1 woman & her purse vs. 3 violent men...no one has a gun...poor woman...

So guns have been used to prevent a crime or for self defense 2 million times a year or more which means in my lifetime this has happened 120 million times. Why is it I don`t know a single person who has ever used a gun in self defense? See what a crock of shit you people are selling?

So guns have been used to prevent a crime or for self defense 2 million times a year or more which means in my lifetime this has happened 120 million times. Why is it I don`t know a single person who has ever used a gun in self defense? See what a crock of shit you people are selling?

Sorry, I'm not selling it...obama is...the Justice Dept. is...19 other researchers over a 40 year period are....complain to the guys who actually studied the issue...not me...

Bypassing the constitution is un-american, but we all know Joe hates america and everything it was founded on, so there is no surprise there.

Before Heller, everyone understood "Well REgulated Militia" meant that states and cities could regulate gun ownership.

So why do you hate the Founding Fathers?

You are the one who hates them. and gun ownership is regulated, background check, no felons allowed to own, etc.

You don't want regulation, you want infringement. Fuck off.
Infringement began before the ink had a chance to dry on the 2nd amendment. Try taking your gun to an NFL game tomorrow and let us know how that works out. Give the police a lecture about infringement and you`ll find that some of them really do have a sense of humor.

Infringement began before the ink had a chance to dry on the 2nd amendment.

Which is why the stand of the people who support the Bill of Rights should be...not one more bullet, weapon or piece of shooting gear will be surrendered to the irrational gun nuts..."shall not be infringed" will now be the actual right...not just an idea...

Bypassing the constitution is un-american, but we all know Joe hates america and everything it was founded on, so there is no surprise there.

Before Heller, everyone understood "Well REgulated Militia" meant that states and cities could regulate gun ownership.

You are the one who hates them. and gun ownership is regulated, background check, no felons allowed to own, etc.

You don't want regulation, you want infringement. Fuck off.
Infringement began before the ink had a chance to dry on the 2nd amendment. Try taking your gun to an NFL game tomorrow and let us know how that works out. Give the police a lecture about infringement and you`ll find that some of them really do have a sense of humor.

If I am a license responsible upstanding citizen who is known to be such by my community and by my pears these days, then it would be in yours and everybody's best interest (especially these days) for me to conceal carry any where that I want to. Who knows the next life that might be saved could be yours until the cops get there to write the report afterwards. You must not turn on the news or you must live in that Jim Carey world (what was it called?), because the last time I checked this nation was going straight into the toilet and fast.

So you are saying obama and his CDC are run by the NRA...really? Or the Justice Dept.? Or Gallup, or the L.A. times...19 separate studies, by both private and government researchers over a 40 year time period...all controlled by the NRA...

The CDC is actually banned from studying gun violence, because last time they did, Kellerman made you all look bad.

All the CDC did was collate all the other bullshit studies.

And it is not strange at all that the one way to reduce accidents is to educate people about gun safety...much like fire safety programs in schools...but then if kids were educated in gun safety...they wouldn't die from gun accidents...and then the best tool the anti gunners have...dead children...wouldn't be there for them...

Ah, that's right. All we need to do is educate them kids on Gun Safety!

9-year-old accidentally kills range instructor with Uzi - CNN.com

A shooting instructor is dead, the victim of a gun-range accident. A 9-year-old girl is surely traumatized. And plenty of people, including many gun enthusiasts, are asking: Why give a child a submachine gun to shoot?

The deadly incident occurred Monday morning at a gun range in Arizona that caters to Las Vegas tourists, many of whom drive an hour from the gambling center to fire high-powered weapons.

Charles Vacca was accidentally shot in the head as he instructed the 9-year-old girl how to fire an Uzi, an Israeli-made 9mm submachine gun. As she pulled the trigger, the gun jumped out of her left hand toward Vacca, who was standing beside her.

The CDC is actually banned from studying gun violence, because last time they did, Kellerman made you all look bad.

Obama gave the CDC 10 million dollars to study the issue in 2013....here I'll link to the story...

