US Message Board 🦅

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dan Wesson Kodiak

westwall

WHEN GUNS ARE BANNED ONLY THE RICH WILL HAVE GUNS
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had been thinking about picking one of these up for a while, I already have a Delta Elite, but I like the performance edge that the longer barrel gives so I placed the order a few months ago, and it finally got here.

Still cleaning the oil off, but damn, the trigger is outstanding.

We are still getting snow here so I might just drop down to Carson City and use their 300 yard range to break it in.

Attachments

• 20240413_151927.jpg
    20240413_151927.jpg
    534.8 KB · Views: 4

westwall

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful handgun, even if the MSRP is $2,499.00.

Kodiak - Dan Wesson Firearms
Yeah, it's a bit spendy, but quality costs. I'm willing to pay for quality. Now I want to see how it does on the range. I have 500 rounds of various loads, so I will be able to see what it likes, and doesn't like.

JGalt

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a bit spendy, but quality costs. I'm willing to pay for quality. Now I want to see how it does on the range. I have 500 rounds of various loads, so I will be able to see what it likes, and doesn't like.

I haven't done any handloads for a 10mm because I don't have one yet. But I do look at commercial loads and load them up around their velocity, or a little lower for accuracy.

10mm is pretty impressive velocity and power-wise...

10mm Auto Ballistics Chart | Ballistics 101

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I haven't done any handloads for a 10mm because I don't have one yet. But I do look at commercial loads and load them up around their velocity, or a little lower for accuracy.

I considered a 10mm of some flavor because, as you say, the ballistics are impressive but never "pulled the trigger" because I did not want to get into another caliber at this point.

A PCC in 10mm would be nice but selection is sorta limited.....The CMMG Banshee Mk10 is the most "AR" of the bunch.....Teamed with a Glock 10mm it would be a potent same caliber handgun/carbine combination.

CMMG-10mm.jpg

Last edited:

westwall

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Most of the commercial loadings are pretty anemic. I have a bunch of the old Norma ammunition that is loaded to full spec. That stuff packs a wallop!

Forum List