12 people dead, in insane quest to climb Mt. Everest.

52ndStreet

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
I just heard that 12 peoplle have now died in a so called death zone on Mt. Everest. My question to you all is what is driving this insane urge to climb this 29,000 feet high mountain.?!.People pay a $ 11,000 fee to the Nepalise government, and now we have a line of people on the worlds tallest mountain in this so called death zone Where there is not enough oxygen for humans to survive. What is driving this insane urge to climb this rock?. Vanity, Ego, ?? What drives people to risk their lives to climb Mt. Everest?!?!!. Your thoughts.

I just heard that 12 peoplle have now died in a so called death zone on Mt. Everest. My question to you all is what is driving this insane urge to climb this 29,000 feet high mountain.?!.People pay a $ 11,000 fee to the Nepalise government, and now we have a line of people on the worlds tallest mountain in this so called death zone Where there is not enough oxygen for humans to survive. What is driving this insane urge to climb this rock?. Vanity, Ego, ?? What drives people to risk their lives to climb Mt. Everest?!?!!. Your thoughts.
They are doing it without oxygen tanks....I wonder if they dove in the ocean to see if they could survive not breathing under water before hiking up dat mountain?

Pure ego drives these people. They want to post the ultimate selfie beating their chest at the Summit and are willing to die for it. It's a new version of the Darwin awards.

You are asking the question why do people do dumb risky things.

People inherently have a part of their soul they are missing. They try and fill it with things they think will complete their lives, and make them happy. Some fill it with strip clubs, and sex. Others fill it with wealth, or power, or fame. And some fill it with adventure seeking.

Pure ego drives these people. They want to post the ultimate selfie beating their chest at the Summit and are willing to die for it. It's a new version of the Darwin awards.

You say Ego. Capitalist Ego.
The Capitalists are the Sherpas who are willing to risk their lives to greatly increase their income over what they would otherwise be able to earn.

Liberals.

You say Liberals and the Democrats are responsible?!. How so?.
I posted one word and then you take it to a new imaginary meaning.

Why did yo say "Liberals". Some one else said "Ego"
Because they are stupid.
So you feel , a majority of these people dying on Mt. Everest are Liberals, who want the freedom to climb Mt.Everest.?, and are mentally deficient.?

Liberals.

Because they are stupid.
So you feel , a majority of these people dying on Mt. Everest are Liberals, who want the freedom to climb Mt.Everest.?, and are mentally deficient.?
No, no, it's perfectly normal to want to climb Everest and die. Nothing wrong with that.

Because they are stupid.
No, no, it's perfectly normal to want to climb Everest and die. Nothing wrong with that.

Why no poor inner city blacks dying on top of Mt. Everest with these white liberals?Whats the explanation for that fact.?

Get some investors together and build an escalator that takes people to the top of Mount Everest. Problem solved.

They could build a gift shop, concession stand and an observation deck. And perhaps even some high dollar hotel suites to make a yuge profit.

Because they are stupid.

Why no poor inner city blacks dying on top of Mt. Everest with these white liberals?Whats the explanation for that fact.?

My question still remains, why no poor inner city blacks or hispanics in the death zone?!

Forum List

Back