10 Commandments for Atheists

- there is a difference from people that hear voices ... have you ever recorded one.
Get a dictionary. Study all 20+ definitions. Then record the "voice" of conscience, the "voice" of the past, the "voice" of an election. For example, an election has no voice, but a news commentator can voice the results of an election. Can't record your internal voice, either. Yes, you can vocalize your internal voice, but the internal voice itself makes no sound. Go talk to neurologist about your own internal voice and how concerned you are you cannot get it to record. I dare you.

Go talk to neurologist about your own internal voice and how concerned you are you cannot get it to record. I dare you.

those evenings of youth spent without a thought or voice than purely visual experiences are fond and too few in memories - than linguistic dexterity the elderly bog themselves down with that more often than not lead to nowhere.

a&e were set on their journey to discover for themselves their own self determination - to be judged if their goal was reached. the heavens observe, they do not intervene.

knowing is not hearing as the youth know it is visual and nothing else.

Tell me more. How did I do that? And do I need to see a psychiatrists?

(size increase by me) And you wonder, when you were looking for something else, why you didn't find God? Where did you find answers....or, did you?

I was open to everything and because of that my own answers came from several different places not just one.

and a god just wasn't one of them.

Nothing in any of the 3 desert religions resonated with me and those are where I started looking first because those religions are so ubiquitous that literally everyone has at least some experience with them.

My mother was a devout Baptist and looked for her answers there but I have to assume she didn't find them because she turned to heroin to ease her own existential pain and to eventually end it.

Do you actually understand what he meant by that? I suggest you do a little research on it. Because he didn't mean what you think he meant by that.

But yes, I agree with his basis for that statement. Which is that life is hard and religion gave people comfort from their hard lives.

Yes I do do you?

Religion is the fantasy of the oppressed and suffering that they will one day be delivered from it by some god. It's a teddy bear that scares away the monsters under a child's bed. IOW a false sense of security

Yes I do do you?

Religion is the fantasy of the oppressed and suffering that they will one day be delivered from it by some god. It's a teddy bear that scares away the monsters under a child's bed. IOW a false sense of security
I literally explained it to you in the post you responded to, so yes, I do know.

Your understanding of Marx's statement is as incorrect as your perception of God.

He thought that if the comfort blanket of religion was taken away, at last the workers would have to do something about their terrible condition. In Marx's dream of a communist revolution, religion would be abolished, and the workers would be so happy being equal they simply wouldn't need it anymore. But unfortunately for Marx, the revolution in Russia came after he had died and gone to wherever it is that atheists go. And by then, Stalin and his gang had proved there were lots of other ways to oppress people which didn't have any of the fun bits of religion or, indeed, opium.

Forum List

Back