Zone1 Was Jesus Woke?

well if there is a god and jesus was who he said he was,he claims all god wants is for you to follow the 10 commandments and he will give you eternal life in a great paradise.....does that sound like a monster?.......
God acts exactly as if he doesn't exist. Now here's these mere humans telling me to live a fearful life of self-denial? Funny how these hell-fire and brimstone carnival barkers always need money.

Haha!... the strawman is over the top with this one!
Jesus - 'Throw out the worthless servant into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth".
Jesus - "Whoever causes a child to commit sin, it would be better for them to have a great millstone tied around their neck and thrown into the sea"
Jesus - "But as to the enemies of God, bring them to me and slaughter them before me"

Need a few dozen more?

HAHAHA
Yea…the first three did nothing to prove your point

Yea…the first three did nothing to prove your point
yeah they all did.
Jesus was not, at all, permissive or approve of sin FFS.
Really?
He sat with sinners to teach the elitist in the church to not treat sinful people as lepers, but teach them and bring them into the fold and worship God instead of sin.
Example, when he stopped the men from stoning a woman who committed adultery... he said to her "now depart from here, and sin no more"... he didn't defend what she did, or approve of what she did, but gave her mercy and told her to stop doing what she was doing.

You are going down a really bad path with this one RW.
I am not religious, but trying to say Jesus approves of wokism is not only absurd, but if there is a God... oof... you won't do well with this one.

yeah they all did.
Jesus was not, at all, permissive or approve of sin FFS.
Really?
He sat with sinners to teach the elitist in the church to not treat sinful people as lepers, but teach them and bring them into the fold and worship God instead of sin.
Example, when he stopped the men from stoning a woman who committed adultery... he said to her "now depart from here, and sin no more"... he didn't defend what she did, or approve of what she did, but gave her mercy and told her to stop doing what she was doing.

You are going down a really bad path with this one RW.
I am not religious, but trying to say Jesus approves of wokism is not only absurd, but if there is a God... oof... you won't do well with this one.

Jesus was crucified for being Woke

God acts exactly as if he doesn't exist. Now here's these mere humans telling me to live a fearful life of self-denial? Funny how these hell-fire and brimstone carnival barkers always need money.
How are the Ten Commandments fearful? Aren't they more like good advice on how to live a productive, happy life on earth?

How are the Ten Commandments fearful? Aren't they more like good advice on how to live a productive, happy life on earth?

Ten Commandments are scary…

You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

Last edited:
Jesus was crucified because the church and Roman leaders didn't like the fact he was gaining popularity and turning people against them.
Pilot washed his hands to symbolize he wanted no part in his murder, but gave into the church and the elites out of fear of his own position if he didn't.

Of course it does
Jesus preached for the acceptance of the outcasts
Such as the demons he cast out?
Jesus spoke a language of metaphor and enlightened mind. Such a person knows what to accept and what to reject.

Publicly advising people to turn away from sin to have forgiveness is being Woke? Discerning the will of God each day is being Woke? Are you sure you understand the definition of Woke? My understanding is that Woke is where one accepts and embraces sin as the proper way for people to live life. For example, if a parent complains about not being informed of schools informing parents of their child's life-changing decisions, that parent should lose their job! Let the schools take care of the private sexual matters of their students. Too bad since the parent was cancelled from their job the two are now homeless. Ain't Woke wonderful! Tyranny of the Minority. Is that the best way to live life here on earth?

You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

The rules are not fearful but the penalties are. Maybe the threat of eternal damnation keeps some people in line. I need no such coercion.

Ten Commandments are scary…

would you rather worship/ serve a phony god or the real thing?...

Jesus was crucified because the church and Roman leaders didn't like the fact he was gaining popularity and turning people against them.
Pilot washed his hands to symbolize he wanted no part in his murder, but gave into the church and the elites out of fear of his own position if he didn't.
Jesus was no threat to Rome. Rome cared not one whit about him.

And the church had nothing at all to do with his crucifixion.

Okay. Did you miss the part of scripture where the emotions of mankind are not the emotions of God?

Basically the First Commandment (even for atheists) is to give Goodness and Love first in all we do. If we make a sculpture first in our lives--that life is all about taking care of that sculpture ignoring everything else, it is going to have an effect on you and those around you. All your effort is not about loving others and doing good by them, it is about that statue. Children and loved ones are ignored and never learn the love and goodness of a parent in their life. Can you see that may have consequences that affect two or three generations? Can you see how life may have been different if one had put the ways of God (love and goodness) first?

Forum List

Back