Since we believe that men and woman are equal

Since we believe that men and woman are equal. Why can't both sexes compete against each other in sports and why shouldn't all sports be made co-ed? Equality is winning or losing based on one merit.

A real equal society would design its sports around such concepts.
"Equal" and "society" cannot coexist. Societies exist because people are not equal and need to band together.
Regardless, if you want to start a co-ed sports league, have at it.
The market will decide if it lives or dies.
My money will remain on the mens' leagues.

Since we believe that men and woman are equal. Why can't both sexes compete against each other in sports and why shouldn't all sports be made co-ed? Equality is winning or losing based on one merit.

Well now, I am a white woman and I think black women are equal to me. But not the SAME. Meaning, if I spend two hours in the sun in June you best believe I'm slathering the sunscreen. Does a black woman with darker skin need to slather too, is she greater or lesser because she doesn't--or just different?

(BTW, this is stupid. Even my very young students understand this.)

There are some sports were they do compete as equals.
Its a biological fact that men have more lung capacity, thus they have more endurance. Their skeletal structure has also evolved to bear more weight and take on more stress. They just have more upper body strength naturally. Now sure you can find a few women who can buck that trend and out perform the average man in some areas, but thats usually going to be with some intense training, and you put them up against men wo are also superb athletes , just forget it.

Its th ereason you see transgendered men competeing in girls sports but not the other way around.
Sorry, its just that way. Women may otherwise be injured and for the most part, they WANT to have their own sport that belongs to them alone.

There are also trans male athletes who compete with men,

The rules for trans women competing are that they have to be on testosterone blockers for at least 12 months. The swimmer who won an NCAA event, was swimming in her FIRST women's competition, and that's the fastest meet she ever swam. The longer she was been on testosterone blockers, the slower her times. She's finished her NCAA career as a middle of the pack swimmer, the same as when she competed with the men.

Renee Richards was never a great tennis player. Trans women really don't have any physical advantages over biological women.

This is just another right wing faux outrage machine hit job.

THIS is why REAL women athletes really don't care if there are trans women in the competition.

Well now, I am a white woman and I think black women are equal to me. But not the SAME. Meaning, if I spend two hours in the sun in June you best believe I'm slathering the sunscreen. Does a black woman with darker skin need to slather too, is she greater or lesser because she doesn't--or just different?

(BTW, this is stupid. Even my very young students understand this.)

Dark skinned people burn too, and they also use sunscreen. They don't turn red, but they do blister and peel. You really don't know any black people, do you?

Really fucking stupid analogy, BTW.

The rules for trans women competing are that they have to be on testosterone blockers for at least 12 months. The swimmer who won an NCAA event, was swimming in her FIRST women's competition, and that's the fastest meet she ever swam. The longer she was been on testosterone blockers, the slower her times. She's finished her NCAA career as a middle of the pack swimmer, the same as when she competed with the men.

Renee Richards was never a great tennis player. Trans women really don't have any physical advantages over biological women.

THIS is why REAL women athletes really don't care if there are trans women in the competition.

If men and woman want to compete with each other..FINE! but lets not force it on any woman who doesnt want to compete with a biological man. Why pretend that women and men are physical equals? its not necessary. I really cant believe that you speak for all REAL women atheletes on this matter, AND why is this even a right or left issue?

You dont realize Men typically have more Muscle mass and greater bone density? 10 % larger lung capacity?
its a physical advantage.

Dark skinned people burn too, and they also use sunscreen. They don't turn red, but they do blister and peel. You really don't know any black people, do you?

Oh is this like saying "men can get pregnant"?

Note I didn't say "black people can't burn". I specifically used the window of two hours with dark skin. But right, the dark skin is a whole accident and has no biological basis, like, you know, melanin.

Oh and BTW, the CDC disagrees that my analogy is stupid:

Here’s a look at the percentage of people from different backgrounds who experienced at least one sunburn in the last year, according to the CDC dataTrusted Source:

• almost 66 percent of white women and just over 65 percent of white men
  • just over 38 percent of Hispanic women and 32 percent of Hispanic men
  • about 13 percent of black women and 9 percent of men

And this is why you can't share a nation with Leftists. You state biological facts; they basically call you racists. I mean, there is NO FACT MORE BIOLOGICALLY SOUND than darker skin has more melanin and does not burn as easily. There is no judgment in that statement. It is just fact.

But you make this point and the miserable Leftists cry and call you a hater bigot for noticing biology.

What a time to be alive

Is that why several college WOMEN athletes are speaking out AGAINST this crap? You really don't keep up with things do you?

Since we believe that men and woman are equal. can't both sexes compete against each other in sports and why shouldn't all sports be made co-ed? Equality is winning or losing based on one merit.

You cant be serious

The word “equal” has a different meaning than “the same”

Men and women are equal in the Eyes of God

He loves both

But they are definitely not the same

all fields should have mandates forcing them to be 50/50 men and woman. Doesn't matter what it is.
You're joking, right ???

Quotas based on sex, race, ethnic or any other non-job/task related factors are disasters waiting to happen.

"all fields" should be filled by merit, knowledge, and skill suited to do the best job.
You want the surgeon cutting into you there based on EEO or because they passed medical school and know what they are doing?
You want to fly with a "pilot" that is at controls because of EEO, or because they put in the hours and passed the tests to qualify.

It is Fake because
1. You speak for yourself not everybody ( We )
2.You use your preferred conclusion as an unproven assumption .
Logically it is gobbledygook .

If you had defined the two genders in terms of opportunities or even Value , things might have gone better for you .
Though I very much doubt it .

In other words ... let's not hire ANYONE based on race or sex but, rather, on merit, talent, ability, intelligence, experience, and overall value. I like the idea!

Forum List

Back