100,000 people shot in the US per year! Good guy saving lives?

100,000 people are shot in the USA every year!

How many were shot by a good guy with a gun saving lives?

The only good guys / hero's are the the people saving more & more lives of gunshot victims thereby reducing the murder rate. Gee I wonder why medical cost keep rising?
I guess the dead 2 year old in Philadelphia doesn't care

The 1,500,000 Americans who used their guns to stop violent criminals care....

Number of Fucks Given:

:dance:

Sorry, commies. None of this shit matters. Freedom has a cost. If your goose-stepping asses don't like it, GET THE FUCK OUT!!!

:dunno:

Sounds like a Saturday in Chicago.
More Fake Trump / Fox News! - Chicago doesn't even rank in the top 15 large cities gun murder per capita.

The ignorance of the white rubes is hilarious.
Just keep spewing Chicago.

I think Memphis is the leader plus other confederate citiEs
They do have foul mouths though.
Can't communicate w/o a fuxx
Must go down well with the rube women

Moron.....it looks like Memphis has had democrat mayors going back as far as 1968...and those are only the ones that are easy to find the political affiliation.....dittos New Orleans, and Baton Rouge, and Chicago, Baltimore and D.C...the cities driving the gun murder rate....

List of mayors of Memphis, Tennessee - Wikipedia

Better check your numbers, unless you rely on Facebook for your news.
The first is data for deaths by guns, which is included in an annual report about deaths of all types during calendar year 2009. The numbers for gun deaths is broken down into several categories:

Suicide: 18,735 deaths
Homicide: 11,493 deaths
Unintentional: 554 deaths
Legal interventions: 333 deaths
Undetermined: 232 deaths

Total: 31,347 deaths

The second data set tracks non-fatal injuries by guns. According to the CDC, there were 73,505 non-fatal firearm injuries in 2010. (We will ignore an additional 13,851 non-fatal injuries from BB or pellet guns.)

How accurate is the Facebook post?

If you add together the gun deaths and the non-fatal gun injuries, you get 104,852 people shot in a year. That’s very close to the 1000,000 the Facebook post said.
------------------------------------------------------------ so 18 thousand suiciders , they don't count as they'll just kill themselves in a different fashion . Legal interventions are also cool and don't count and non fatal doesn't count either . All in ALL thats pretty good for a country of 330 million of all sorts in the USA . How many die yearly traveling Americas highways and byways Kiss .

Non fatal doesn't count? Imagine the medical bills. How many cripples created?
------------------------------------------------ such is life , pay the bill if you shoot yourself or your kid or other in a gun accident Brian .

Plenty of crime victims being shot too. Big strain on our health system.

And the Americans who use their guns 1,500,000 times a year to stop violent criminals save a lot more money for our healthcare system....because they aren't put in the hospital by violent criminals....

Killing people is not the only use for an AR style rifle. I used one for several years hunting coyote.

Well, for the sake of coyotes AND those babies at Sandy Hook, shove those ARs where the sun never shines.

And the 26 people whose lives were saved by an AR-15 civilian rifle at the Texas church...and however many were saved when that AR-15 rifle stopped the attacker....dead.....long before the police arrived.....

You mean except for all those people...right?

The AR-15 is the most popular civilian self defense rifle...it is not and has never been a military rifle....

Give it a rest, penis-extension-boy....

“Our father, Eugene Stoner, designed the AR-15 and subsequent M-16 as a military weapon to give our soldiers an advantage over the AK-47,” the Stoner family told NBC News. ...

AR-15 Inventor's Family: This Was Meant to Be a Military Weapon

The AR-15 civilian rifle has never been used in a war......the military rifle, the M-16 and M-4 are military weapons...and by the way...the 2nd Amendment protects those rifles in particular....

This is an actual military weapon...

upload_2017-11-10_20-18-55.png

this is and actual military weapon....

upload_2017-11-10_20-19-18.png

And the 26 people whose lives were saved by an AR-15 civilian rifle at the Texas church...and however many were saved when that AR-15 rifle stopped the attacker....dead.....long before the police arrived.....

