Remember John Edwards?

Hey remember when John Edwards used campaign funds to hide an extra-marital affair with Reille Hunter?

Republicans were fine with prosecuting him for it.

On June 3, 2011, Edwards was indicted by a North Carolina grand jury on six felony charges. He faced a maximum sentence of thirty years in prison and a $1.5 million fine, or a USD250,000 fine and/or five years imprisonment per charge.[108] The indictment came after the failure of intensive negotiations for a plea bargain. The agreement would have meant that Edwards would have been required to plead guilty to three misdemeanor campaign finance law violations, in addition to a six-month prison sentence, but would have allowed Edwards to keep his law license.[109]

After delays, due to Edwards' medical condition, jury selection for the trial began on April 12, 2012. Opening statements began on April 23.[110] A verdict (not guilty on one count and a mistrial on the remaining five) to the trial was reached on May 31, 2012.
[111]

So were most Democrats, actually.

It seems to me that if hiding an affair from your cancer-stricken wife is bad, so is hiding an affair from your pregnant wife.

Once he was exposed as being a reptilian it was over

Hey remember when John Edwards used campaign funds to hide an extra-marital affair with Reille Hunter?

On June 3, 2011, Edwards was indicted by a North Carolina grand jury on six felony charges. He faced a maximum sentence of thirty years in prison and a $1.5 million fine, or a USD250,000 fine and/or five years imprisonment per charge.[108] The indictment came after the failure of intensive negotiations for a plea bargain. The agreement would have meant that Edwards would have been required to plead guilty to three misdemeanor campaign finance law violations, in addition to a six-month prison sentence, but would have allowed Edwards to keep his law license.[109]

After delays, due to Edwards' medical condition, jury selection for the trial began on April 12, 2012. Opening statements began on April 23.[110] A verdict (not guilty on one count and a mistrial on the remaining five) to the trial was reached on May 31, 2012.
[111]

It seems to me that if hiding an affair from your cancer-stricken wife is bad, so is hiding an affair from your pregnant wife.
The Breck girl ....I mean Dude
😜

Doesn't make it legal. I love how Trump's argument is "I gave the money to a lawyer, so it's a legal expense"

So from now on I only buy cocaine from my lawyer. I pay him with checks. I mark them as "legal expenses".
Paying hush money to a hooker is not illegal

If so thats an accounting error worthy of a fine not a felony

Prosecutors Say He Was Hiding Other Crimes.​

34 felony counts

Why are they felony charges? Here are the basics.

Falsifying business records in New York State can be a misdemeanor, but prosecutors can bring the charge as a felony if they believe the records were falsified to conceal another crime.

Manhattan district attorney Alvin L. Bragg had suggested that Mr. Trump concealed three potential crimes, although he has not charged him with any of those.

Prosecutors do not need to prove such crimes were committed — only that there was “the intent to commit or conceal” an additional crime.

What crimes do prosecutors believe Trump was trying to conceal?

My question is why are you voting for a guy who spent so much money covering up his scumbagginess?

34 felony counts

Falsifying business records in New York State can be a misdemeanor, but prosecutors can bring the charge as a felony if they believe the records were falsified to conceal another crime.

Manhattan district attorney Alvin L. Bragg had suggested that Mr. Trump concealed three potential crimes, although he has not charged him with any of those.

Prosecutors do not need to prove such crimes were committed — only that there was “the intent to commit or conceal” an additional crime.

My question is why are you voting for a guy who spent so much money covering up his scumbagginess?
OMG he was??

thats how you pay lawyers,,

you give them money,,
And that's how you play stupid when defending Trump no matter what. Nice doggy.

1715088976957.png

34 felony counts

Its no surprise that the banana republic is throwing crap against the wall and hoping something will stick

Its no surprise that the banana republic is throwing crap against the wall and hoping something will stick
If you are going to charge him with the other three why not this one?

Bill Maher did a great piece on Merrick Garland. What a pussy. Why did it take so long? It's like they put Barnie Fife in charge of the justice department. To look fair, he appointed Republicans to look into shit. Would Republicans ever do that? Fuck no.

[111]

remember when even his charges were dismissed?

Good point.

Edwards, Hart, Andrew Cuomo, Al Franken. You get caught in inappropriate conduct, you get held to account.

The "Party of Family Values" needs to do that.
how many of them have been convicted of having an affair? Edwards was put on trial, but even his case was dismissed.

Forum List

Back