Obama's CDC...

from slate.com an article on CDC obama's era...500-3 million defensive gun uses

Handguns suicides mass shootings deaths and self-defense Findings from a research report on gun violence.

7. Guns are used for self-defense often and effectively. “Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million per year … in the context of about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008,” says the report. The three million figure is probably high, “based on an extrapolation from a small number of responses taken from more than 19 national surveys.”

Earlier this year, President Obama ordered the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to assess the existing research on gun violence and recommend future studies. That report, prepared by the Institute of Medicine and the National Research Council, isnow complete. Its findings won’t entirely please the Obama administration or the NRA, but all of us should consider them. Here’s a list of the 10 most salient or surprising takeaways.

All we need to do is educate them kids on Gun Safety!

So we shouldn't educate them about fire safety either? Gun safety lessons save lives...but they don't protect the anti gun agenda...only dead children do that...

Here's the key point from your article.

Earlier this year, President Obama ordered the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to assess the existing research on gun violence and recommend future studies.

So the CDC didn't study anything, it just took other bullshit studies and looked at them.

But I do notice you focus on bullet point # 7 and ignore these...

9. Denying guns to people under restraining orders saves lives.

4. Handguns are the problem.

2. Most indices of crime and gun violence are getting better, not worse.

1. The United States has an indisputable gun violence problem.

The term "militias" was the word of the day in the late 1700's is all. The Founders made their feelings about the right to keep and bear arms with the Second Amendment. They knew the Second would enforce the First and was of paramount importance. You leftists try to twist words around to control and then SEIZE our arms to control speech and ultimately our will to resist your tyranny. Every communist country in history has banned private firearms.....chew on your lip until it falls off for all I care....you ain't getting our guns. :eusa_naughty:

And it is not strange at all that the one way to reduce accidents is to educate people about gun safety...much like fire safety programs in schools...but then if kids were educated in gun safety...they wouldn't die from gun accidents...and then the best tool the anti gunners have...dead children...wouldn't be there for them...

Ah, that's right. All we need to do is educate them kids on Gun Safety!

9-year-old accidentally kills range instructor with Uzi - CNN.com

A shooting instructor is dead, the victim of a gun-range accident. A 9-year-old girl is surely traumatized. And plenty of people, including many gun enthusiasts, are asking: Why give a child a submachine gun to shoot?

The deadly incident occurred Monday morning at a gun range in Arizona that caters to Las Vegas tourists, many of whom drive an hour from the gambling center to fire high-powered weapons.

Charles Vacca was accidentally shot in the head as he instructed the 9-year-old girl how to fire an Uzi, an Israeli-made 9mm submachine gun. As she pulled the trigger, the gun jumped out of her left hand toward Vacca, who was standing beside her.

Accidents have been happening since we've been alive as the human race, and the key word here is accident. There have been many accidents where children have accidentally harmed or even killed someone by many means other than with a gun ( a vehicle being the worst one of them all I think), and yes they have had trauma and all that in which goes along with it afterwards for sure, but we always work to let them know that it was just that an accident, and then we work with them to help them understand that it wasn't their fault or if it was their fault (the accident), then we would work with them to help them understand how to not make that tragic mistake again. Unfortunately we as humans have accidents or create accidents for others in life more so than we would care to ever admit as our blunders in life, but it's all a part of living life to it's fullest without fear of the unknown slithering around the next corner. You can use what ever you want for political purposes, but it won't change the freedoms that good people protect and enjoy here in this nation, so the quicker you learn that, the better off you will be.

2. Most indices of crime and gun violence are getting better, not worse.

You do realize that this is a time when more and more Americans own and carry guns...right...right? guns aren't the problem...criminal gangs are the problem...

No, we don't...we have a gang problem in democrat controlled inner cities...who use guns to kill 80% of the victims of gun murder...solve the democrat gang problem and you get crime levels lower than Europe...with lots of guns still carried by law abiding citizens...

Joe...get some help...

So we shouldn't educate them about fire safety either? Gun safety lessons save lives...but they don't protect the anti gun agenda...only dead children do that...

No, we should not let children have guns.

Seriously, what kind of fucking retard lets a 9 year old play with an UZI?

