Electric cigarretes?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Your Cuddly Choco Bear
I smoke myself but drink only very small amounts and it is very rare that I drink at all. But I smoke like a chain. It is unhealthy and maybe I will switch to a electric cigarette. Does anyone know if electric cigarettes are really better for your health? They are rather new and probably not truly tested yet.

Honestly, why do you care? You suck down burning sticks of death one after another now. You are clearly not interested in your health.

I vape and have been vaping for years. I used to be a heavy smoker. More than two packs a day.
If you use a vape that lets you add the juice yourself you can control the strength of the nicotine. The prefilled ones usually contain a moderate 18mg. I started out with 36 mg and gradually cut down. Now I use juice with no nicotine at all. I've been nic free for at least five years. The process was absolutely painless with no withdrawal symptoms at all. I can't imagine smoking now. I vape but it's more like chewing gum than smoking.

If you are going to vape as a way to stop smoking make sure you start out with a juice with a high enough nicotine content to be satisfying. Cut down from there.

I vape and have been vaping for years. I used to be a heavy smoker. More than two packs a day.
If you use a vape that lets you add the juice yourself you can control the strength of the nicotine. The prefilled ones usually contain a moderate 18mg. I started out with 36 mg and gradually cut down. Now I use juice with no nicotine at all. I've been nic free for at least five years. The process was absolutely painless with no withdrawal symptoms at all. I can't imagine smoking now. I vape but it's more like chewing gum than smoking.

If you are going to vape as a way to stop smoking make sure you start out with a juice with a high enough nicotine content to be satisfying. Cut down from there.
I vape now since today but on my cigarette I think I can't control the nicotine but I vape liquids with green apple flavor it has nicotine but at least not the other toxics tobacco cigarettes have

I vape now since today but on my cigarette I think I can't control the nicotine but I vape liquids with green apple flavor it has nicotine but at least not the other toxics tobacco cigarettes have

Check the nicotine content of the juice. If you are using a Jul or Blu or similar prefilled vape, no you can't control the nicotine content. Get a decent kit and fill your own.

I smoke myself but drink only very small amounts and it is very rare that I drink at all. But I smoke like a chain. It is unhealthy and maybe I will switch to a electric cigarette. Does anyone know if electric cigarettes are really better for your health? They are rather new and probably not truly tested yet.

There's actually quite a lot of research already done, and more coming. The trick - as with so many things - is to research the research, and make sure the conclusions are valid, and not being spun for an agenda.

I will say that, generally speaking, just about anything's going to be an improvement over sucking tobacco smoke into your lungs.

Also, there are a lot of different things that come under the heading of "e-cigarette". What, exactly, were you looking into?

I heard they contain massive amounts of nicotine. One smoke has as much nicotine as a whole packet of cigarettes.

Actually, you can decide for yourself how much nicotine content there is when it comes to e-cigarettes, whereas real cigarettes not only don't give you a choice, they don't really tell you anything about it at all.

Also, nicotine is not what's physically harmful about smoking. It's what gets you addicted, so that OTHER things can kill you.

I vape as well, and I wouldn't touch the premixed stuff on a bet. I get every bottle of juice specially mixed for me according to my nicotine preferences, flavor combinations, and amount of PG content (which is none; I hate that crap). I know the people in the store I frequent personally, and I know exactly what is and isn't in my juice.

I vape as well, and I wouldn't touch the premixed stuff on a bet. I get every bottle of juice specially mixed for me according to my nicotine preferences, flavor combinations, and amount of PG content (which is none; I hate that crap). I know the people in the store I frequent personally, and I know exactly what is and isn't in my juice.
People who intend to vape would do well to find a good vape shop and trust recommendations. No matter how floppy the puppy behind the counter is.

People who intend to vape would do well to find a good vape shop and trust recommendations. No matter how floppy the puppy behind the counter is.

