12 Things We Wish Could Be Shared Over Email

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Wouldn't it be amazing to have whatever you wanted, when you wanted it, right in your inbox? Thought so! With the new Outlook.com, you can share just about anything—hundreds of photos, videos, even large files—in a single email without having to worry about file size limits. While your toes might not be in the sand just yet, for now we can still dream about this stuff being shared with us ridiculously easily,
See them @ 12 Things We Wish Could Be Shared Over Email

Email providers are being shutdown because they will not give up your constitutional rights. Both Lavabit and Silent mail have shutdown for now. The NSA is ordering email providers to give up your encrypted emails or install backdoors into their networks and telling them they cannot warn you they are doing so. We are going back to the stone ages in technology because of this. Estimated $35 billion loss to the economy...
:mad:
Email Encryption Services Shutting Down To Avoid Forced Compliance With Government Demands
August 12, 2013 > Last week, the email provider reportedly used by National Security Agency whistle-blower Edward Snowden was shut down. The owner cited an ongoing court battle that couldn’t be discussed.
Lavabit, a company specializing in high-security email, launched in 2004. The company provided users advanced email encryption designed to thwart the very kind of government snooping that Snowden revealed. According to reports, Snowden used a Lavabit email address to invite people to a press conference at Sheremetyevo Airport in Moscow in July after fleeing the United States to avoid government retaliation for his leaks. In announcing that he would be shuttering the service, Lavabit owner Ladar Levison posted the following message on the company’s website:

157075354-300x300.jpg

My Fellow Users,

I have been forced to make a difficult decision: to become complicit in crimes against the American people or walk away from nearly ten years of hard work by shutting down Lavabit. After significant soul searching, I have decided to suspend operations. I wish that I could legally share with you the events that led to my decision. I cannot. I feel you deserve to know what’s going on–the first amendment is supposed to guarantee me the freedom to speak out in situations like this. Unfortunately, Congress has passed laws that say otherwise. As things currently stand, I cannot share my experiences over the last six weeks, even though I have twice made the appropriate requests.

What’s going to happen now? We’ve already started preparing the paperwork needed to continue to fight for the Constitution in the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. A favorable decision would allow me resurrect Lavabit as an American company.

This experience has taught me one very important lesson: without congressional action or a strong judicial precedent, I would strongly recommend against anyone trusting their private data to a company with physical ties to the United States.

Sincerely,
Ladar Levison
Owner and Operator, Lavabit LLC

MORE

Forum List

Back