5% of teenagers on college campuses dictating American policy

And yet the Republicans can't stop making the content of the speech the centerpoint.

You call it the centerpoint, it's actually because they started taking over places and harassing other students.

I have no problem arresting someone who engages in violence.

But that’s not what is going on here.

Republicans want to expel college students for engaging in wrongthink about the war in Gaza.

Wrongful acts, not thinking wrong.

Occupying a public space when told to leave isn't speech.

That's not what they're saying. They want them expelled for having the wrong opinion.

If that opinion is supporting Hamas, a terrorist organization, then the support of Hamas is the issue, not speech in general.

And please like where they are being threatened with expulsion for just supporting a ceasefire in Gaza or something as equally benign, as opposed to calling for things like "More October 7ths" which are support of terrorist violence.

If that opinion is supporting Hamas, a terrorist organization, then the support of Hamas is the issue, not speech in general.

And please like where they are being threatened with expulsion for just supporting a ceasefire in Gaza or something as equally benign, as opposed to calling for things like "More October 7ths" which are support of terrorist violence.
Abbott demands that anyone protesting with "hate" be expelled.

Should we also expel anyone who says we should turn Iran into glass?

Thank god we have wanna-be fascists in conservative politics who get to tell us what is hate and what is terrorism and what isn't. Surely we wouldn't want the constitution to get in the way of discrimination based on content.

It ain't just the kids. Bibi's about as popular as AIDS
Wonder why that would be. MSM stepped up and is doing their part to slime Israel....no wonder, these protests are highly organized and funded by democrat contributing organizations.

The drop tracks with growing anger in the US about Israel’s military campaign against Hamas, labeled a terrorist group by the US and the European Union, in the months since its militants attacked Israel on Oct. 7 and killed some 1,200 people. More than 30,000 Palestinians have been killed since the start of Israel’s campaign, according to the Hamas-run health ministry in Gaza.

Over half of those stats, if not more are dead Hamassholes.

I'm not really sure schools have the authority to shut down free speech on their campus.
Of course, they do. It's private property. Furthermore, it's no longer a matter of free speech when the raucous becomes so out of control people of certain religions or races have to fear coming to campus and/or all classes have to be suspended entirely and taught remotely due to safety threats.

It wasn't long ago that conservative members of Congress was attacking colleges for limiting free speech.

Speech, yes. Violence, no

Of course, they do. It's private property. Furthermore, it's no longer a matter of free speech when the raucous becomes so out of control people of certain religions or races have to fear coming to campus and/or all classes have to be suspended entirely and taught remotely due to safety threats.

Speech, yes. Violence, no
So if I claim that your speech makes me afraid, I can have the police arrest you?

Abbott demands that anyone protesting with "hate" be expelled.

Should we also expel anyone who says we should turn Iran into glass?

Thank god we have wanna-be fascists in conservative politics who get to tell us what is hate and what is terrorism and what isn't. Surely we wouldn't want the constitution to get in the way of discrimination based on content.

Are they disrupting public spaces and terrorizing fellow students while doing it?

Are they disrupting public spaces and terrorizing fellow students while doing it?
Just a few months ago conservatives demanded the right to engage in hate filled speech on campus.

Now they want to expel people for it.

The difference is who the speech is targeted at and whether conservatives want to protect them or attack them.

They blocked students and faculty from various daily actions..............that's when free speech gets the 23 skiddoo.
If they were blocking doors and sidewalks, that's one thing.

If they're just hanging out in open green spaces, that's not obstructing.

Just a few months ago conservatives demanded the right to engage in hate filled speech on campus.

The difference is who the speech is targeted at and whether conservatives want to protect them or attack them.

"hate filled speech" to the left is any speech they don't disagree with.

And those events were organized events, scheduled events, approved events.

If you don't see the difference between "marriage is between a man and a woman" or "men are men women are women"

and "We support Hamas killing Jews", well that's on you.

"hate filled speech" to the left is any speech they don't disagree with.

And those events were organized events, scheduled events, approved events.

If you don't see the difference between "marriage is between a man and a woman" or "men are men women are women"

and "We support Hamas killing Jews", well that's on you.
If you support IDF killing Gazans, I suppose that is also grounds for expulsion?

How about calling for the eradication of transgenderism?

If you support IDF killing Gazans, I suppose that is also grounds for expulsion?

How about calling for the eradication of transgenderism?

You mean the IDF fighting a war against an enemy that attacked them?

Show me where rational people on the right call for killing transgenders. Rational.

I think what is occurring is that American's veiws are changing, and not just with the kids. What Hamas did was morally depraved. Yet, with the Gaza bombing, and the very possibly targeting of aid workers by Israel, or in the very best light for Israel, simply not giving a shit if they bombed aid workers because the aid workers offered succor to the Pales, who had no food nor shelter ....

Israel's funding proxies are on tv today complaining of the kids. And kids tend to be idiots. But Israel is deflecting from adults seeing images that are in conflict with what they've been told of Israel and Hamas.

I think what is occurring is that American's veiws are changing, and not just with the kids. What Hamas did was morally depraved. Yet, with the Gaza bombing, and the very possibly targeting of aid workers by Israel, or in the very best light for Israel, simply not giving a shit if they bombed aid workers because the aid workers offered succor to the Pales, who had no food nor shelter ....

Israel's funding proxies are on tv today complaining of the kids. And kids tend to be idiots. But Israel is deflecting from adults seeing images that are in conflict with what they've been told of Israel and Hamas.

War is hell. If Gazans want to end it, Hamas should surrender.

You mean the IDF fighting a war against an enemy that attacked them?
Yes. Do you want to expel people who support the IDF killing Gazans?
Show me where rational people on the right call for killing transgenders. Rational.
Michael Knowles. A conservative pundit who did a college speaking tour and whom conservatives demanded be allowed to do so because he had the first amendment rights for call for the eradication of transgenderism.

Forum List

Back