Agreed. I spent several months after moving to Phoenix combing the city for a good shop, while mail-ordering from my old shop in Tucson. First thing to look for is whether they custom-mix on site. Second is how willing they are to talk to you about their ingredients and process, and how knowledgeable they are about it.

There's actually quite a lot of research already done, and more coming. The trick - as with so many things - is to research the research, and make sure the conclusions are valid, and not being spun for an agenda.

I will say that, generally speaking, just about anything's going to be an improvement over sucking tobacco smoke into your lungs.

Also, there are a lot of different things that come under the heading of "e-cigarette". What, exactly, were you looking into?

I have a myblu. With prefilled liquids. Green apple flavour. I was in tobacco shop and asked for a recommendation. Something which is handy (easy to use) and good quality. He said myblu is handy and good quality. The prefilled liquid contains 9mg/ml of Nicotin. Is that much? I tried it today and it had a good flavour and I liked it.

myblu_intense_bundle.jpg

I have a myblu. With prefilled liquids. Green apple flavour. I was in tobacco shop and asked for a recommendation. Something which is handy (easy to use) and good quality. He said myblu is handy and good quality. The prefilled liquid contains 9mg/ml of Nicotin. Is that much? I tried it today and it had a good flavour and I liked it.

I don't know much about the small pre-filled ones, since I don't use them myself. I can certainly ask my vape people about it.

9 isn't high at all. As I understand it, a typical cigarette runs around 18, although manufacturers can and have artificially boosted it far beyond that, and you'd have no way to tell.

9mg of nicotine will still leave you craving cigarettes. At the usual 18mg in prefilled ecigs will keep you at the level of use as if you were smoking cigs. If you were a chain smoker you will still be a chain smoker. I started out at 26mg juice. That left me not wanting a cig all the time. Then I started cutting down. I would get two bottles of juice one 26mg and the othet 24mg. I'd alternate the fills. Next time get a 24mg and a 22 mg. I kept taking it down. It's been more than 5 years since I last used nicotine in any form. Easy. Completely painless.

9mg of nicotine will still leave you craving cigarettes. At the usual 18mg in prefilled ecigs will keep you at the level of use as if you were smoking cigs. If you were a chain smoker you will still be a chain smoker. I started out at 26mg juice. That left me not wanting a cig all the time. Then I started cutting down. I would get two bottles of juice one 26mg and the othet 24mg. I'd alternate the fills. Next time get a 24mg and a 22 mg. I kept taking it down. It's been more than 5 years since I last used nicotine in any form. Easy. Completely painless.

That part I don't know much about, since I'm one of the anomalous vapers who was not previously a smoker. Your plan sounds sensible . . . unless he uses the 9 mg he's already got and is satisfied with it, in which case, SCORE!

I tried 8 when I first started vaping, and it gave me a headache. 3 basically leaves me doing the equivalent of chain-smoking all day. So here I am at 6.

If 9mg is working for him he would have given up cigs by now.

It was one of my employees that got me started. He had this thing that I had never seen before. I tried his. That was my last cigarette. I immediately got my own kit and never looked back. That's the most important thing. Once starting to vape a smoker no longer has the desire to smoke. There's no yellow residue. No smell. No cough. No tearing your hair out. For me it worked like magic.

It was one of my employees that got me started. He had this thing that I had never seen before. I tried his. That was my last cigarette. I immediately got my own kit and never looked back. That's the most important thing. Once starting to vape a smoker no longer has the desire to smoke. There's no yellow residue. No smell. No cough. No tearing your hair out. For me it worked like magic.

It is my first day. And there are other liquids available "tabaccoo" and "tabaccoo strong" I bought green apple but I think the tabaccoo strong probably has more nicotine.

It is my first day. And there are other liquids available "tabaccoo" and "tabaccoo strong" I bought green apple but I think the tabaccoo strong probably has more nicotine.
Just look at the nicotine content.

---------------------------------------- probably better than smoking but thats a guess . And i like them ok but only for about a 2 week test to see what they are like Mort .

Forum List

Back