by the time we left around 3:00 PM my car's thermometer was showing it had warmed up to 32°.
Seattle's 12th Man are awww-some.

:cool:

Seattle Seahawks Decoded Peyton Manning’s hand signals

peyton-manning-signals.jpg

Richard Sherman of the Seattle Seahawks explained why they have contained Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning so effectively that they won the Super Bowl XLVIII very convincingly. Sherman said on MMQB.com that their defenders figured out the pattern of Manning’s signals to his receivers while watching tapes of Broncos games, and it payed off for them in 43-8 drubbing of the Broncos.

After the game Sherman said: “All we did was play situational football. We knew what route concepts they liked on different downs, so we jumped all the routes. Then we figured out the hand signals for a few of the route audibles in the first half.”

The Broncos are very efficient in offense during the regular season they have scored 606 points however, in the biggest game of the year Super Bowl XLVIII, they suffered a safety and four turnovers in the game, three of those are made by the league’s MVP Peyton Manning. The Seahawks’ strong defense and pass rush continually forced Manning to throw passes close to the line of scrimmage, and his receivers didn’t gain many yards after the catch.

“Me, Earl, Kam … we’re not just three All-Pro players. We’re three All-Pro minds. Now, if Peyton had thrown in some double moves, if he had gone out of character, we could’ve been exposed,” Sherman added.

Seattle Seahawks Decoded Peyton Manning?s hand signals | Football3650: National Football League

:cool:

Seattle Seahawks Decoded Peyton Manning’s hand signals

peyton-manning-signals.jpg

Richard Sherman of the Seattle Seahawks explained why they have contained Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning so effectively that they won the Super Bowl XLVIII very convincingly. Sherman said on MMQB.com that their defenders figured out the pattern of Manning’s signals to his receivers while watching tapes of Broncos games, and it payed off for them in 43-8 drubbing of the Broncos.

After the game Sherman said: “All we did was play situational football. We knew what route concepts they liked on different downs, so we jumped all the routes. Then we figured out the hand signals for a few of the route audibles in the first half.”

The Broncos are very efficient in offense during the regular season they have scored 606 points however, in the biggest game of the year Super Bowl XLVIII, they suffered a safety and four turnovers in the game, three of those are made by the league’s MVP Peyton Manning. The Seahawks’ strong defense and pass rush continually forced Manning to throw passes close to the line of scrimmage, and his receivers didn’t gain many yards after the catch.

“Me, Earl, Kam … we’re not just three All-Pro players. We’re three All-Pro minds. Now, if Peyton had thrown in some double moves, if he had gone out of character, we could’ve been exposed,” Sherman added.

Seattle Seahawks Decoded Peyton Manning?s hand signals | Football3650: National Football League

Not only were the Seahawks bigger, stronger and faster but-----but you're right the Seahawks are smarter too.

Oh... I thought this was a discussion about the REAL, the ORIGINAL, 12th Man...

Nope. You thought wrong.

You must be refering to the school that sold out the original 12th man.

Take it up with them.

When you buy a car ..it's YOUR car...NOT the guy that USED to own it.

Something about ... money talks...bullshit walks... :lol:

Nope. You thought wrong.

Take it up with them.

True, but you have to admit, getting $100,000.00 in the lawsuit, making them pay $5,000.00 a year to use, it along with the limitations imposed on it's use by The Aggies is amusing...

And just wait until it's time to renew that 5 year agreement, I'd be willing to bet that $5,000.00 per year doubles, at least...

Nope. You thought wrong.

Take it up with them.

True, but you have to admit, getting $100,000.00 in the lawsuit, making them pay $5,000.00 a year to use, it along with the limitations imposed on it's use by The Aggies is amusing...

And just wait until it's time to renew that 5 year agreement, I'd be willing to bet that $5,000.00 per year doubles, at least...

I don't want to speculate on your personal worth but .... to Paul Allen, worth some 15 plus billion dollars, 10 K a year is almost less than nothing.

Personally I think Allen's net worth is a lot higher than reported in the media. He owns via Vulcan Inc. a huge portion of downtown Seattle... much of which is constantly being developed into massive new buildings...condos...apartments...buisness office space.. retail space.. owns several huge properties thruout the West Coast...Hawaii.. San Juans North of Seattle.. He donates a lot of money to various charities. I could go on and on but I won't. He enjoys owning the Seahawks. He likes being the leader of the 12th man. He is single so he doesn't have a bat shit crazy wife that will sell off/out the team and the rights to the 12th man when he passes.

"Apparently there are more Seahawks fans in Seattle than actual people. A reported 700,000 fans have showed up to watch the team's Super Bowl victory parade Wednesday, which is greater than Seattle's estimated population of a 634,000 people.

That's a sizable crowd, even compared to previous Super Bowl parades. Baltimore turned out a relatively paltry 200,000 people to watch the Ravens' parade last year. Prior to that, the New York Giants produced a crowd between estimated between 500,000 and 1 million fans, albeit in a city with a population of 8.3 million people."

Seahawks Super Bowl parade: Crowd estimated at 700,000, larger than Seattle population - SBNation.com

Moi?... I had a doctors appointment at 11 AM ..the starting time for the parade. I don't think the event missed my presence. :lol:

Meh, I remember in the 80's and the nineties there wasn't a Seahawk fan to be found. Bandwagon fandom at it's finest.

