Your Tax Dollars pissed away.

The F35 aircraft that our tax dollars are paying for costs around $150 million EACH. They cannot win a dogfight with the aircraft they are replacing. The program will end up costing trillions of dollars, for an inferior aircraft.

And you want to whine about the gov't spending $10k on arts portraying the struggles of 6 million US citizens?

If you really want to talk about the gov't pissing away tax dollars, don't come top us with talk of $10k wasted, when trillions of tax dollars will be spent on aircraft that will endanger our military members.

Want to worry about our tax dollars being pissed away?

Consider this: There are 20 active aircraft carriers in the world. India and Italy each have 2. Brazil, China, France, Russia, Spain and Thailand each have 1. The US has 10 active aircraft carriers and 3 more under construction. The USS Gerald Ford (newest carrier) cost $13 billion. That is 1.3 million times more money than was spent on the arts endowment for the plays you are whining about.

To put it into perspective, if we cancelled the art endowment, each of the 314 million US citizens would receive $0.00003 back (314 people would have to pool their money to buy a penny). If we cancelled construction on a new carrier, each of the 314 million US citizens would receive $41.40 back. If we cancelled the F35 project, each US citizen would receive $4,777.07 back.

The Clinton foundation has embezzled MILLIONS to pay their employees salaries
We pay terrorist countries BILLIONS
We LOSE BILLIONS to other countries on trade
We subsidize refugees
We subsidize lazy people that don't even have enough respect for themselves to get a fuckin job to feed themselves
We have countless unconstitutional federal departments
We spend billions on locking up people for quarter ounces of pot
WE spent almost a million dollars to see if we could train a fuckin lion to run on a treadmill FFS.
This is fuckin potatoes man. However, it still blows..

We subsidize refugees
We subsidize lazy people that don't even have enough respect for themselves to get a fuckin job to feed themselves
WE spent almost a million dollars to see if we could train a fuckin lion to run on a treadmill FFS.
This is fuckin potatoes man. However, it blows..

Why does it blow? (interesting word to use, BTW)

If the 2% rule is accurate, there are over 6 million US citizens who are homosexual. To create arts to open dialogues and to bring light to their struggles makes far more sense than many of the other places we spend money.

And the idea that the gov't can only spend our tax dollars on things we agree with is laughable.

We subsidize refugees

If the 2% rule is accurate, there are over 6 million US citizens who are homosexual. To create arts to open dialogues and to bring light to their struggles makes far more sense than many of the other places we spend money.

And the idea that the gov't can only spend our tax dollars on things we agree with is laughable.
That is not a job of the federal government. Period.
The tax payers should not be paying for advocacy of ANY kind. I am all for the bloated Fed govt finally justifying them being in marriage IN THE FIRST PLACE but it is NOT the tax payers place to pay for it.
And I didn't say or even imply that...

We subsidize refugees

The tax payers should not be paying for advocacy of ANY kind. I am all for the bloated Fed govt finally justifying them being in marriage IN THE FIRST PLACE but it is NOT the tax payers place to pay for it.

My mistake. You didn't say that.

I have no problem with endowing the arts. It makes our society richer, and costs very very little.

We subsidize refugees

I have no problem with endowing the arts. It makes our society richer, and costs very very little.
I have no problem with it either. But tax payers shouldn't be paying for advocacy. We shouldn't be paying for half of what we pay for.

We subsidize refugees

I have no problem with it either. But tax payers shouldn't be paying for advocacy. We shouldn't be paying for half of what we pay for.

Considering the rate of suicides among teen gays and lesbians, such a pittance can literally save lives.

We subsidize refugees

Considering the rate of suicides among teen gays and lesbians, such a pittance can literally save lives.
That's what they say abut artificial limb surgery for transsexuals and 1 out of 5 STILL blow their heads off.
Fact is, a decent enough percentage of homosexual people have some sort of mental problem to begin with. Think about it this way : if they are killing themselves because of their homosexuality, they obviously have MAJOR self-esteem/self-awareness issues. Nothing a forced tax payer handout could cure.. Especially some play that is probably too PC to actually bring up REAL issues..
I agree with battling problems. Not band-aids or knee-jerk bullshit that causes more pain in the long run.

That's what they say abut artificial limb surgery for transsexuals and 1 out of 5 STILL blow their heads off.
Fact is, a decent enough percentage of homosexual people have some sort of mental problem to begin with. Think about it this way : if they are killing themselves because of their homosexuality, they obviously have MAJOR self-esteem/self-awareness issues. Nothing a forced tax payer handout could cure.. Especially some play that is probably too PC to actually bring up REAL issues..
I agree with battling problems. Not band-aids or knee-jerk bullshit that causes more pain in the long run.

A lot of that depends on how much the condemnation of society has to do with their self-loathing or depression.

Look, I would love to see the federal gov't cut spending on all of the frivolous things our tax dollars support. But I don't see that happening. And as long as there is the HUGE waste we have now, this $10k is not even on my radar.

A lot of that depends on how much the condemnation of society has to do with their self-loathing or depression.

Look, I would love to see the federal gov't cut spending on all of the frivolous things our tax dollars support. But I don't see that happening. And as long as there is the HUGE waste we have now, this $10k is not even on my radar.
I agree

New Topics

Forum List

Back