0 to 2000 meters, the ocean is warming!

Indeed, when my wife wants to find me, she just sings "follow the yellow brick road, follow, follow follow, follow the yellow brick road."

I am one of the best ghost writers one can hire.

Because I write so drunk I will never even remember I wrote it; you will get all the credit and I will not ever know what happened.

This is how Tarantino took off.

I think?

I am one of the best ghost writers one can hire.

Because I write so drunk I will never even remember I wrote it; you will get all the credit and I will not ever know what happened.

This is how Tarantino took off.

I think?

I don't know. I wasn't there at the time I didn't not write the book.

But there might be a clue in the fact that the original working title was:

"You're yellow and so are I."

Now we have heard much BS about the ocean cooling. Here are the real facts.

Skeptical Science explains how we know global warming is happening: It’s the oceans, stupid! « Climate Progress

Now I’m sure the deniers and delayers out there are shrieking, “There are peer reviewed analyses that document that upper ocean warming has halted since 2003!” — a claim I dealt with in my July post, “Like father, like son: Roger Pielke Sr. also doesn’t understand the science of global warming — or just chooses to willfully misrepresent it.”

Subsequently, however, another JGR article, “Global hydrographic variability patterns during 2003–2008” (subs. req’d, draft here) details an analysis of “monthly gridded global temperature and salinity fields from the near-surface layer down to 2000 m depth based on Argo measurements.” Background on Argo here. Their findings are summed up in this figure:

Figure [2]: Time series of global mean heat storage (0–2000 m), measured in 108 Jm-2.

Still warming, after all these years! And just where you’d expect it. The study makes clear that upper ocean heat content, perhaps not surprisingly, is simply far more variable than deeper ocean heat content, and thus an imperfect indicator of the long-term warming trend.

I wonder how many of those numbers were fudged? :lol:

Sorry but your AGW scam has been exposed for what it is.
Nothing but a made up pack of lies.

Skeptical Science explains how we know global warming is happening: It’s the oceans, stupid! « Climate Progress

Now I’m sure the deniers and delayers out there are shrieking, “There are peer reviewed analyses that document that upper ocean warming has halted since 2003!” — a claim I dealt with in my July post, “Like father, like son: Roger Pielke Sr. also doesn’t understand the science of global warming — or just chooses to willfully misrepresent it.”

Subsequently, however, another JGR article, “Global hydrographic variability patterns during 2003–2008” (subs. req’d, draft here) details an analysis of “monthly gridded global temperature and salinity fields from the near-surface layer down to 2000 m depth based on Argo measurements.” Background on Argo here. Their findings are summed up in this figure:

Figure [2]: Time series of global mean heat storage (0–2000 m), measured in 108 Jm-2.

Still warming, after all these years! And just where you’d expect it. The study makes clear that upper ocean heat content, perhaps not surprisingly, is simply far more variable than deeper ocean heat content, and thus an imperfect indicator of the long-term warming trend.

Why is the arctic ice is melting even though the Sun is at its lowest level of activity in 80 years?

Why is the arctic ice is melting even though the Sun is at its lowest level of activity in 80 years?

Because of all the energy used to make fiberglass, over 200 trillion btu's a year is used to produce fiberglass for windmills, thats why the CO2 level is rising so fast.

Now we must consider all the other materials used in windmills and the CO2 thus created

Unless one believes the falsified data coming out of NASA and Hadley the artic is not melting. On the contrary from an independent source:

Arctic Ice Expanding At Fastest Rate On Record: Ice Levels Identical To 1980 Levels!
Posted by: volubrjotr on: October 22, 2009

Arctic Ice Expanding At Fastest Rate On Record: Ice Levels Identical To 1980 Levels! « Political Vel Craft

9972_large_daily-gsia.jpg

Your source is biased ... thus ... it's no more valid than any denying it.

I see. The Journal of Geophysical Research, Atmospheres is biased. Well yes, I suppose that they are. They are scientists, so they tend to be biased in letting the evidence speak for itself, rather than trying to present things as they think 'they ought to be'.

Whatever the bias of the source, when evidence is presented, best address the evidence.

Skeptical Science is a geered toward attacking anything that does not fanatically support AGW. It is what it is.

The data that they use to show that the cooling ocean is actually warming is only useful to support their goal when that data is changed. They do so with a complex and scientific method that turns actual data into actual doo-doo.

Here is another site that just looks at the actual data . The first link is the article and the second link is a graph that shows what the actual data reveals:

Jennifer Marohasy » Ocean Cooling Falsifies Global Warming Hypothesis

http://jennifermarohasy.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/dipuccio-2.jpg

Well, well, a blog, quoting a Mr. Dipuccio. It would seem to me that if one wanted to debate the many scientists whose work I posted, most of whom have Dr. before their name, that one would find some of those abundant scientists with Phd.s that you claim are out there disputing the warming.

Unless one believes the falsified data coming out of NASA and Hadley the artic is not melting. On the contrary from an independent source:

Arctic Ice Expanding At Fastest Rate On Record: Ice Levels Identical To 1980 Levels!

Arctic Ice Expanding At Fastest Rate On Record: Ice Levels Identical To 1980 Levels! « Political Vel Craft

Interesting graph there. Note that both the top and bottom graphs show the same thing. That is, if you run lines on the tops of the curves, and on the bottom of the curves, on both graphs, all the lines are sloping downhill, left to right.

The graphs prove that people can have the evidence right before them, and lie about it. By the graphs presented, the ice extant is declining. Unbelievable that you would post such an obviously idiotic peice of work, Fact.

I think what the idiot is trying to say is that the present arctic ice extent, past the middle of November, has now reached the point that the lowest extent did in 1980. For you can see, from this graph, that we are running neck and neck with the year, 2007, of the lowest extent.

http://nsidc.org/data/seaice_index/images/daily_images/N_timeseries.png

You think, not even close, you cut and paste and at that you sources state you are wrong.

Old Crock is telling a bold-faced lie when Old Crock starts a post stating "Old Crock thinks".

I think what the idiot is trying to say is that the present arctic ice extent, past the middle of November, has now reached the point that the lowest extent did in 1980. For you can see, from this graph, that we are running neck and neck with the year, 2007, of the lowest extent.

Conveniently leaving off the end of the graph, heh? Did you learn that from Hadley?

Look at the end of the graph. Both graphs. Yes, the high points are higher than they have been for a few cycles, but not as high as several since 1970. So the slope is still down to the right.

Now look at the low points. The slope is really down to the right.

That gives lie to all that you claim.

Conveniently leaving off the end of the graph, heh? Did you learn that from Hadley?

Look at the end of the graph. Both graphs. Yes, the high points are higher than they have been for a few cycles, but not as high as several since 1970. So the slope is still down to the right.

Now look at the low points. The slope is really down to the right.

That gives lie to all that you claim.

At least you admit that the last few cycles have been stronger. Guess what that means? The tide has turned. Noone denies that we went through a period of greater than normal solar intensity and had a couple of decades of warming. Now the sun has subsided and we are cooling. Those last few cycles mean the trend is now upward for greater ice.

Now I know you call yourself Old but that does not mean you must live in the past.

Now that was a stupid comment. Look at the 2009 high point. It is below the median level of the graph. Where do you think the next low point will be?

Face it, Fact. Your own graph, in you own post is giving lie to your claims. The amount of yearly sea ice is declining, and the amount of ice in the north polar cap, declining dramatically.

Forum List

Back