0 to 2000 meters, the ocean is warming!

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
Now we have heard much BS about the ocean cooling. Here are the real facts.

Skeptical Science explains how we know global warming is happening: It’s the oceans, stupid! « Climate Progress

Now I’m sure the deniers and delayers out there are shrieking, “There are peer reviewed analyses that document that upper ocean warming has halted since 2003!” — a claim I dealt with in my July post, “Like father, like son: Roger Pielke Sr. also doesn’t understand the science of global warming — or just chooses to willfully misrepresent it.”

Subsequently, however, another JGR article, “Global hydrographic variability patterns during 2003–2008” (subs. req’d, draft here) details an analysis of “monthly gridded global temperature and salinity fields from the near-surface layer down to 2000 m depth based on Argo measurements.” Background on Argo here. Their findings are summed up in this figure:

Figure [2]: Time series of global mean heat storage (0–2000 m), measured in 108 Jm-2.

Still warming, after all these years! And just where you’d expect it. The study makes clear that upper ocean heat content, perhaps not surprisingly, is simply far more variable than deeper ocean heat content, and thus an imperfect indicator of the long-term warming trend.

Your source is biased ... thus ... it's no more valid than any denying it.

I see. The Journal of Geophysical Research, Atmospheres is biased. Well yes, I suppose that they are. They are scientists, so they tend to be biased in letting the evidence speak for itself, rather than trying to present things as they think 'they ought to be'.

Whatever the bias of the source, when evidence is presented, best address the evidence.

I see. The Journal of Geophysical Research, Atmospheres is biased. Well yes, I suppose that they are. They are scientists, so they tend to be biased in letting the evidence speak for itself, rather than trying to present things as they think 'they ought to be'.

Whatever the bias of the source, when evidence is presented, best address the evidence.

Um ... no ... you pointed out that scientists are biased ... who pays these ones? How do they make money to live?

There is only one true scientific way to find out if the ocean is cooling or warming.

The Frogen shrinkage test.

If my penis shrinks to six inches, the ocean is dramatically cooling.

If the Australian Navy declares a massive urine spill off the coast of WA the ocean is warming.

And who pays the deniars? Not only do they get more money, they don't even have to work for it. Just stand and lie.

There is only one true scientific way to find out if the ocean is cooling or warming.

If the Australian Navy declares a massive urine spill off the coast of WA the ocean is warming.

I envy your remarkably large penis.

It only adds to the dissapointment of the confirmed fraud of global warming - it was my hope shrinkage would be in great decline with warmer temps. Alas, it was but a cruel hoax, and more shrinkage is surely to follow...

And who pays the deniars? Not only do they get more money, they don't even have to work for it. Just stand and lie.

Hmm ... sounds more like your scientists ... who pays them, you have already shown where some of the "deniers" (ie. true scientists) get paid, meh. Some get paid by oil, some by plastic companies (which your "alternative" fuels need more anyway, and which are made by oil) ... some get paid by governments, some get paid even by environmental groups with brains ... some not ... many of the "deniers" are funded by, and this is what none of your scientists can claim, themselves.

The ones funded by themselves all say your global warming is a hoax, and those are the only scientists I trust, the ones not paid by big companies or governments. ;)

Interesting that good, actual scientific measurement such as the Argo buoys is dismissed, simply because it proved the oceans have been and are cooling instead of warming.

Skeptical Science is a geered toward attacking anything that does not fanatically support AGW. It is what it is.

The data that they use to show that the cooling ocean is actually warming is only useful to support their goal when that data is changed. They do so with a complex and scientific method that turns actual data into actual doo-doo.

Here is another site that just looks at the actual data . The first link is the article and the second link is a graph that shows what the actual data reveals:

Jennifer Marohasy » Ocean Cooling Falsifies Global Warming Hypothesis

http://jennifermarohasy.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/dipuccio-2.jpg

I envy your remarkably large penis...

Even I do sometimes, and then it starts to call all the shots and gets us both in a lot of trouble.

:lol:
I gotta move your posts up into the must read category!

Initially I thought you unworthy of having Jack in your avatar - but Jack would surely approve of your eccentric contributions...

Frogen's cool ... he makes me laugh ... and I'm a prude. ;)

spam.gif
spam.jpg

Skeptical Science is a geered toward attacking anything that does not fanatically support AGW. It is what it is.

The data that they use to show that the cooling ocean is actually warming is only useful to support their goal when that data is changed. They do so with a complex and scientific method that turns actual data into actual doo-doo.

Here is another site that just looks at the actual data . The first link is the article and the second link is a graph that shows what the actual data reveals:

Jennifer Marohasy » Ocean Cooling Falsifies Global Warming Hypothesis

http://jennifermarohasy.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/dipuccio-2.jpg

Wrong, not all, just the ones you focus on because you can't face the others ...

... yet all the global warming supporters are aimed at targeting small companies and forcing them out of business while supporting their few selected companies and forcing the public to buy overpriced shit that doesn't even work right.

... sorry, but the little guy trying to make a name for themselves is more important than Gore Inc..

Well, I feel bad about your diminutive member. So sorry.

On the other hand, if it's any consolation, it sounds like you have one ENORMOUS

bladder!

:razz:

[On the other hand, if it's any consolation, it sounds like you have one ENORMOUS

bladder!

:razz:

When you drink as much as I do you have to have a bladder the size of a Panamanian super tanker. Either that or go live in a bathroom.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back