Birmingham City relegated under crazy American owners

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

Ive never heard of this fellow. I have heard of Tom Brady but Im not sure what level of influence he has.
But the tenure has been an absolute disater. City are no straangers to despair. But they sacked a manager who had taken them to 6th. Mainly because the team didnt play with a "no fear" attitude.

He then sacked 2 managers this season . They dont seem to understand the game. . Teams tend to end up where they belong. Not giving any of their managers any money was likely tonot improve the situation.

They would be better selling up and learning an expensive lesson.

WRF is a no fear attitude ?

American sports ownership falls under one of two mentalities… “Win at All Costs” or “Fuck the On- Field results JUST MAKE MONEY.”

I watch the EPL regularly, but can’t say I follow it closely. Birmingham is owned by an investment firm of which Brady is a minority partner. I don’t know which mentality they hold. Investors generally want a return on investment, but the “No Fear” attutude suggests otherwise.

“No Fear” is a mentality promoting an aggressive, attack oriented “Full Speed Ahead” ideology.

American sports ownership falls under one of two mentalities… “Win at All Costs” or “Fuck the On- Field results JUST MAKE MONEY.”

I watch the EPL regularly, but can’t say I follow it closely. Birmingham is owned by an investment firm of which Brady is a minority partner. I don’t know which mentality they hold. Investors generally want a return on investment, but the “No Fear” attutude suggests otherwise.

“No Fear” is a mentality promoting an aggressive, attack oriented “Full Speed Ahead” ideology.
No fear works at Man City and Real Madrid. Its not a strategy for lower league cloggers like Birmingham.

Particularly a struggling club that hasnt brought in some new players.

I know Brady is a big winner and they paraded him as the face of the consortium.I dont think he has done much.

They are talking about rebuilding the stadium. Its a classic mistake. They cant fill their current ground, If they actually have any money they should get some decent players not build a white elephant.

No fear works at Man City and Real Madrid. Its not a strategy for lower league cloggers like Birmingham.

Particularly a struggling club that hasnt brought in some new players
Here in the US, without the threat of relegation, any team can potentially win any year and the mentality is common in many lower quality teams.
I know Brady is a big winner and they paraded him as the face of the consortium.I dont think he has done much
If course. He’s there for his bane and face, not his money.
They are talking about rebuilding the stadium. It’s a classic mistake. They cant fill their current ground, If they actually have any money they should get some decent players not build a white elephant
Stadium building here is a boon as the local government often eats much of the cost and between advertising and naming rights agreements, it can be very profitable for the team.

Here in the US, without the threat of relegation, any team can potentially win any year and the mentality is common in many lower quality teams.

If course. He’s there for his bane and face, not his money.

Stadium building here is a boon as the local government often eats much of the cost and between advertising and naming rights agreements, it can be very profitable for the team.
Its a different set up over here. They would have to fund it theirselves. Birmingham counsil have gone bankrupt and there is no public money available..

Their problem now is that they have lost all credibility.. They have lost the fans.
What they should do is appoint a manager with a decent track record and give him a few quid to bring in some players,

Park any nonsense ideas of a new ground in Bordsley Wood. It would take years to get planning permission anyway and nobody believes it..
Then they should just shut up for a decent period of time.

League one is a decent standard and there are bigger clubs than Birmingham in that league.. They need to start last weekend bevause the clock is already ticking.

And it will be expensive. Wrexham are paying silly money for players now. But there is no sign the Brum owners have the tin.. They havent shown that they have yet,.

In fact my observation is that they will be gone shortly. They are out of their depth and dont know what they are doing.

Its a different set up over here. They would have to fund it theirselves. Birmingham counsil have gone bankrupt and there is no public money available..
Yes it is, on many different levels. I’m sorry to say, but they could be looking to bank the losses against other profits for tax purposes. Thats horrible to suggest but not totally out of the question.

Yes it is, on many different levels. I’m sorry to say, but they could be looking to bank the losses against other profits for tax purposes. Thats horrible to suggest but not totally out of the question.
Some Americans have done well. Some have come for the wrong reasons. A company who were buying Everton seem to have gone bust. They are called 777, I think they are a bookie.

Here is another example of an arrogant dick screwing up. He has been a success elsewhere and thinks he knows what to do. Tidy offices wont put the ball in the net.

Ive never heard of this fellow. I have heard of Tom Brady but Im not sure what level of influence he has.
But the tenure has been an absolute disater. City are no straangers to despair. But they sacked a manager who had taken them to 6th. Mainly because the team didnt play with a "no fear" attitude.

He then sacked 2 managers this season . They dont seem to understand the game. . Teams tend to end up where they belong. Not giving any of their managers any money was likely tonot improve the situation.

They would be better selling up and learning an expensive lesson.

WRF is a no fear attitude ?

It's always good when bad management gets rewarded like this.

Clubs like Luton, Brighton, Brentford and even Swansea are showing everyone how it's done. How good management leads to progress. How it's possible in the modern age to get there with a small stadium, because the league gives you loads of money for being on TV.

It's a shame Sheffield Wednesday stayed up, their owner is a total fucktard.

It's always good when bad management gets rewarded like this.

Clubs like Luton, Brighton, Brentford and even Swansea are showing everyone how it's done. How good management leads to progress. How it's possible in the modern age to get there with a small stadium, because the league gives you loads of money for being on TV.

It's a shame Sheffield Wednesday stayed up, their owner is a total fucktard.
Its such a tricky balance to make. If the owner is a dickhead then a decent manager can bail them out.with sensible signings.. But these owners generally sack the manager and install their vision of a good manager and it declines from there.

One bad signing can screw the club for 3 years.

Apparently the press in Birmingham are still overcome by Brady glamour and are talking up the new owners and season ticket sales even now. The fans have to believe because that is all they have.

The level of scrutiny at regional level is poor. The club owners put out any press release they want and it gets printed word for word without any analysis.

Its very sad and points out the idiocy of modern sports fans.

Its such a tricky balance to make. If the owner is a dickhead then a decent manager can bail them out.with sensible signings.. But these owners generally sack the manager and install their vision of a good manager and it declines from there.

One bad signing can screw the club for 3 years.

Apparently the press in Birmingham are still overcome by Brady glamour and are talking up the new owners and season ticket sales even now. The fans have to believe because that is all they have.

The level of scrutiny at regional level is poor. The club owners put out any press release they want and it gets printed word for word without any analysis.

Its very sad and points out the idiocy of modern sports fans.

The whole point of following sports seems to be escapism. And the people who need it the most are the lowest intelligence people. The ones who believe the most, the ones who think it's important, are the thickos.

The whole point of following sports seems to be escapism. And the people who need it the most are the lowest intelligence people. The ones who believe the most, the ones who think it's important, are the thickos.
Wrexham fans are grazing on the prospect of our owners building a 55000 seater stadium for the club. Up from the 12k capacity we now have.. The press are reporting it as fact with futuristic drawings.. The intelligent ones know its bollocks but the herd still believes because its their version of a fairy tale..

Wrexham fans are grazing on the prospect of our owners building a 55000 seater stadium for the club. Up from the 12k capacity we now have.. The press are reporting it as fact with futuristic drawings.. The intelligent ones know its bollocks but the herd still believes because its their version of a fairy tale..

I can see the owners getting bored at some point, and Wrexham suffering because of it.

Forum List

Back