They are busting Trump rght now in court

The money didn’t need to come from his business account. Doesn’t matter where it came from. It needed to be filed and reported correctly per campaign law. They filed it under legal expense which it wasn’t. They were hiding it.

Filed in an internal business document, which wasn’t anything the public had access to, so intent to defraud is not there.

The attempt to defraud was the hiding of a story that would have hurt his campaign. A week after the access Hollywood story and a weeks before the election… you bet they wanted this thing buried

Sure..but we’re talking about the charges Bragg filed. What you are talking about is federal campaign law issues…I’m talking about the court case at hand. Bragg isn’t prosecuting Trump for hiding a story, he’s prosecuting him for falsifying business records, using a law that requires intent to defraud…since the business records he allegedly falsified were internal and not privy to the public’s eye, it’s going to be hard to prove intent to defraud.

No, because the issue still remains. Trump and his lawyer discussed an NDA. He paid his lawyer’s legal bill.

There is nothing that counters that basic fact

He had his lawyer commit a crime. That's not a legal service.

it most certainly is. this crime is petty.

you people are pathetic and sad.

this is why you're losing.

False. The crime would have been petty if Trump doesn't falsify business recordsbto cover-up a crime. But it appears he did do that. That makes it a felony and felonies are not petty.

False. The crime would have been petty if Trump doesn't falsify business recordsbto cover-up a crime. But it appears he did do that. That makes it a felony and felonies are not petty.
what crime is he covering up?

Nope, I didn't. I've said said repeatedly it was the payment which was illegal, not the NDA. Not my problem you can't understand that.
NDA's often require payments. There is nothing illegal about requiring a payment in a NDA. In fact a contract requires some sort of consideration.

The campaign funds "thingy" is far from over.

I know, this is a touch more complicated than you guys are able to handle. Thank goodness this is before a New York jury, where people are more intelligent and educated.
You sure you want to go with that one? AOC springs to mind.

Forum List

Back