(CNN) Devin Patrick Kelley, the gunman who killed 26 people at a Texas Baptist church, suffered three gunshot wounds, including a self-inflicted shot to the head,

Firearm—In 2008, 31,593 persons died from firearm injuries in the United States (Tables 18 and 19), accounting for 17.4 percent of all injury deaths that year. The two major component causes of all firearm injury deaths in 2008 were suicide at 57.7 percent and homicide at 38.5 percent. Even though the year-to-year observed difference in age-adjusted death rate for firearm injury (all intents) was not statistically significant, notable changes took place in firearm mortality according to intent: The age-adjusted death rate for firearm suicide increased by 3.6 percent from 2007, while the death rate for firearm homicide decreased by 4.8 percent in 2008 from 2007.

Yeah...suicides do not count.....Japan, Korea, China...all have absolute gun control...and higher suicide rates than the U.S....as do all these European countries with extreme gun control...

Main tables - Eurostat

May, 2014

France....14.13

Finland...14.55

Poland....15.51

Belgium....17.28

Austria....15.26

(CNN) Devin Patrick Kelley, the gunman who killed 26 people at a Texas Baptist church, suffered three gunshot wounds, including a self-inflicted shot to the head,

At the end......he was stopped from murdering the 26 wounded survivors when the NRA instructor with the AR-15 civilian rifle shot him twice......he then drove off, and as the NRA instructor was about to capture him using his AR-15 civilian rifle, he committed suicide.....then....a long time after that, the police finally arrived...

100,000 people are shot in the USA every year!

How many were shot by a good guy with a gun saving lives?

The only good guys / hero's are the the people saving more & more lives of gunshot victims thereby reducing the murder rate. Gee I wonder why medical cost keep rising?
----------------------------------------------- you better check your numbers but that being said , heck , lots of criminals that DESERVE to be shot are shot by cops or homeowners and others KISS .
It's on you to prove the numbers wrong. Yeah a whopping 333 criminals shot a year.

Because criminals tend to be cowards, and will surrender or run away when confronted by a citizen with a gun.

And even the FBI has said that an estimated 100,000 crimes are stopped or prevented by civilians with firearms. Other sources estimate that number to much, much higher.

And we have much higher crime rates than countries with good gun control.

No....London is now more violent than New York city and as our gun crime rate has gone down their gun crime rate is going through the roof....

NO ONE is calling for the banning of ALL guns....our country is too invested in the macho image......BUT, sane folks SHOULD call for the banning of military-style, assault weapons with extensive ammo clips whose ONLY purpose is to kill as many people as possible in the shortest number of minutes.....

All that you gun nuts are doing is FACILITATING murderous wackos' jobs for them.

Killing people is not the only use for an AR style rifle. I used one for several years hunting coyote.
They sure are effective killing many really fast.

Not as effective as a rental truck....

life is hard , life is unfair and has been that way for all of recorded human history Gentlemen .

And people don't need to be shot regularly. Not a problem with gun control.

Unless you live in a country with gun control...like Mexico...or Russia.....or Britain, and Australia where their gun crime is going up...after they banned guns...

lefty dems want to be able to tell Americans the types of guns that Americans can own , see England and the Aussies to see what lefty dems want done in the USA .
I don't see lots off mass killing in England or Australia. Cops aren't killed regularly either.

You didn't see a lot of mass killlings before they banned guns....and their gun laws haven't stopped the mass killings after the gun ban....Britain averaged one mass shooting every 10 years....and that has continued after the ban...Australia has been lucky, their criminals with guns haven't killed enough people in their public shootings to count as mass public shootings....

Mine was effective in killing coyotes, and allowed for a second shot if more than one came to my call.

But, someone offered me a price I couldn't refuse, so I sold it. Made a nice little profit, especially considering the enjoyment I got while I owned it.
Can hunt coyotes with a bolt action. Lot harder to kill many people really fast with however.

That is what I do now. But it is almost impossible to get the second or third coyote that responded to the call. They get to go on and continue to eradicate ground nesting birds, red fox, and to kill & eat pets & young livestock.

And just to be clear, my AR was set up for shooting accurately at distances. It was long, relatively heavy, cumbersome to carry, and terrible at close range.
I'll trade nesting birds for dead children any day.

Tell that to the criminals who murder children...I am sure they will change their ways after talking to you....

lefty dems want to be able to tell Americans the types of guns that Americans can own , see England and the Aussies to see what lefty dems want done in the USA .
I don't see lots off mass killing in England or Australia. Cops aren't killed regularly either.
----------------------------------------------- yeah but the wankers have been disarmed and are all 'subjects' Brian .

