1,700 UK scientists back climate science

uscitizen

May 6, 2007
My Shack

Dec 10, 6:24 AM (ET)

LONDON (AP) - Over 1,700 scientists in Britain have signed a statement defending the evidence for human-made climate change in the wake of hacked e-mails that emboldened climate skeptics.

E-mails stolen from an English university appeared to show scientists discussing ways to shield data from public scrutiny and suppress others' work. Climate skeptics - those who deny that human activity is responsible for global warming - have seized on the correspondence as evidence that scientists have conspired to hide the facts.

Most scientists say the e-mails do nothing to undermine the evidence for climate change.

More than 1,700 signed a statement released Thursday, saying they had confidence in the evidence for global warming "and the scientific basis for concluding that it is due primarily to human activities."
My Way News - 1,700 UK scientists back climate science

Must be too much grease in the fish and chips. Why else would somebody agree with the obvious scam that is trying to be pulled over on the "non-believers" of this climate change bullshit?

And 4 out of 5 potheads agree that pot has no detrimental effects

When you have a vested interest in the outcome, you can defend many things

Yeah scientists are JUST TOO biased to make this decision, Political hacks and corporations should be the ones to tell us what science is trustable.

Interesting Source, with not evidence on the poll they took, what 1700 scientists,. Rather the article appears to be an article much like this.

AP; Sweden; 2345 Scientist now claim bugs are the primary source of CO2 and are the largest factor in Global Warming and must be regulated.

You see no source, so please proivde the scientists that signed this petition, it reminds of the one poll I saw on here that claimed that only 6% of scientists are republican, what they neglected to tell you was they took the poll of scintists from an organization that is an advocate for climate change legislation.

Want to know why a reasonable scientist would never support a conclusion and call it settled?, because it leaves no more room for discovery and science at its CORE is all about DISCOVERY.

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity.
Albert Einstein

So this settled science has little to do with science at all, but rather has more to do with how much money many stand to gain by these conclusions.

Yeah scientists are JUST TOO biased to make this decision, Political hacks and corporations should be the ones to tell us what science is trustable.

Gunny? Isn't it time to enforce truth in poster names? This poster wouldn't know the truth if she gave birth to it.

Gunny? Isn't it time to enforce truth in poster names? This poster wouldn't know the truth if she gave birth to it.

And look.. the idiot truthmatters still can't grasp the idea of the ignore list feature on the board, and still tries to directly address me

fucking laughable

Dr. Schmitt recently resigned from the Planetary Society over his firm belief that global warming is not manmade. In his email resignation Schmitt said, “"Consensus", as many have said, merely represents the absence of definitive science. You know as well as I, the "global warming scare" is being used as a political tool to increase government control over American lives, incomes and decision making. It has no place in the Society's activities."

As a geologist, I love Earth observations. But, it is ridiculous to tie this objective to a "consensus" that humans are causing global warming when human experience, geologic data and history, and current cooling can argue otherwise.
- Dr. Harrison Schmitt

Former astronaut Harrison Schmitt calls global warming a ‘political tool’

Harrison Hagan "Jack" Schmitt (born July 3, 1935) is an American geologist, a former NASA astronaut, University Professor and a U.S. Senator for one term.

He is the last of the Apollo astronauts to arrive and set foot on the Moon (crewmate Eugene Cernan exited the Apollo Lunar Module first). However, as Schmitt re-entered the module first, Cernan became the last astronaut to walk on and depart the moon. Schmitt is also the first—and so far only—person to have walked on the Moon who was never a member of the United States Armed Forces (he is not the first civilian; Neil Armstrong left military service prior to his landing in 1969).
Harrison Schmitt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Frankly, when you see people dismiss people such as Dr. Schmitt as being on the fringe, when they themselves are making speeches in favor of Egenics and using that as a support for climate change such as the case with David Rockefeller , you make the case a whole lot less credible. Especially when many in the AGW community make the claim that the oil companies are standing in the way of progress when many of those Oil companies are backing climate change legislation with large sums of money and are members of corporate goups along with the Sierra Club and Greenpeace that support it. This is not about science , its about money, case in point the spokesperson for AGW Al Gore.

And look.. the idiot truthmatters still can't grasp the idea of the ignore list feature on the board, and still tries to directly address me

fucking laughable

I dont care if you read it , you are so biased you refuse to even listen to people.

I post for all who read not just for you.

I'll say it again: the Jews at Masada, the Soviets holding out at Leningrad, the Mexicans at Tenochtitlan were pansies compared to how desperately the Warmer are fighting their last battle.

Schmitt is an adjunct professor of engineering physics at the University of Wisconsin–Madison[6], and has long been a proponent of lunar resource utilization.
Harrison Schmitt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I like that, here is a man a real scientist that actually has stood on another celestial body and a one term Republican member of the Senate. So if the posters intent was to show that by being a member of the Republican party that makes him somehow on the fringe, I would point out that people such as David Rockefeller who support climate change and advocate Eugenics as a means to stem the advance of global warming, and as I recall the last time that was tried on a major scale it resulted in the deaths of about 50 million people, I will proudly trust in the judgement of Dr. Schmitt. and of course the poster is as always free to believe in whomever he chooses.

How many scientists don't back climate change???

A small percentage who are very well paid by the corporations

You mean like these companies?

United States Climate Action Partnership (USCAP) is a group of businesses and leading environmental organizations that have come together to call on the federal government to quickly enact strong national legislation to require significant reductions of greenhouse gas emissions. USCAP has issued a landmark set of principles and recommendations to underscore the urgent need for a policy framework on climate change.

AES
Alcoa
Alstom
Boston Scientific Corporation
BP America
Caterpillar
Chrysler
ConocoPhillips
Deere & Company
The Dow Chemical Company
Duke Energy
DuPont
Environmental Defense Fund
Exelon Corporation
Ford Motor Company
FPL Group
General Electric
General Motors Corporation
Honeywell
Johnson & Johnson
Natural Resources Defense Council
The Nature Conservancy
NRG Energy
PepsiCo
Pew Center on Global Climate Change
PG&E Corporation
PNM Resources
Rio Tinto
Shell
Siemens Corporation
World Resources Institute
United States Climate Action Partnership

Scientists have such a "vested interest"? The truth is, scientists can get jobs anywhere, unlike Republicans. Why? Because scientists have "education". Or as Republicans refer to it, "Just a meaningless piece of paper".

Forum List

Back