3-seahawks-fans-meme.jpg

Meh, I remember in the 80's and the nineties there wasn't a Seahawk fan to be found. Bandwagon fandom at it's finest.

3-seahawks-fans-meme.jpg

I used to drive the 400 mile round trip to Cheney Wa where the Hawks would hold their training camp. Some of the locals from Spokane and their kids would be there but hardly anyone from the Seattle area. For a time the Hawks used a Bible College in Kirkland for their home base..similar to the purpose the VMack in Renton serves today. At that facility I never saw any people except the wives, kids and girlfreinds of the Hawks hanging out.
There was a hill next to the college parking lot adjacent to the practice field that we sat on that had a perfect view of the scrimmages. On the opposite end of the practice area is where they held the recievers practice. There was something that looked like a pole vault pit filled with chuncks of foam right next to the fence surrounding the practice area you could press your face against and watch the recievers up close and persoinal. It was great fun watching players like Steve Largent dive into the pit all layed out and snag footballs with his fingertips. You could say "Nice catch Steve" and he would turn his head and give you a wink.

I'm not saying I'm the original fan..that is impossible to know but I don't begrudge anyone jumping on the bandwagon. I'm just thrilled that so many people have taken notice.

The Twelfth Man is a Texan.

"The tradition of the Twelfth Man was born on the second of January 1922, when an underdog Aggie team was playing Centre College, then the nation's top ranked team."

Aggie Traditions - Twelfth Man

Was Seattle even a city in 1922?

Chuckle....

The Twelfth Man is a Texan.

"The tradition of the Twelfth Man was born on the second of January 1922, when an underdog Aggie team was playing Centre College, then the nation's top ranked team."

Aggie Traditions - Twelfth Man

Was Seattle even a city in 1922?

Chuckle....

I have NEVER called myself a "12th man". I was a solid part of the Seattle fanbase long before this 12th man thing came about. I can't even remember when it got rolling in Seattle.. Don't care either. Anyone that considers themself a "12th man" was definitely not an original Seahawk fan.

Was that lovely photo taken before or after the "12th man" caused $25,000 in damage to the pergola?

140204_pergola_damage_lg.jpg

People do stupid things in Pioneer's Square all the time. It is a hangout for drug dealers, pimps, prostitutes, homeless, ...generally a place where losers congregate. There are frequently shootings and stabbings in that immediate vicinity that are a bit more troubling than a few panes of glass. The little bit of damage which was practically ALL of the damage coincidental to the Seahawk Superbowl win is not in the local news as it was not til it was reported that the cost of repairing the fixture at the location in question was donated by private sources and what is being proposed to do with the several thousand dollars in excess. As it turns out the actual damage was around $12,000. The media..as usual..was hyperventilating about what really happened.

PS.. ??? what's with YOURS and other's hard on for Seattle Seahawks fans ?? As a resident I see nothing outrageous about the celebration for winning a Lombardi. We have been waiting a very long time for this achievement. You may as well get used to it.. I smell a repeat and a three-peat in the very near future.

Last edited:

Nope. You thought wrong.

Take it up with them.

No...you're just renting.

Nope. You thought wrong.

Take it up with them.

No...you're just renting.

I'm not involved. Why don't you shoot a memo to Paul Allen?

Was that lovely photo taken before or after the "12th man" caused $25,000 in damage to the pergola?

Wait ...what!! I was told it was just a few burned mattresses.
Who the hell told me that..?

Sluggy,buggy,druggey ...it'll come to me hold up.

I mentioned both occurances. Don't care about either..mentioned that also.

People do stupid things in Pioneer's Square all the time. It is a hangout for drug dealers, pimps, prostitutes, homeless, ...generally a place where losers congregate. There are frequently shootings and stabbings in that immediate vicinity that are a bit more troubling than a few panes of glass. The little bit of damage which was practically ALL of the damage coincidental to the Seahawk Superbowl win is not in the local news as it was not til it was reported that the cost of repairing the fixture at the location in question was donated by private sources and what is being proposed to do with the several thousand dollars in excess. As it turns out the actual damage was around $12,000. The media..as usual..was hyperventilating about what really happened.

PS.. ??? what's with YOURS and other's hard on for Seattle Seahawks fans ?? As a resident I see nothing outrageous about the celebration for winning a Lombardi. We have been waiting a very long time for this achievement. You may as well get used to it.. I smell a repeat and a three-peat in the very near future.

I just enjoy busting your chops Huggy. :lol:

Good luck next year. I'll be here to bust your balls when the re-peat becomes a de-feat. :clap2:

I just enjoy busting your chops Huggy. :lol:

Good luck next year. I'll be here to bust your balls when the re-peat becomes a de-feat. :clap2:

I know. I guess I'LL just have to get used to it :lol: .... cuz we gonna get at least two more Lombardis in the next four years.

How do I know ? Good question..

Russell Wilson promised that he was gonna be the best QB EVVAAAHHH......

So far he has kept his word. I think he had Chinese food once and it was in his fortune cookie. :lol:

He's already made me a believer. I have no reason to question him.

I certainly hope somebody, Maybe Crabtree, tells Richard Sherman he can't repeat. :lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back