1,700 UK scientists back climate science

Scientists have such a "vested interest"? The truth is, scientists can get jobs anywhere, unlike Republicans. Why? Because scientists have "education". Or as Republicans refer to it, "Just a meaningless piece of paper".

Except, of course, the scientists that disagree with the man made global warming theory.
They are the ones with the meaningless piece of paper.
No?

Scientists have such a "vested interest"? The truth is, scientists can get jobs anywhere, unlike Republicans. Why? Because scientists have "education". Or as Republicans refer to it, "Just a meaningless piece of paper".

Funny

It's usually the republicans who have and maintain jobs and careers, and don't like the government redistributing their earning to the unemployed people who vote democrat to try and get their entitlement

Funny also that many republicans have degrees and are well educated

Also funny that you fully believe it requires a degree or 'piece of paper' diploma to be able to 'get jobs anywhere'

You show yourself to be more of an idiot every day... you are also one of the biggest trolls we have seen here since bobo the assclown came to town...

Rajendra Pachauri, Chairman of the IPCC – trained initially as a railway engineer
Pachauri was educated at La Martiniere College in Lucknow[2] and at the Indian Railways Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering in Jamalpur, Bihar.

He began his career with the Diesel Locomotive Works in Varanasi.

Pachauri was awarded an MS degree in Industrial Engineering from North Carolina State University, Raleigh, in 1972, as well as a joint Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering and Economics in 1974.[3]

He served as Assistant Professor (August 1974 - May 1975) and Visiting Faculty Member (Summer 1976 and 1977) in the Department of Economics and Business at NC State.

HEC Paris appointed Pachauri Professor Honoris Causa in October 2009

During the question and answer session of last week’s William Schlesinger/John Christy global warming debate, (alarmist) Schlesinger was asked how many members of United Nation’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) were actual climate scientists. It is well known that many, if not most, of its members are not scientists at all. Its president, for example, is an economist.

His complete answer was that he thought, “something on the order of 20 percent have had some dealing with climate.” In other words, even IPCC worshiper Schlesinger now acknowledges that 80 percent of the IPCC membership had absolutely no dealing with the climate as part of their academic studies.

William Schlesinger on IPCC: “something on the order of 20 percent have had some dealing with climate.” « Watts Up With That?

“This is nonsense," says Tom V. Segalstad, head of the Geological Museum at the University of Oslo and formerly an expert reviewer with the same IPCC. He laments the paucity of geologic knowledge among IPCC scientists -- a knowledge that is central to understanding climate change, in his view, since geologic processes ultimately determine the level of atmospheric CO2.

"The IPCC needs a lesson in geology to avoid making fundamental mistakes," he says. "Most leading geologists, throughout the world, know that the IPCC's view of Earth processes are implausible if not impossible
Canada’s National Post Saturday

Dear colleagues,

After some prolonged deliberation, I have decided to withdraw from participating in the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). I am withdrawing because I have come to view the part of the IPCC to which my expertise is relevant as having become politicized. In addition, when I have raised my concerns to the IPCC leadership, their response was simply to dismiss my concerns. Chris Landsea

- Prometheus: Chris Landsea Leaves IPCC Archives

Again, to rationalize this set in stone and leave no room for discovery or questioning is to dismiss the very premise of science. THe IPCC itself is not composed of a majority of climate scientists and as you can see the man that is in charge of the IPCC is a railroad engineer. The only experience that I can see he has in the climate change debate outside of being a spokesman for climate change for various groups and universities. So anytime someone says the science is settled and thats that, and then begins to dismiss their peers that call conclusions into question it is no longer science but more so a clut and while I cannot stop people from wanting to fall under the spell of the cult I will continue to point out it's obvious flaws.

"Since the end of the Ice Age, Earth's temperature has risen approximately 16 degrees F and sea levels have risen a total of 300 feet! Forests have returned where once there was only ice."

