How do you reconcile a FEDERAL law legalizing abortion with the Tenth Amendment?

StatesRightsForever

May 1, 2024
The 10A in its entirety says:
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor
prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to
the people."

Since abortion is never mentioned or implied anywhere in the constitution, it is a state issue. Any attempt by the feds to legalize it will be struck down by the Supreme Court.

the people."

Since abortion is never mentioned or implied anywhere in the constitution, it is a state issue. Any attempt by the feds to legalize it will be struck down by the Supreme Court.
All depends on whether you believe in penumbras. :dunno:

the people."

thats easy,,

protecting human life let alone an innocent child is a national issue,,

if its OK to murder an innocent child in the womb it should be legal to murder anyone,,
do you want to live in that world??

the people."

Who are you to decide medical procedures a Woman can under go? For years you bitched not having the government in Doctors Office and now you do.

the people."

#1 And this is a weird thing for me about language. States don't have rights. People have rights. State have powers.

#2 I'm fine with states having their own laws about abortion in their states.

#3 However at the point where states attempt to restrict traveling out of state (either criminally or civilly) then they begin to run afoul of the commerce clause which provides the federal government the ability make laws about interstate commerce.

#4 Finally the federal government does have the ability to set conditions on how federal dollars are spent. If a state doesn't want federal dollars for certain types of programs (MediCare, MedicAid, TRICARE). Then they can forgo federal rules.
If a state want's to ban all abortions, I'm fine with that. If a state wants viability as the marker? I'm fine with that also. If third trimester abortions are limited to life/health of the mother or a fetus that can't survive I'm fine with that.

WW

Last edited:
I bet you think all abortions involve pulling a baby out and killing them, don't you incel?
normally its killed before its removed,,

if a doctor removed the child and then killed it he would go to jail,,

we need to make it illegal regardless of the geography of the child,,

Forum List

Back