Beats being dead. They all seem quite free to me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- your type likes the nanny state and Big Brother Brian .

My type doesn't like innocent people being gunned down regularly.

Neither do ours......that is why we carry guns...like the guy in Texas who used his rifle to stop the mass killing at the church....saving, at a minimum, 26 lives.....and likely more if the guy had been allowed to leave, un shot.....

Mine was effective in killing coyotes, and allowed for a second shot if more than one came to my call.

But, someone offered me a price I couldn't refuse, so I sold it. Made a nice little profit, especially considering the enjoyment I got while I owned it.
Can hunt coyotes with a bolt action. Lot harder to kill many people really fast with however.

That is what I do now. But it is almost impossible to get the second or third coyote that responded to the call. They get to go on and continue to eradicate ground nesting birds, red fox, and to kill & eat pets & young livestock.

And just to be clear, my AR was set up for shooting accurately at distances. It was long, relatively heavy, cumbersome to carry, and terrible at close range.

As would anyone. But banning semi-auto rifles does not guarantee no more mass shootings.

A decent quality AR runs about $1,000. More if you specialize it in any way.
YOu can buy a black powder revolver for $269 at Cabela's. That is 18 rounds without reloading, and gives you backup if someone manages to knock one out of your hand. And with a spare cylinder for each, you could carry 36 shots with ease. And, if I am not mistaken, they do not require background checks when purchased.
No guarantees true. But look at Vegas an orlando. Way too much firepower. Machine guns are heavily regulated and so should
Semi auto rifles with high capacity magazines.

I'm glad you are in this convo btw, if not for you it would be all crazy..

And you know that a rental truck murdered more people than the shooters in those shootings....and you also know that magazines have no bearing on how many are murdered.....

----------------------------------------------- yeah but the wankers have been disarmed and are all 'subjects' Brian .

Beats being dead. They all seem quite free to me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- your type likes the nanny state and Big Brother Brian .

Your type is scared to go outside without a gun, something I do every day.
------------------------------------ silly , there are huge numbers of guns where i am at and we are a crime free locale . I may carry a gun but IF i carry the purpose to be PREPARED . I also have a spare tire in the car and a fire extiguisher in the kitchen Brian .

Yet here I am not scared or prepared and get around fine. While you pretend to be prepared so many are dying.

Yes....the club goers in Orlando believed the same thing you do...as did the church goers in Texas......and the school board at Sandy Hook.......

As would anyone. But banning semi-auto rifles does not guarantee no more mass shootings.

A decent quality AR runs about $1,000. More if you specialize it in any way.
YOu can buy a black powder revolver for $269 at Cabela's. That is 18 rounds without reloading, and gives you backup if someone manages to knock one out of your hand. And with a spare cylinder for each, you could carry 36 shots with ease. And, if I am not mistaken, they do not require background checks when purchased.
No guarantees true. But look at Vegas an orlando. Way too much firepower. Machine guns are heavily regulated and so should
Semi auto rifles with high capacity magazines.

I'm glad you are in this convo btw, if not for you it would be all crazy..
----------------------------------- orlando , quit importing muslims Brian .

He was born in NY. Stop well arming crazies.

We didn't.....the problem is the government failing to keep dangerous criminals locked up for 30 years and letting criminals buy guns by not pressing "Send" to submit criminal records.....

yer post number 80 is SILLY , do as you like and i will do as i like . FREEDOM , its what America is supposed to be about Brian .

Freedom to live is a great one. All those people in TX lost it.

You mean except for the 26 people who are alive today because an NRA instructor, armed with an AR-15 civilian rifle stopped the killer.....and all the other people who were saved when the killer was shot by the NRA instructor with the AR-15 civilian rifle and couldn't get away......since the police didn't arrive till it was all over....

NO ONE is calling for the banning of ALL guns....our country is too invested in the macho image......BUT, sane folks SHOULD call for the banning of military-style, assault weapons with extensive ammo clips whose ONLY purpose is to kill as many people as possible in the shortest number of minutes.....

All that you gun nuts are doing is FACILITATING murderous wackos' jobs for them.

Then why is it rifles of any kind are used in less than 2% of all murders?

Tell that to the dead at Vegas.

That was the cops...they didn't go into that room until 72 minutes after the shooting started......

Forum List

Back