US Message Board 🦅

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1995 Remington 870 Police Magnum 12 ga Shotgun....LEO Trade-in

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I ran across this shotgun the other day. A local PD traded a bunch of their shotguns in. I paid $225.00. The last PD trade-in I bought was $175.00 so prices a going up as PDs trade them in.

pm 001 (2).JPG

pm 003 (2).JPG

Other than the worn metal finish it's in great shape with plain walnut wood.....20" Improved Cylinder barrel, a two-round Wilson Combat extension....7 + 1 capacity with 2.75" shells.

It had a sidesaddle spare shell carrier but I removed it in favor of a leather buttstock shell carrier I had. I don't care for the sidesaddle type shell carriers.

The 870 Police Magnums sported better springs/extractor, a metal trigger housing, and a factory smoothed action, very slick....They all had the updated shell carrier.

They are chambered for either 3" or 2.75" shells. This one came with a sling but I'm not that much on slings for a fighting shotgun.

Very potent medicine for a HD gun. ;)

Last edited:

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Well done! I have owned a Rem. 870 for many years, and it has been bullet-proof, no matter what I asked of it.

White 6

Diamond Member
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran across this shotgun the other day. A local PD traded a bunch of their shotguns in. I paid $225.00. The last PD trade-in I bought was $175.00 so prices a going up as PDs trade them in.

View attachment 910314

View attachment 910315

Other than the worn metal finish it's in great shape with plain walnut wood.....20" Improved Cylinder barrel, a two-round Wilson Combat extension....7 + 1 capacity with 2.75" shells.

It had a sidesaddle spare shell carrier but I removed it in favor of a leather buttstock shell carrier I had. I don't care for the sidesaddle type shell carriers.

The 870 Police Magnums sported better springs, a metal trigger housing, and a factory smoothed action, very slick....They all had the updated shell carrier.

They are chambered for either 3" or 2.75" shells. This one came with a sling but I'm not that much on slings for a fighting shotgun.

Very potent medicine for a HD gun. ;)
Very nice!

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Well done! I have owned a Rem. 870 for many years, and it has been bullet-proof, no matter what I asked of it.
Yep, I just gave my grandson the one my dad bought in the late 50s with the corncob forend. We won many a shooting match with it....I have one I hunt with and a new 12 and 20 ga still in their boxes.

I remember one night we took home everything at a Jaycees sponsored match but 5# of sausage! I sort of wanted that sausage because I knew who made it....Oh well.

The Lord only knows how much game between the two of us....Hopefully the grandkid will carry on with it. I gave him both the 32" full choke barrel it came with and a 28" modified barrel.

westwall

WHEN GUNS ARE BANNED ONLY THE RICH WILL HAVE GUNS
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice pickup.

para bellum

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have one very similar but synthetic furniture. It'll get the job done...

870tac.jpg

Forum List