The Questions that Global Warming Concerned People have Not Answered in this Forum

I don't understand why these questions are so hard. If you have missed them thus far, they are:
I don't understand either. I can easily answer them.
1) Is there evidence of a steady rise in the Earth's temperature, say since the industrial revolution?
No. It is not possible to measure Earth's temperature to any usable accuracy.

Temperature variance per square mile is too high (which also means a very high margin of error). The locations of the thermometers aren't uniformly spaced (leading to location bias). The thermometers aren't all simultaneously read by the same observer (leading to time bias). And on and on...
2) Is there proof that this rise is caused by human activity, and that nothing else could be the cause?
There's no proof. It is simply weather, a natural occurrence.
3) What are the steps we should take to stop or reverse this human-caused global warming?
None are necessary. The "problem" is imaginary. Notice how the "solution" always involves more government power over you and more of your hard earned money being siphoned away from you and into the pockets of corrupt politicians and the multinational corporations and government bureaucracies that they serve?
4) How much will those steps cost, in terms of tax dollars spent, and lost opportunities, including lost opportunities for developing nations to grow and prosper, and for developed countries to innovate?
An unfathomable amount.
5) By how much will that proposed expendature reduce the Earth's temperature, and how do we know that?
Zero. The laws of science aren't affected by fiat money. The Sun still heats the Earth all the same, so Earth's temperature remains the same (whatever it is).

I got a "Question #6" to add to your list... Where is the additional energy coming from that is required to increase Earth's temperature?
If you cannot answer each of these questions, with evidence, not just guesses or links, then any policy you advocate based on "global warming" have no basis in evidence.
Right. Same with my question #6 that I added.

They can't answer these questions because their religion (Church of Global Warming) is just a wacky religion that denies science, math, and logic.

All of your questions have been answered and what has been most clearly demonstrated is that you LIE.
Nope; the issue is YOUR'S.

Your answer #1 appealed to made up numbers, not valid data, so it is summarily dismissed.

Your answer #2 is redefining what science is. Science doesn't make use of supporting evidence (that's what RELIGIONS do). Science only makes use of conflicting evidence. Also, holy links are not valid sources (summarily dismissed).

Your answer #3 appeals to an undefined buzzword ('greenhouse gas"). There is no such thing. Any attempt that I've ever seen to define the term denies science.

Your answer #4 is just holy links of government propaganda. Summarily dismissed.

RE: your answer #5: Where is the additional energy coming from that is required to increase Earth's temperature?

All we can know is, you need to pay higher taxes, eat bugs, and do what the WEF tells you to do, like drive electric cars and don't have children.

It really is that simple.
Funny how that's always the "solution" to the "problem", isn't it?

I have repeatedly explained to you that posting links as a reading assignment is not an answer to a question, nor is it debate. If you would like to debate, I stand ready anytime.

Would you like to take it a simple step at a time? Start by stating in your own words, whether or not the rise in purported global warming has been steady since the industrial revolution. That could just be a yes or no.
He can't state anything in his own words. Government propaganda is all that he has. He denies science in favor of it.

6) Should we waste trillions and harm our economy to cut CO2 a little while
China increases CO2 a lot?
Yup. Funny how it's just a "Western nation" thing, eh? Why aren't the "Eastern nations" participating in this economic dumpster fire?

There's a global cleaving going on, and the "Western nations" are destroying themselves and their world influence because of it.

"Renewables" (meaning wind and solar) are two of the MOST EXPENSIVE forms of energy. Coal, oil, natural gas are all MUCH cheaper.

Hydro is renewable ... why do you think drying clothes outside on a line using solar energy is more expensive than a gas or electric dryer? ... why do you think growing our own vegetables is more expensive than trucking them in from California? ...

Your money, I don't care ...

Hydro is renewable...
My experience in dam construction is that it always generates a huge negative local community conflict.

Hydro dams are typically designed for only 500 years after which the reservoir is silted up and it's unusable. The sun will only be available for half a billion years after which it will heat up making life on the planet impossible. Nothing lasts forever and nothing is sustainable. We simply are left with the choices we have today, one step at a time. For the most part the world is choosing hydrocarbons and after several centuries of use we still have no shortages.

