Back in the late 1970s you could buy a Hamburger, Fry and Small Drink for 95 cents. Not so today. Marxism at work again.

That is why the qualifier "most" was included.
Understood but it appears you want to punish all for the sins of "most."
"All" seems silly in context because, after all, we're not talking about that many people.
I have always opposed "wealth taxes" because, to me, their intent seems punitive and "most" of these people haven't committed any crimes.
But I have no problem with
limiting income
taxing investment income as regular income including payroll taxes
Removing the upper limit on payroll taxes

not a straw man,,

if what you say is correct and all jobs should pay enough for a man to feed his family that would mean mediocre jobs like flipping burgers needs to pay enough for that man to feed his family which is around 60-80K a yr,,,,

sounds more like youre just lying,,
Let me know when you're done with the making shit up and we'll talk.

Yes, but what was the hourly wage back then.

I'm in no way defending $15-20 dollar an hour minimum wages, but I do wonder what the minimum wage was back then.

Those machines at McDonalds aren't going to eliminate that many employees. Only the order takers.
At the time i was at McDonalds $2.10 an hour. Also an ounce of gold was just around $400 an ounce.

MSN Can you ever imagine when Ray Kroc first opened his business, that a hamburger was only 5 cents. It was such a novel idea that you could drive up to the store and have your lunch ready in less than 3 minutes and very affordable. But alas, minimum wages, which were meant for college kids and the elderly who had a retirement but still wanted to work, had to be elevated till a "Livable Wage", because Marxist must force companies to bow down to their will or else be punished with fines and possible expulsion. So we see dollar menu morph into the 25 dollar meal deal. This is what you get when Joe Biden voters steal an election.

View attachment 942361

View attachment 942362
WhenI was in 3rd grade, I could buy an order of French fries and a coke for $0.26 cents. The fries were $0.15 cents, the coke was $0.10 cents and tax was a penny.

I'm just curious, what is a fair wage in this country now? I've always worked jobs that were commissioned, so I don't have a clue what would be a reasonable wage in 2024, verses the economy.

Does anyone know right off hand?
A reasonable wage, for flipping burgers? $2.50 an hour with performance bonus's if big orders come in. I used to work on F-15s making $12 an hour with COLA adjustments for living in Saudi Arabia. No fucking way is a burger flipper worth $20 an hour.

Understood but it appears you want to punish all for the sins of "most."
Omlets and eggs, my friend.

I realize Swift is a democrat, but IMHO the whole world would be better off if there were no billionaires.

What does Marxism have to do with it, you idiot? :cuckoo:
liberals-head-up-his-ass.jpg

Times change, people change.
Not the Democrats. Back in the day of the KKK, minority businesses were burned to the ground, blacks and republicans were shot and killed. BLM/ANTIFA burning minority businesses, and murdering blacks and republicans. Nothing has changed with the Democrat party.

Omlets and eggs, my friend.

I realize Swift is a democrat, but IMHO the whole world would be better off if there were no billionaires.
I can't argue that point but I don't see how we get from here to there without punishing people who've done nothing wrong.

You do seem like a person who would oppose such unfairness.

I can't argue that point but I don't see how we get from here to there without punishing people who've done nothing wrong.

You do seem like a person who would oppose such unfairness.
Needs of the many, Captain, outweigh the needs of the few.

And can we really say those folks would be in a terrible spot if they were only millionaires?

Needs of the many, Captain, outweigh the needs of the few.

And can we really say those folks would be in a terrible spot if they were only millionaires?
For me it's not about the spot they're in.
It's about the fairness of the act.
What has Lebron James done that I would take over 2/3 of his wealth and prohibit him from earning more?
Even ELMO Musk! A slime. An unflushed turd. A racist. A fascist to his core. (Yes, I REALLY don't like him) Despite that I wouldn't support taking 95% of his wealth.

It is simply punitive.
Punishment should be used to teach and change behavior not to "get even."

Can you ever imagine when Ray Kroc first opened his business, that a hamburger was only 5 cents
$1 in 1940 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $22.31 today, an increase of $21.31 over 84 years

MSN Can you ever imagine when Ray Kroc first opened his business, that a hamburger was only 5 cents. It was such a novel idea that you could drive up to the store and have your lunch ready in less than 3 minutes and very affordable. But alas, minimum wages, which were meant for college kids and the elderly who had a retirement but still wanted to work, had to be elevated till a "Livable Wage", because Marxist must force companies to bow down to their will or else be punished with fines and possible expulsion. So we see dollar menu morph into the 25 dollar meal deal. This is what you get when Joe Biden voters steal an election.

View attachment 942361

View attachment 942362
You are literally an idiot.

McDonald's $25 Deal Angers Customers Amid California's Minimum Wage Hike​

The soaring inflation during Joe Biden's presidency has reached a point where certain Americans can no longer afford to dine at McDonald's.

And the annual average salary in the US was $9,870

Back in the late 1970s you could buy a Hamburger, Fry and Small Drink for 95 cents. Not so today. Marxism at work again.​

You are a true diddlenuts and you don't know the most fundamental qualities of Marxism. If Marx had his way hamburgers, Fry and Small drink would be free of charge. Duh.

For me it's not about the spot they're in.
It's about the fairness of the act.
What has Lebron James done that I would take over 2/3 of his wealth and prohibit him from earning more?
Even ELMO Musk! A slime. An unflushed turd. A racist. A fascist to his core. (Yes, I REALLY don't like him) Despite that I wouldn't support taking 95% of his wealth.

It is simply punitive.
Punishment should be used to teach and change behavior not to "get even."
It will be a teaching moment, I promise you.

You are a true diddlenuts and you don't know the most fundamental qualities of Marxism. If Marx had his way hamburgers, Fry and Small drink would be free of charge. Duh.
Which is why the Marxists are slowly bringing "FREE STUFF" all over the once great country.

Education should be free --- Have the Marxists teachers work for free.
Housing should be free ----- Go make a hovel out of the shit you do and then live in your free shithouse.
Food should be free------Go plant your own veggies and see how long you live on the shit you have to work at.

Which is why the Marxists are slowly bringing "FREE STUFF" all over the once great country.

Education should be free --- Have the Marxists teachers work for free.
Housing should be free ----- Go make a hovel out of the shit you do and then live in your free shithouse.
Food should be free------Go plant your own veggies and see how long you live on the shit you have to work at.
I honestly do not think you are intelligent enough to have this discussion so I am going to deal with you in the most realistic manner.

Forum List

Back