02 Diet

Cecilie1200

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
So . . . my husband and I started a short, two-week version of the 02 diet today, and so far, we're really liking it (although a bit munchy).

The idea is to eat nothing but foods rich in antioxidants, which help the body rid itself of free radicals. It's supposed to help prevent disease, aid in memory and brain power, and boost weight loss. I've been reading from other sources that many of the foods on this diet are ALSO good for clearing up "cottage cheese thighs", aka cellulite.

Most of the food is pretty good, and simple to make. I was a little iffy on the Greek yogurt for breakfast, because it seemed a bit bitter to me. I'm thinking if I get a fat-free vanilla-flavored version instead of the plain one, that might make it okay. Meanwhile, I expect the careful portions to get me back to eating smaller portions in general, and I like the idea of cleansing some of the junk out of my system.

If anyone out there's heard about this diet plan and is curious about it, I'll be posting more as I go along. The two-week plan should drop about 5-10 pounds if I do it right. I don't own a scale because I don't believe in stressing about numbers, but it should be noticeable in how my jeans fit. :)

If you can find Redwood Hill Farm goat milk yogurt in your area (Whole Foods carries it here), the vanilla flavor is fabulous - tastes like cheese cake!

I've never heard of this diet - what's the basic food plan?

(...)I was a little iffy on the Greek yogurt for breakfast, because it seemed a bit bitter to me.(...)

Take 500 grams of low fat curd cheese (0,3 % fat), mix it with 2 liter pure water.
It tastes like nothing. If you want, you can throw a bit salt into that drink.
I drink 2 liters of that every day.

Diet and nutrition is an area of interest for me, so I'd be interested to see how it turns out.

I am a little leery on the whole "Free radical" bit, since it's a ketchy phrase that never really holds up to scientific scrutiny. I mean, your body generates bleach to kill bacteria and you create free radical simply through running oxygen through the TCA cycle to generate ATP.

However, if it reduces the amounts of sugars, fats, and salts people eat (IMO the real culprits behind poor health), then it's better than the crap most people eat on a daily basis.

(...)I was a little iffy on the Greek yogurt for breakfast, because it seemed a bit bitter to me.(...)

Take 500 grams of low fat curd cheese (0,3 % fat), mix it with 2 liter pure water.

Why?

Why?

I think he is going for the "malnourishment diet" plus with some salt thrown in for the blood pressure.

If you can find Redwood Hill Farm goat milk yogurt in your area (Whole Foods carries it here), the vanilla flavor is fabulous - tastes like cheese cake!

Well, for example, today we had a blackberry-pecan parfait for breakfast, A cup of fresh blackberries and some pecan pieces mixed with 3/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt. We had a morning snack of steamed asparagus with olive oil and lemon juice (there's a lot of lemon juice in this diet). Lunch was a Cobb salad with romaine lettuce, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, deli-sliced turkey and ham, reduced-fat cheddar cheese, and avocado with grapeseed oil, lemon juice, and dill drizzled on it (SOO good). Afternoon snack was half a peach with cottage cheese. And dinner was a grilled chicken breast with basil and more asparagus with Parmesan cheese.

Some of the other meals I can remember are toast with cottage cheese and avocado, omelets made with one whole egg and two egg whites and a variety of green veggies and cheese, flank steak with a berry sauce, like that. The idea is to cut out most carbs and concentrate on foods high in antioxidants and very nutrient-dense. Also, of course, you eat small portions and five times a day rather than three. Oh, and you drink 8 cups of water with a tablespoon of lemon juice per cup each day, and two cups of green tea. This being Arizona and warming up, we're drinking a lot more of both than that. I bought a case of diet green tea with citrus in bottles and another case of SoBe LifeWater, so that I can carry something with me while doing the census.

Why?

It was a tip to the OP to replace the yoghurt.
Personally, I can't eat very much in the mornings, so I drink most of my breakfast.