My expectation is for this continuing for many more centuries along with a concurrent objection from those worried about sustainability. Seems to work pretty well.

My experience in dam construction is that it always generates a huge negative local community conflict.

Hydro dams are typically designed for only 500 years after which the reservoir is silted up and it's unusable. The sun will only be available for half a billion years after which it will heat up making life on the planet impossible. Nothing lasts forever and nothing is sustainable. We simply are left with the choices we have today, one step at a time. For the most part the world is choosing hydrocarbons and after several centuries of use we still have no shortages.

My expectation is for this continuing for many more centuries along with a concurrent objection from those worried about sustainability. Seems to work pretty well.

First off ... I said RENEWABLE ... not CARBON-NEUTRAL ... hydro is anything BUT carbon-neutral ... #6 source of atmospheric carbon dioxide is cement ... environmentally horrific ... don't get me started ...

Second off ... we gave them Indians GOOD LAND up on the high desert ... most were dead by then anyway so who cares we flooded their sacred fishing grounds ...

The dams killed all the fish anyway ... no wait, climate changed killed all the fish ... not gill nets ... the dams and climate change ... and silting, nice one ... run-of-the-river dams silt up faster than you'd expect ... that silting kills fish bigly ...

Oil profits fund Hamas ... Bonneville Power Administration profits don't ... that's a better reason to curtail fossil fuel use ...

Hydro is renewable ... why do you think drying clothes outside on a line using solar energy is more expensive than a gas or electric dryer? ... why do you think growing our own vegetables is more expensive than trucking them in from California? ...

hydro is limited. right? So although renewable, it is restricted.

Hydro is renewable ...
Right. And so is oil.
why do you think drying clothes outside on a line using solar energy is more expensive than a gas or electric dryer?
I don't.

You are now off topic. The topic is about generating energy. Hanging clothes outside on a clothes line does not involve generating energy.

An apples/apples comparison would involve using rooftop solar panels to generate electricity to power your electric dryer (instead of using electricity generated from a coal fired power plant to power your electric dryer). In this case, it's much cheaper to generate that electricity using coal than it is using solar panels.
... why do you think growing our own vegetables is more expensive than trucking them in from California? ...
I don't. Again, you are off topic. Now even more-so than before. FOCUS!
Yup. I don't care if you decide to blow tens of thousands of dollars on rooftop solar panels (to pre-pay for your electricity) when you'd be so much further ahead to simply invest that money.

Last edited:
Modern CO2 must be different, an isotope. There's a 450,000 year side by side dataset showing that CO2 LAGS temperature on both increase AND decrease by 800 to 1,000 years.

That is until 1850!

That's when the modern America CO2 isotope was invented, the one that DRIVES manmade global climate warming change!

Science is settled! Death to the Deniers!

hydro is limited. right? So although renewable, it is restricted.

It's also carbon-intense and horrific for the environment ... running water isn't all that restrictive ... unreliable ... but not restricted ...

I advocate conservation ... using less energy ... rather than building more power plants ... have your wallet decide ... if renewables aren't economical, then skip them ... we don't put solar panels on coal seams ...

The bad side of abundant and cheapest-in-the-nation hydro is it rains every day all day long ... blue sky is a myth (or pollution from China) ... even the police are too depressed to go on calls ... just hateful away from the tourist spots ...

Modern CO2 must be different, an isotope.

This is true ... serious ... "natural" carbon would have been exposed to cosmic rays on a regular basis and some being transmuted to heavier isotopes ... fossil fuel carbon has all decayed to her stable form ... this ruined one type of carbon dating ...

That is until 1850!

1796 ... the year James Watt sold his first "modern" steam engine to a brewery ... because industrialism started with beer ...

This is true ... serious ... "natural" carbon would have been exposed to cosmic rays on a regular basis and some being transmuted to heavier isotopes ... fossil fuel carbon has all decayed to her stable form ... this ruined one type of carbon dating ...

1796 ... the year James Watt sold his first "modern" steam engine to a brewery ... because industrialism started with beer ...

Nature didn’t predict current democrats.

Forum List

Back