Global Warming:A Chilling Perspective

What's the fucking problem with Global Warming? Earth as an iceball sucks!

I just think it is both funny and sad that bb hacks (like myself) and others believe that there is no way in hell that what man has done and is doing to the earth cannot impact our environment in a negative way.

I fear that we will find out the hard way that our earth is held in a more fragile balance than most of us think.

btw I have seen no honeybees around my porperty for 2 years now.. And I use no pesticides.

I am going to set up a hive of my own next year.

Last edited:
USC....speaking for me....its not that i don't believe man can influence the environment....it is more these so called green initiatives that are really about power over the individual and making money than making sure the planet is greener....

they are using fear tactics based on little evidence. instead of going off about some cataclysmic global warming event caused by man, how about acknowledging that the earth, before the industrial revolution, has gone through multiple warming and cooling periods.....that had nothing to do with man....but you won't find gore et al acknowledging that, IMO, that blows their credibility to shreds

So they signed a statement. Maybe one of them would be nice to provide evidence. Id find that alot more convincing.

Who are you going to trust? 1700 Scientists or Palin and Limbaugh?

Who are you going to trust? 1700 Scientists or Palin and Limbaugh?
Golly....Are those my only choices? :rolleyes:

Drip.

lol-003.gif

Couldn't rep, best I could do.

1,700 UK scientists back climate science

Dec 10, 6:24 AM (ET)

LONDON (AP) - Over 1,700 scientists in Britain have signed a statement defending the evidence for human-made climate change in the wake of hacked e-mails that emboldened climate skeptics.

E-mails stolen from an English university appeared to show scientists discussing ways to shield data from public scrutiny and suppress others' work. Climate skeptics - those who deny that human activity is responsible for global warming - have seized on the correspondence as evidence that scientists have conspired to hide the facts.

Most scientists say the e-mails do nothing to undermine the evidence for climate change.

More than 1,700 signed a statement released Thursday, saying they had confidence in the evidence for global warming "and the scientific basis for concluding that it is due primarily to human activities."
My Way News - 1,700 UK scientists back climate science

Well thank you. If I can just see that list we can begin to make sure these hacks NEVER work in science again. Interesting fact, 100% of these scientists will not work for free.

Ok, here is the link to the list of the scientists that signed this petition that the OP could not provide and as I suspected it came from the MET office in the UK that circulated a petetion among scientists all over the UK. So much like the head of the IPCC whos field of study is that of a train engineer, these qualified climate scientists opinion hold little weight with the exception of say within the cult community of MMGW believers.

Met Office: Statement from the UK science community

I'l provide you with a few bio's on some of the people in the list.....

Sir John Theodore Houghton FRS CBE is a Welsh scientist who was the co-chair of the Nobel Peace Prize winning Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's (IPCC) scientific assessment working group. He was the lead editor of first three IPCC reports. He was professor in atmospheric physics at the University of Oxford, former Chief Executive at the Met Office and founder of the Hadley
Centre.

John T. Houghton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

David E. Anderson, Geography teacher
QAS

I'll leave the rest to you, however while these scientist and lay person(s) may all agree on the same thing it's not all that surprising when you look a little deeper. What do you think one of the principle authors of the 3rd IPCC Report is going to say no? There have only been a few with the courage of Chris Landsea to do that so far. the rest are too. happy with all that money flowing in.

What the hey, those 1700 scientists are all probably atheists or communists. What would we have for fun here without the wing nut reactionaries of the far fringy right of rights?

What the hey, those 1700 scientists are all probably atheists or communists. What would we have for fun here without the wing nut reactionaries of the far fringy right of rights?

we'll always have you, jake.

even in your increasingly rare lucid moments, you're pretty fucking amusing, in a rainman sort of way.

:thup:

Del, I thought you would get it. But I am finding out the far right loony fringe here is politically autistic, so I am just having some fun with them.

A very good driver. Actually my chauffeur is a very good driver. I trained her. My driver says I have to come in for dinner. Later.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back