500 Gram low fat curd cheese =
- 400 KCal
- 60 gram Protein
- 20 gram Carbohydrate
- 2,5 gram Fat
- lots of Calcium, Zink and other minerals.

I mix it with 2 liters water, 1 Liter in the morning the rest in the evening.
30 seconds mix by hand:
(IT is also a very good thirst-eliminator, also with the salt)
b0949_schneebesen.jpg

Well, for example, today we had a blackberry-pecan parfait for breakfast, A cup of fresh blackberries and some pecan pieces mixed with 3/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt. We had a morning snack of steamed asparagus with olive oil and lemon juice (there's a lot of lemon juice in this diet). Lunch was a Cobb salad with romaine lettuce, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, deli-sliced turkey and ham, reduced-fat cheddar cheese, and avocado with grapeseed oil, lemon juice, and dill drizzled on it (SOO good). Afternoon snack was half a peach with cottage cheese. And dinner was a grilled chicken breast with basil and more asparagus with Parmesan cheese.

Some of the other meals I can remember are toast with cottage cheese and avocado, omelets made with one whole egg and two egg whites and a variety of green veggies and cheese, flank steak with a berry sauce, like that. The idea is to cut out most carbs and concentrate on foods high in antioxidants and very nutrient-dense. Also, of course, you eat small portions and five times a day rather than three. Oh, and you drink 8 cups of water with a tablespoon of lemon juice per cup each day, and two cups of green tea. This being Arizona and warming up, we're drinking a lot more of both than that. I bought a case of diet green tea with citrus in bottles and another case of SoBe LifeWater, so that I can carry something with me while doing the census.

Sounds healthy. My regular regime is much like this, except for the frequent small meals. Lean protein, lots of veggies, nuts, low-fat dairy, and berries - and lots of water - and a daily bottle of Kombucha. I just feel better with low to no carbs - and avoid the processed stuff.

ekrem,

Interesting idea - I might try that in the hot weather. I'm not much of a breakfast eater either - generally have my yogurt between 10 and 11am. Coffee with milk earlier in the am.

Diet and nutrition is an area of interest for me, so I'd be interested to see how it turns out.

I am a little leery on the whole "Free radical" bit, since it's a ketchy phrase that never really holds up to scientific scrutiny. I mean, your body generates bleach to kill bacteria and you create free radical simply through running oxygen through the TCA cycle to generate ATP.

However, if it reduces the amounts of sugars, fats, and salts people eat (IMO the real culprits behind poor health), then it's better than the crap most people eat on a daily basis.

It's all the sort of food your doctor encourages you to eat anyway: lean meats (with lots of salmon, tuna, etc.), leafy green veggies, berries, nuts, light oils, low-fat dairy, tons of water . . . And the few carbs that come up are very limited and of the whole-grain variety.

While I don't plan to continue religiously on this diet plan, I do plan to incorporate a number of these recipes into my regular repertoire.

ekrem,

Interesting idea - I might try that in the hot weather. I'm not much of a breakfast eater either - generally have my yogurt between 10 and 11am. Coffee with milk earlier in the am.

Like they say: Breakfast is most important meal of the day.
I eat fresh fruits also, but as a person who can't eat much in the morning I prefer dry fruit in the morning. Dry plums for example, they come from California.
You do not have to gulp a lot of volume with dried fruits.

Sounds healthy. My regular regime is much like this, except for the frequent small meals. Lean protein, lots of veggies, nuts, low-fat dairy, and berries - and lots of water - and a daily bottle of Kombucha. I just feel better with low to no carbs - and avoid the processed stuff.

I like my carbs, but I try to keep them to healthier items as much as possible: air-popped popcorn, whole-grain bread, fiber-rich cereals and crackers, like that.

