Zone1 Catholicism is true but it's not easy to get in

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
A Protestant will invite you to church, give you a Bible to read, and then invite you to do an altar call and be "saved."

So, Protestantism is easy.

If you want to be Catholic, you have to go to a special school and learn about Catholicism. It takes a year and you get the sacraments at Easter. And then, guess what? You're not "saved." You're on the road to being saved, and there's a lot of ways to get knocked off that road.

Protestants don't have schools to teach protestantism. What Protestant church a person chooses depends on what doctrine they feel comfortable with. The message is pretty much the same and is Jesus based.
Billy Graham preached to over 215 million people. And brought more people to Christ than any other human. I don't ever remember him mentioning that he was a Baptist. His sermons had one focus. Jesus.

Protestants don't have schools to teach protestantism. What Protestant church a person chooses depends on what doctrine they feel comfortable with. The message is pretty much the same and is Jesus based.
Billy Graham preached to over 215 million people. And brought more people to Christ than any other human. I don't ever remember him mentioning that he was a Baptist. His sermons had one focus. Jesus.
The evangelicals think Catholics go to hell.

The mainline Protestants have been AWOL on the abortion issue, and some of them approve of abortion.

Episcopalians are the worst. They don't even believe in Christianity anymore.

If you want to be Catholic, you have to go to a special school and learn about Catholicism. It takes a year and you get the sacraments at Easter.
People can talk a lot about Jesus. People can hear a lot about Jesus. It takes longer to come to know Jesus. RCIA is a good program for people who not only want to talk and hear about Jesus, but to also work on knowing him.

People can talk a lot about Jesus. People can hear a lot about Jesus. It takes longer to come to know Jesus. RCIA is a good program for people who not only want to talk and hear about Jesus, but to also work on knowing him.
I'm not complaining. Deciding to convert to Catholicism is the most important decision a person can make. It should not be done lightly or for the wrong reasons. People should know what Catholicism is before they join the Church.

The evangelicals think Catholics go to hell.

The mainline Protestants have been AWOL on the abortion issue, and some of them approve of abortion.

Episcopalians are the worst. They don't even believe in Christianity anymore.
And the Catholics think the Protestants are going to hell.
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

It's dogma. Most scripture reading adults know that denominations don't determine who is saved. Jesus saves.

A Protestant will invite you to church, give you a Bible to read, and then invite you to do an altar call and be "saved."

So, Protestantism is easy.

If you want to be Catholic, you have to go to a special school and learn about Catholicism. It takes a year and you get the sacraments at Easter. And then, guess what? You're not "saved." You're on the road to being saved, and there's a lot of ways to get knocked off that road.
But avoid foolish controversies, genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels about the law, for they are unprofitable and worthless. Titus 3:9

But avoid foolish controversies, genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels about the law, for they are unprofitable and worthless. Titus 3:9
I'm not arguing about the law. I'm telling people that an "altar call" isn't sufficient to be "saved."

And the Catholics think the Protestants are going to hell.
If any believe that then they are going against what the Church teaches which is that no one knows their fate or the fate of others. Except of course for the saints we know about and the saints we don't know about. Their fate has been decided and they know about it.

I'm not arguing about the law. I'm telling people that an "altar call" isn't sufficient to be "saved."
But the intent of your post is to be quarrelsome.

2 Timothy 2:23-24 Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.

Which wolf are you feeding?

A priest told me the Catholic Church has never declared that any specific person has gone to hell.

But the intent of your post is to be quarrelsome.

2 Timothy 2:23-24 Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.

Which wolf are you feeding?
Everyone is quarrelsome on a political forum. What's your point?

Everyone is quarrelsome on a political forum. What's your point?
This isn't politics. This is supposed to be your religion. Do you live these words or just pay lip service to them?

2 Timothy 2:14 Keep reminding God’s people of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen.

Christian in name only? Catholic in name only?

Everyone is quarrelsome on a political forum.
Don't be like everyone.

Romans 12:2 Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Proverbs 1:15 My son, do not walk in the way with them; hold back your foot from their paths.

Don't be like everyone.

Romans 12:2 Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Proverbs 1:15 My son, do not walk in the way with them; hold back your foot from their paths.
Don't quote Scripture at me. You're going after me because you don't like what I'm saying. You don't fool me.

Forum List

Back