Since we believe that men and woman are equal

Since we believe that men and woman are equal. Why can't both sexes compete against each other in sports and why shouldn't all sports be made co-ed? Equality is winning or losing based on one merit.

A real equal society would design its sports around such concepts.
We can do that.

It’s stupid. But it’s possible.

The reason it’s stupid is because the equality of the two sexes isn’t fond in their physicality.

In general terms, Men are faster than women. They are stronger than women. The competitions will see women not winning almost ever.

The could be co ed leagues. But some sports simply wouldn't do it. There would be no co ed NFL, NHL, Boxing, MMA, or and of the international rugby or soccer leagues. Tennis already does it in doubles.

Curling has mixed doubles.

Equestrian sports men and women compete as equals. Horse racing uses weights to equalize the weight of riders and equipment.

In show jumping, eventing and dressage, the rider and equipment used to be weighted up to 165 lbs. but the sports are looking at the dangers of heavier weights on the horses causing injury and harm. OTOH, having a rider who is too small for size of the horse, can lead to rider injuries, and poor equine performance.

• Informative
Reactions: IM2
Ratings does not equate to ad revenue.

Furthermore, there is probably complex revenue sharing for the mens World Cup which is exponentially more bigger globally as the womens game, like in hockey; guarantees the same countries in the end for the most part whereas the mens World Cup is far more competitive globally.

If they deserve the pay they should demand it. This comes down to corporations and other revenue streams not just naked ratings.

Ad Revenue is ENTIRELY based on rating fools. The higher the ratings, the higher the cost of the ads. You're not going to buy ads on shows no one watches.

The US Soccer Assocation doesn't base it's athlete salaries on the Men's World Cup, . They base it on the revenues generated by their NATIONAL TEAMS. World Cup money is used to put on the World Cup, not to share it with federations.

• Fact
The men's World Cup is the most widely viewed televised event in the history of televised events. The women's Cup does not generate nearly the same interest. The men's Cup, therefore, has much more prize money to distribute. It's just economics.

Yes, the World Cup has more prize money to distribute, but the US Men's team isn''t winning ANY of it.

The US women are World Champions, so they get World Championship money, which isn't as much as the Men's World Championship money, but it's a WHOLE lot more than the US Men's team has won at the World Cup.

• Fact
In chess or in cards and mental things like that for example..... but not physical sports. NO WAY
Of course they can, I dont think there is anything stopping a female from playing in football or baseball or golf or soccer or basketball teams if they decide to try out

Since we believe that men and woman are equal. Why can't both sexes compete against each other in sports and why shouldn't all sports be made co-ed? Equality is winning or losing based on one merit.

Equal under the law, not equal in all situations.

Of course they can, I dont think there is anything stopping a female from playing in football or baseball or golf or soccer or basketball teams if they decide to try out

Exactly they're talking about males playing on female sports teams though.

Yes, the World Cup has more prize money to distribute, but the US Men's team isn''t winning ANY of it.

The US women are World Champions, so they get World Championship money, which isn't as much as the Men's World Championship money, but it's a WHOLE lot more than the US Men's team has won at the World Cup.
That's because they are paid by the international body, not an American body. The men's game is more popular and brings in far more money. It's just the way it is.

I spose. But if some women want to compete only against women (as they define them), it should be up to them. We sure as hell don't need government involved.

BULLSHIT. People in sports are paid on the basis of how much television revenue their sport brings in. It's why "small market teams" have less money. Fewer viewers. Fewer fans to buy tickets or merchandise, fewer television viewers, and less national news coverage.

Pretty sure I just said that. But there is also in person revenue. Baseball makes so much money because they play 165 games.

you also just made my point for me, women sports people are typically paid less because less people watch women's sports

Tennis is the highest paid sport in the world.

Period, End of story.

Nope, golfers can make way more than tennis players. This year between the PGA and the European league more than 200 golfers will make at least a million dollars, just in winnings. This does not include endorsements.

Pretty sure I just said that. But there is also in person revenue. Baseball makes so much money because they play 165 games.

you also just made my point for me, women sports people are typically paid less because less people watch women's sports

Nope, golfers can make way more than tennis players. This year between the PGA and the European league more than 200 golfers will make at least a million dollars, just in winnings. This does not include endorsements.

What's the prize money like for female golfers? I'd rather watch paint dry than either play or watch golf.

I follow baseball, tennis and figure skating avidly, curling, swimming, skiing, equestrian, basketball, less avidly, but all are sports I played and participated in, except figure skating.

Except for baseball and basketball, most of the sports I follow have gender parity. Skiing has long had parity in the prize money for men and women. Ditto tennis, figure skating, curling. 80% of all sports have gender equity in prize money, and funding.

American major sports leagues are the exception, not the rule.

• Informative
What's the prize money like for female golfers? I'd rather watch paint dry than either play or watch golf.

Less than for men, but still pretty good. I like golf, both watching and doing.

That is because there is no equity in how many watch. Plus there is no real alternative female version of any of them except basketball.

That's because they are paid by the international body, not an American body. The men's game is more popular and brings in far more money. It's just the way it is.
The mens game is more popular overseas. It brings in more money overseas. The United States mens team has yet to win a World Cup. The women have won several. Based on your claims of merit, the women should earn more than the men.

I follow baseball, tennis and figure skating avidly, curling, swimming, skiing, equestrian, basketball, less avidly, but all are sports I played and participated in, except figure skating.

Except for baseball and basketball, most of the sports I follow have gender parity. Skiing has long had parity in the prize money for men and women. Ditto tennis, figure skating, curling. 80% of all sports have gender equity in prize money, and funding.

The only women's sport I watch is beach volleyball.

The mens game is more popular overseas. It brings in more money overseas. The United States mens team has yet to win a World Cup. The women have won several. Based on your claims of merit, the women should earn more than the men.
A Logic primer might help you .

Women were never barred from men's sports.
You know this.

Women's sports were created to recognize the fact that women and men are equal but not the same.

Forum List

Back