US Message Board 🦅

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

do you have any German speaking ancestors?

have you?

• not that i know of …

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Zebra

Gold Member
Reaction score
i have, of course …,

many of them. ,,,,

ekrem

Silver Member
Reaction score
Slow down your German-themed stories.
History is being written by victorious powers.
Probably there are more pure Germans in USA then GI / Soviet mass-raped so-called Germans in Germany.
Are you a bastard ?

luiza

Diamond Member
Reaction score
It's Russian you Germs need .
Go away and start to learn the Top Gun lingo before Dear Uncle's brave boys come marching into Berlin .

DudleySmith

Diamond Member
Reaction score
A few aunts and uncles. Grandparents on my father's side were German speakers even after several generations in the U.S. from the 1830's. There is still a large Czech speaking population here, as well as some towns in central Texas where German is still the local language after English. Don't speak it myself. I think there are enclaves in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, where there are a lot of Germans.

Zebra

Gold Member
Reaction score
A few aunts and uncles. Grandparents on my father's side were German speakers even after several generations in the U.S. from the 1830's. There is still a large Czech speaking population here, as well as some towns in central Texas where German is still the local language after English. Don't speak it myself.
A few aunts and uncles. Grandparents on my father's side were German speakers even after several generations in the U.S. from the 1830's. There is still a large Czech speaking population here, as well as some towns in central Texas where German is still the local language after English. Don't speak it myself.

ok!

👑👑👑🎂🎂🎂🍫🍫🍫

gtopa1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Grandad's new wife after Grandma died in Childbirth in the 1930s was German. No Blood Relations though that I am aware of.

Greg

Zebra

Gold Member
Reaction score
A few aunts and uncles. Grandparents on my father's side were German speakers even after several generations in the U.S. from the 1830's. There is still a large Czech speaking population here, as well as some towns in central Texas where German is still the local language after English. Don't speak it myself. I think there are enclaves in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, where there are a lot of Germans.

so you can vote yes. 🍰🍰🍰🍰🍫🍫🎂👑🍰

Anathema

Crotchety Olde Man
Reaction score
Yes. When my great-grandparents arrived on the shores of America in 1910 the both spoke… German, Polish, and Russian fluently. They spoke passable English and bits of French, Czech, and Slovak.

My great-grandfather refused to let any of his eight children learn any language other than English. “”You are an American. Americans speak English.” as my grandfather remembered him saying.

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Reaction score
My grandfather also like to point out that he knew how to speak 7 languages, and German was definitely one of them.

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Reaction score
My Grandmother was German
She saw Hitler speak in Munich in the 1920s

DudleySmith

Diamond Member
Reaction score
My grandfather also like to point out that he knew how to speak 7 languages, and German was definitely one of them.

Euros have a lot more opportunities to speech multiple languages. Here we got a couple of courses in school and never go to use them anywhere. The internet helps with written languages these days, but in the past it was just English or some dialect of Spanish and Spanglish you would never see or hear in school. Use it or lose it, as the saying goes.

Zebra

Gold Member
Reaction score
with german speaking i meant …..

from german speaking countries

Forum List