US Message Board 🦅

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remember John Edwards?

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Reaction score
That was during the primary....Demoncrats got rid of him, not republicans.

Also, a really shitty false equivalence.

You really suck at rewriting history...Should prolly take up knitting.
"Republicans were fine with prosecuting him for it."

Procrustes Stretched

Reaction score
No, the jury said what he did wasn't a crime. Why don't you have any respect for the rule of law?
Why do you keep misrepresenting the facts?

On May 31, 2012, Edwards was found not guilty on Count 3, illegal use of campaign funding (contributions from Rachel "Bunny" Mellon), while mistrials were declared on all other counts against him.[2] On June 13, 2012, the Justice Department announced that it dropped the charges and would not attempt to retry Edwards.[3] - Wikipedia entry

Indictment and trial​

On May 24, 2011, ABC News and the New York Times reported that the U.S Department of Justice's Public Integrity Section had conducted a two-year investigation into whether Edwards had used more than $1 million in political donations to hide his affair and planned to pursue criminal charges for alleged violations of campaign finance laws.[121][122][123]

On June 3, 2011, Edwards was indicted by a federal grand jury in North Carolina on six felony charges, including four counts of collecting illegal campaign contributions, one count of conspiracy, and one count of making false statements.[124]

After postponing the start of the trial while Edwards was treated for a heart condition in February 2012, Judge Catherine Eagles of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina scheduled jury selection to begin on April 12, 2012.[125] Edwards's trial began on April 23, 2012, as he faced up to 30 years in prison and a $1.5 million fine.[126]

In a related development, on March 13, 2012, the Federal Election Commission ruled that Edwards's campaign must repay $2.1 million in matching federal funds. Edwards's lawyers claimed the money was used, and that the campaign did not receive all the funds to which it was entitled, but the Commission rejected the arguments.[127]

Twelve jurors and four alternates were seated, and opening arguments began April 23, 2012.[128] Closing arguments took place May 17, and the case went to the jury the next day.[129]

On May 31, 2012, Edwards was found not guilty on Count 3, illegal use of campaign funding (contributions from Rachel "Bunny" Mellon), while mistrials were declared on all other counts against him.[2] On June 13, 2012, the Justice Department announced that it dropped the charges and would not attempt to retry Edwards.[3]

Return to law practice​

After his political career ended, Edwards, along with attorneys David Kirby and William Bystrynski, founded the law firm Edwards Kirby in Raleigh, specializing in medical malpractice cases.[49] In 2015, his daughter Cate was the managing attorney of the San Diego office of the firm.[130]

whitehall

Diamond Member
Reaction score
What is it with the crazy left these days? They defend the grooming of kids in schools by drag queens but they are shocked by an alleged extra marital affair.

Procrustes Stretched

Reaction score
What is it with the crazy left these days? They defend the grooming of kids in schools by drag queens but they are shocked by an alleged extra marital affair.
Right. Stop whining. Move over. Leave the country.

The left is taking over. Next, they'll be storming legislative houses in order to stop elections of rightwingers.

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Nobody is grooming kids.

No one ever became gay because they saw a man in a dress. If they did, Bugs Bunny would have made us all gay.

Your party impeached a president over a blow job.

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Reaction score

Procrustes Stretched

Reaction score
The jury acquitted him on only one charge.

The other five were deadlocked.
Mistrials. The DOJ dropped further charges and decided not to retry. Because the charges were weak.

Comparing Trump and Edwards is apples and oranges, although both fruit there are distinctions with differences.

sartre play

Gold Member
Reaction score

Couchpotato

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Clinton didn't rape anyone.

All of those women were proven to be liars. Even Ken Starr didn't really believe them.
Come on. Juanita Broderick? the 11 other women who have accused him of sexual assault or misconduct? Lewinsky, while it was consensual was clearly textbook sexual harassment. All the ties to Epstein. I'm not even sure why you're trying to defend him. Clinton was a serial SA'er.

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Come on. Juanita Broderick? the 11 other women who have accused him of sexual assault or misconduct? Lewinsky, while it was consensual was clearly textbook sexual harassment. All the ties to Epstein. I'm not even sure why you're trying to defend him. Clinton was a serial SA'er.

Juanita Broderick was a liar.

She filed two affidavits claiming she never had sex with Clinton. She continued to work on Clinton's political campaigns and events and accepted an appointment to a state board by Clinton. This is not what a rape victim does.

Most of the "other 11 women" have said the encounters were consensual. At least one (the one from England) isn't even a real person. Sure, Clinton associated with Epstein, but so did Trump.

He was an adulterer. So were Henry Hyde and Newt Gingrich, who still impeached him over the blow job without a single twinge of irony.

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Reaction score
yeah because campaign finance violations are illegal. Edwards paying off his mistress while tawdry isnt illegal. Using campaign funds to do it on the other hand is a felony.
Except Edwards used campaign funds and didn't report it. Instead, he had a staffer claim HE was the father or Reille's baby. The Staffer was paid off, too.

struth

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Wasn’t chosen was he?

You morons will select Trump regardless if what he does
How the fuk can you support Trump after Jan 6?

WTF is wrong with you?
Because Trump didn't do what Edwards did. It's a false comparison.

Forum List