Why are Democrats against Voter ID?

Although, MAGAT Leftists are never able to identify this claimed voter suppression.
It is exhaustively identified, from arbitrary voting ID, to lack of voting facilities, to repressive regulations when waiting to vote.

It is so egregious it is recognised as a matter of fact in, I suppose, what must be MAGAT leftist international media.

2. Voter suppression

Huge turnout in the 2020 election was all the more impressive given barriers to voting. “We have seen this cycle an effort by the Republican party to make it harder, wherever possible, to vote – especially for black and minority populations,” Bassin said.
He added: “I don’t know of another advanced democracy in the world where one of the two major political parties has invested in voter suppression as a core strategy.”
Among the tactics on display were inaccurate purges of citizens from voter rolls, Trump’s active undermining of the US Postal Service, and malicious robocalls in areas with large black populations such as Flint, Michigan.
A Harris county employee walks inside the downtown Harris county clerk’s office, which was banned from serving as a mail ballot drop-off site after Governor Greg Abbott issued an order limiting each Texas county to one mail ballot drop-off site, in Houston, Texas.
The downtown Harris county clerk’s office in Houston, Texas, which was banned from serving as a mail ballot drop-off site after Governor Greg Abbott issued an order limiting each county to one site. Photograph: Callaghan O’Hare/Reuters
One of the most egregious examples of voter suppression this cycle was in Florida. In 2018 Floridians handed back the right to vote to those with felony convictions, technically welcoming 1.4 million people back into democratic participation.
Florida’s Republicans immediately set about undermining the will of the electorate, putting in place a bureaucratic maze that former felons had to negotiate before they could vote. It was so convoluted that almost 900,000 people were still disenfranchised on election day – including about one in every six black Floridians of voting age.
Combatting voter suppression is central to HR1, the democracy reform bill championed by the Democrats in Congress. But for the past 245 days it has been stymied in the Senate by Mitch McConnell, the Republican majority leader, and pending two runoff elections in Georgia he is likely to continue to be a roadblock.
In that case focus is likely to shift over the next two years to the US justice department which has become virtually inactive in this area under Trump. Under Biden, the DoJ can be expected to re-engage, enforcing access to voting and prosecuting election-law violations.

Although, MAGAT Leftists are never able to identify this claimed voter suppression.
after Shelby County v. Holder decision, Texas moved to introduce a strict voter ID law at midnight after the Supreme Court decision was handed down in 2013. That law resulted in the ineligibility of an estimated 608,470 registered voters in Texas, representing a total of about 4.5% of registered voters in the state at the time.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
after Shelby County v. Holder decision, Texas moved to introduce a strict voter ID law at midnight after the Supreme Court decision was handed down in 2013. That law resulted in the ineligibility of an estimated 608,470 registered voters in Texas, representing a total of about 4.5% of registered voters in the state at the time.

You should have filed a challenge to the court order.

Look at all the election fraud it took to put Biden in the WH. Now, after 3 1/2 years of total failure, Biden is going to have to depend on fraud and corruption even more this time. That's why he left 20 million illegals break into our country, that's why he's falsely prosecuting Trump, that's why he's depriving his opponents of their right of free speech, that's why he allows social media to feed the voters propaganda and contribute hundreds of millions of dollars to Democrats, that's why he's pushing uncheckable mail in ballots, that's why he fights against purging ineligible voters from voting rolls and that's why he will never pass a requirement to have an ID to vote, Back to MAGA before it's too late

The UK has voter ID, and we manage. Are you yanks struggling with something that's basic?

Can you manage driving licences and passports? Or are those tricky too?
Acceptable IDs vary. And the costs and locations to get a valid ID takes it near impossible for a large segment of the population to get one.

I have never seen a NRA card so can't comment.
A University ID could work if the state showed a voter ID number issued by the State plus confirmed them to be a citizen.
A Drivers license works where States investigate the party as to being citizen and the age is verified on the License.
A Passport I am not sure about. I don't have one and do not comment on things I have no personal knowledge of.
A Library card could work if the State shows the license number, date of birth and did proper investigation to verify party as a citizen.
Idaho vetted me by seeing my Birth certificate, verifying my address is in Idaho and uses my Drivers license with all date as proof.
Clarification: Passports are valid for any US transaction.

Lets make a state ID available at any courthouse, library, police station, tax office, and library.

Lets make elections require a state ID.

Acceptable IDs vary. And the costs and locations to get a valid ID takes it near impossible for a large segment of the population to get one.
Total nonsense. Anyone can get a photo ID. Conservatives states have offered to supply them. Leftwingers STILL oppose them.

Forum List

Back