If You could get rich by being a criminal, would you?

ScorpioRising007

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2015
If someone presented you with an opportunity to make a lot of money even if it was illegal and breaking the law would you still do it?

If I was honest with that question my answer would be I might just take that person up on that offer if the price was right.

Often we try to be good law abiding citizens, but I understand for some money talks and the temptation becomes too great to break the law in order to live the good life and have more money. Eventually you know you will get caught, but you enjoy the good life while it lasts.

Take Bernie Madoff for example. If you could pull off a Ponzi scheme for even a decade before going to prison would you anyway? Knowing you will get caught? To be honest I think I would. To be that rich for 10 years in exchange for prison for the rest of your life, may be worth it to some especially if your approaching middle age soon. The opportunity to have the lifestyle of the rich and famous and live life lavishly even for a few years before you go to prison I might consider a price well worth it.

What are your thoughts?

If someone presented you with an opportunity to make a lot of money even if it was illegal and breaking the law would you still do it?

If I was honest with that question my answer would be I might just take that person up on that offer if the price was right.

Often we try to be good law abiding citizens, but I understand for some money talks and the temptation becomes too great to break the law in order to live the good life and have more money. Eventually you know you will get caught, but you enjoy the good life while it lasts.

Take Bernie Madoff for example. If you could pull off a Ponzi scheme for even a decade before going to prison would you anyway? Knowing you will get caught? To be honest I think I would. To be that rich for 10 years in exchange for prison for the rest of your life, may be worth it to some especially if your approaching middle age soon. The opportunity to have the lifestyle of the rich and famous and live life lavishly even for a few years before you go to prison I might consider a price well worth it.

What are your thoughts?

In short, no. It depends on the crime though and money I am offered if I am more honest. We all have temptation, I am just too relaxed generally to succumb to it at my age.

I would be more apt to break a law if it meant saving someone elses life.

G-d outlined how we should live our lives. To betray this for a bit of gold in our world, a short existence even if we lived to be 120 years; seems to be to be illogical and a horrible tradeoff. I'd prefer the freedom to earn fairly than to steal.

What are your thoughts?
No

What are your thoughts?
I mean in this hypothetical scenario we know that we get caught in 10 years, so couldnt we just spend those 10 years hiding shitload of gold, bearer bonds, diamonds and cash? Get plastic surgery and fake papers in some foreign country? Live on a beach the rest of your life?

What are your thoughts?

Nope.

What are your thoughts?
Ethically speaking, if i magically KNEW that I wouldnt get caught (like from a genie wish or something), then yes, I would break the law for a truckload of money. Like a 2 a.m. bank heist where no one is going to get hurt? Yeah. :dunno:

Only if I was a dem politician....I mean as long as you suck-up to the party there are never any repercussions.

I mean look how long the Mayor from Hell, Tiffany Henyard, has been getting away with her criminal activity.

Maybe I'd need blackface and a weave though. ;)

OIP.7JBJso8K4wpBRLwGnQpVFwHaEK

No, the law catches up to you sooner or later. I have seen it happen more than once.
Not if you go into politics. Billy Bulger has been collecting more than a quarter million dollars a year for 20+ years, from his three taxpayer-funded pensions. (State senate, MBTA, UMass)

Forum List

Back