Still, my eating habits have gotten a bit naughty lately. My stomach, which was cut down to a very tiny size five years ago by gastric bypass surgery, has stretched farther than I like, and my jeans are fitting a bit tight. So I thought a quick two-week program full of healthy food that would loosen my jeans and shrink my stomach back to the proper size, would be just perfect. And I know my husband would be thrilled to see 5-10 pounds go away.

ekrem,

Like they say: Breakfast is most important meal of the day.
I eat fresh fruits also, but as a person who can't eat much in the morning I prefer dry fruit in the morning. Dry plums for example, they come from California.
You do not have to gulp a lot of volume with dried fruits.

I have never understood how people can eat the greasy, rich food that is so common for breakfast: pork sausage, bacon, syrup, enormous omelets greasy with cheese . . . Ugh. I'm all for a solid, well-balanced breakfast, but just thinking about what many people eat in the morning makes me nauseous.

I don't do so called diets anymore.

There is a real easy way to eat that eliminates all calorie counting.

1) A serving is what can comfortably fit in the palm of your hand.

2) Eat 3 servings of leafy greens, 3 servings of vegetables (at least 2 different colors), 1 serving of nuts (not peanuts) or seeds, 2 to 3 servings of lean protein and 2 servings of fruit a day

3) eat only foods that have one ingredient on the label. In other words nothing canned, packaged or processed.

4) notice I did not include grains or dairy products? You don't need them.

2) Eat 3 servings of leafy greens, 3 servings of vegetables (at least 2 different colors), 1 serving of nuts (not peanuts) or seeds, 2 to 3 servings of lean protein and 2 servings of fruit a day

3) eat only foods that have one ingredient on the label. In other words nothing canned, packaged or processed.

I beg to differ. Women need all the calcium they can lay their hands on (not a bad idea for men, either), and calcium supplements just don't get it done by themselves.

Also, dairy products can be a good, healthy source of protein if chosen well.

I like short diet plans like this because it helps to focus my attention back on my eating habits when they start getting careless from the rush, stress, and hurry of everyday life.

I beg to differ. Women need all the calcium they can lay their hands on (not a bad idea for men, either), and calcium supplements just don't get it done by themselves.

I like short diet plans like this because it helps to focus my attention back on my eating habits when they start getting careless from the rush, stress, and hurry of everyday life.

Calcium can be obtained via leafy greens too. Cows milk is designed to do one thing and that's to make baby cows fat.

Exercise is the best way to prevent bone loss and eating a diet that is a net alkaline (ph > 7) helps too.

Exercise is the best way to prevent bone loss and eating a diet that is a net alkaline (ph > 7) helps too.

No debate about exercise (at least weight bearing exercise, swimming is great for your heart but isn't going to help your bone density.) But an alkaline diet? What is the logic behind that? Especially since, by the time you digest it, your food is going to go from alternating acidic and alkaline environments.

Calcium can be obtained via leafy greens too. Cows milk is designed to do one thing and that's to make baby cows fat.

I don't drink cow's milk. Upsets my stomach. And I don't believe in cutting ANY food group out entirely.

While exercise is important, preventing bone loss, like all health concerns, is best served with a multi-pronged approach.

(...)

I don't drink cow's milk. Upsets my stomach.(...)

Same with me at >500 mLiter.

If you cant clean your teeths after meal, you should end your meals with milk products. It regulates the PH level in mouth area. Or finish meal with food that mechanically cleans teeth, like unsugared pop-corn.

In morning you should shake your mouth area with apple-vinegar. It whitens teeth and eliminates bacterias within mouth-area where toothbrush doesn't reach. After this you clean your teeth with normal toothpaste.

Toothpaste on the toothbrush should not be hold under water. Toothpaste is same consistency like in the tube.

If you have mouth smell, you should chew coffee beans.

Tips were given on TV from Professor at a Hospital specialized in Teeth care.
Hospital is JCI accredited.
Memorial Sa?l?k Grubu - Memorial Hastanesi, Ata?ehir Hastanesi, Suadiye T?p Merkezi, Etiler T?p Merkezi

Forum List

Back