The perfect sammie...

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
What makes up the perfect sammie?

My favorite is pretty simple. I'm not hard to please. Nothing is better than a good PB&J served up with a glass of cold milk. Yum. Yum.

Leftovers make the best sammiches, especially meatloaf and Thanksgiving Turkey.

What makes up the perfect sammie?

My favorite is pretty simple. I'm not hard to please. Nothing is better than a good PB&J served up with a glass of cold milk. Yum. Yum.

My little guy LOVES PB&J. Eats it all over his face.

For me, it would have to be leftover Thanksgiving turkey on fresh-made wheat bread with a smear of real butter. Second choice would be deli turkey on a croissant with cream cheese and whole-berry cranberry sauce, with a piece of leaf lettuce.

Sandwiches are an art. The best known example is made as follows:

For bread you must use either jalapeno cheese bread, tuscin rustica, or rye parmesan. Pumpernickle can be acceptable as well. As for garnish, fresh, crisp romaine lettuce is the only option. Tomatoes and sweet onions are optional. For cheese use colby jack and either pepper jack or extra sharp white cheddar cheese. Swiss may be added as well but only in addition to the others, not as a substitute. Now for the meat. Sliced turkey and sliced chicken, proper deli salami and pepperoni, crispy bacon and a side of elk jerky. You may add either corned or roast beef if you so desire. As a final touch use one or two quartered dill pickle spears, preferably kosier. For condiments mucky duck hot mustard and horseradish work very well, though anything spicy and zesty will do.

When properly done the sandwich should stand between 3 and 4 inches tall

My perfect sandwich would be something like this.... red peppers, green peppers, onions, button mushrooms, broccoli, squash, little bit of garlic, salt and pepper all sauteed up in a frying pan and it creates a nice little glaze then I melt a little provolone and swiss cheese and serve it on some type of a hard bread like focaccia. It tastes so yummy. Of course sometime the combination of veggies change depending on leftovers and what i have on hand that I try to get rid of.

Forum List

Back