I had 22 rifles at age 11 in order to squirrel hunt with, and I had a 410 gauge double barrel shotgun also, then I got my first Browning 12 gauge auto at age 13 along with a Remington Pump later on. I then got my first deer hunting rifle 30-06, and it was a beautiful thing at 16 years old. Handguns I was shooting the .22 and the .38 along with the 357 magnum when I was around 14 right on up till now.

4. Handguns are the problem.

No, handguns used by criminals are the problem...handguns used by gangs in democrat controlled cities are the problem...

Law abiding citizens owning and carrying guns...not a problem...

No, we should not let children have guns.

You mean like this child...who shoots better than most soldiers and police...

10-Year-Old Girl Proves Kids With Guns Does Not Always End In Tragedy - Matt Vespa

8.png

I think it is cute that she matches her outfit to her AR-15...I wonder if her shotgun and pistol match too...

After the tragic incident where a 9-year-old girl accidentally killed her range instructor with an Uzi in Arizona, there were a series of stories debating the presence of kids at gun ranges. As an avid shooter, I see young kids at my range all the time, spending quality time with Dad (sometimes Mom too) learning basic gun safety and how to shoot properly. Kids learning how to shoot is quite common in America–and they don’t always end in tragedy.

Shyanne competes alongside junior shooters, who are participants younger than 18, and even adults. Last year, she beat out adult women to place second in the Women's Division of the New Jersey Ruger Rimfire Challenge.

On October 31, she will square off against 200 of the top women shooters at the Brownell's Lady 3-Gun Pro-Am Challenge in Covington, Georgia. Shyanne is the youngest competitive shooter registered at the female-only event, according to the match director. The top shooter has a chance to win $5,000, as well as items from a prize table of guns, ammo and more.

The Franklinville, New Jersey, girl, who now has more than 20 sponsors, started learning gun safety when she was 5. After she could recite the rules and had grasped what guns can do, around age 6, her father started taking her to a gun range. Dan Roberts is a certified firearms instructor and a single dad. He has custody of Shyanne and her younger brother.

When asked how he feels about his daughter using a gun, her father said, "I feel very comfortable because I know she's been extraordinarily well-trained at how to be safe. I could have a fully loaded machine gun, and she would not dream of touching it because the curiosity factor has been eliminated."

Roberts believes early firearm education and training are the keys to reducing gun accidents. He argues that if kids knew about guns at a young age, their curiosity wouldn't get the best of them, leaving tragedy in their trail.

Yeah, but if you trained kids not to have accidents...where would the dead kids come from to help promote the anti gunner agenda?

No, we don't...we have a gang problem in democrat controlled inner cities...who use guns to kill 80% of the victims of gun murder...solve the democrat gang problem and you get crime levels lower than Europe...with lots of guns still carried by law abiding citizens...

Joe...get some help...
Sadly I road through a neighborhood that I had grew up in back in the early seventies. It was very nice back then, and it even had a huge lake surrounding the inner portions of it. I mean it was prime property, and it should be prime real-estate to this very day. However over the years the government injected huge amounts of government dependent families or individuals into this community, and you wouldn't even believe what this place is like now or what it looks like now. Gangs are rampant in the area now, and property values have went to almost nothing. The holdouts I noticed (the ones for whom couldn't get out in time because they were to invested or to old), well they have to run posted signs on their tree's and fences now. It was amazing what I was seeing, but sadly I know what has happened, and what has happened is just wrong, and that community is a living testament to that fact. I actually felt saddened by it all, and I really felt sad for the ones who are stuck there, and are having to endure such hardships as they are enduring at such an old age now. The federal government needs to GET OUT OF THE HOUSING PEOPLE for free BUSINESS, and it actually should be sued by all those who have been on the blunt end of their folly, and who have lost their life's investments in which they can never re-coop for as longs as they live. Reparations people love to speak of now, well first the government needs to pay back these poor Americans for what it has done to them in their once thriving communities, and pay them back for the property value losses they have incurred all due to the idiocy of the federal government.

I don't know anyone either. Go figure.

Forum List

Back