Your Prediction as of 10/18

What will the result of the Presidential Elections

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And for Mitt Romney.................

3-women-laughing-11.jpg

Any takers after last night?

FiveThrityEight has Obama at a 70% chance to win the Electoral Vote, but only at 50% for the popular vote. I find myself agreeing with that as it looks like Romney will win the Red States by a HUGE margin, get some traction in the Blue States, but seems to still just barely lag behind in the swing states.

I'm still predicting an unconventional end to this. The EC count is going to be VERY narrow, like 273-265 Obama.

Nate Silver..:rofl: He's a one hit wonder- he blew it in 2010 and he's doing it again this time. He's only gotten one election right- Obama in '08.... Big F'n Deal - everyone saw that train coming...it's nothing magical. You do know that he's only been around for 4 years, right?

Anyway, I am still sticking with 300+ Electoral Votes for Romney and a decisive win in the Popular Vote. Romney has proven to be a viable alternative to Obama. The economy is the ONLY issue that will move voters this cycle. Barring some major screw up by Romney- Obama is out.

Care to take me up on my bet?

Romney wins, I stop posting.
Obama wins, you stop posting.

Scared?

FiveThrityEight has Obama at a 70% chance to win the Electoral Vote, but only at 50% for the popular vote. I find myself agreeing with that as it looks like Romney will win the Red States by a HUGE margin, get some traction in the Blue States, but seems to still just barely lag behind in the swing states.

I'm still predicting an unconventional end to this. The EC count is going to be VERY narrow, like 273-265 Obama.

Whether he wins by 30-50 EVs or just one; Obama will win. It basically comes down to Florida whether he wins by 30 or more. He'll win though.

Let's see who's willing to go on record with a prediction about the race to the White House.

If you picked other, please explain. Here we go...

I'm not a fan of polls, but I will be happy to go on record with a prediction that it will be a clear win for Romney.

I think Romney wins, for no better reason that Obiedoodle can't crack the 50% threshold in all of the swing states.

Historically, the "undecideds" have gone for the challenger when the incumbent doesn't have a plurality.

Historically, there has never been such a big disparity in likeability as there is between Obama and Romney. That is what will keep Romney from winning in the end; people just don't like him, and yes, when it comes to casting a ballot, that matters.

Haha, some fucking dweebs in the press tell you that Mr Obama is more "likeable" than Mr Romney and that somehow makes a difference for you?
Two things.
First one, smart people vote based upon ability, not likability.
Second one, Mr Romney is likable, despite what the biased MSM says about him. I'd rather sit down and have a Scotch and water with Mr Romney (me Scotch and him water since he doesn't drink alcohol), than have a couple beers with Mr Obama (and we both drink beer).

Romney will win in a landslide of well over 300.

1) Put him next to Obama and he looks more Presidential and clearly has knowledge of the issues
2) He is breaking the 50% mark this close to the election.
3) As much as Obama is trying to say otherwise, the economy is not in good shape and the people know it.
4) Romney comes off as far more humble than the President.
5) I had a dream.

Whether he wins by 30-50 EVs or just one; Obama will win. It basically comes down to Florida whether he wins by 30 or more. He'll win though.

do you really think Obama will win Florida with the Castro endorsement?

Nate Silver..:rofl: He's a one hit wonder- he blew it in 2010 and he's doing it again this time. He's only gotten one election right- Obama in '08.... Big F'n Deal - everyone saw that train coming...it's nothing magical. You do know that he's only been around for 4 years, right?

Anyway, I am still sticking with 300+ Electoral Votes for Romney and a decisive win in the Popular Vote. Romney has proven to be a viable alternative to Obama. The economy is the ONLY issue that will move voters this cycle. Barring some major screw up by Romney- Obama is out.

Scared?

you already have the same bet with me, and I have every confidence that you'll weasel out of it when Obama loses.

do you really think Obama will win Florida with the Castro endorsement?

Yes, with it or without it.

Scared?

you already have the same bet with me, and I have every confidence that you'll weasel out of it when Obama loses.

Sorry but Zander has a great many more points on his rack. If he's really that confident, he'll have no problem taking me up on it.

The Benghazi Emails have driven the final nails in Obama's coffin. I don't know if this will equate to 300 EC votes or not, but I see no way the liar in chief can possibly be reelected at this point.

I mentioned Silver, but he's hardly the only one predicting that. Statistical predictions are made based on math, and right now the math is predicting an electoral win for Obama with a possible popular vote win for Romney.

We'll know better on Monday though. I wouldn't put it as an impossibility that Romney wins by a margin that won't require lawyers, but I doubt very seriously we're seeing a blow out developing. That would be obvious at this point and there's nothing there.

The Benghazi Emails have driven the final nails in Obama's coffin. I don't know if this will equate to 300 EC votes or not, but I see no way the liar in chief can possibly be reelected at this point.

Understand as I say this that I myself am fairly appalled by what's coming out. I'm not surprised, as Obama has proven to be fairly weak, but I am appalled.

The problem is, no one else cares outside this small microcosm. The attacks in Libya are a lot like the Embassy attacks under Clinton and Cole bombing. If you're paying attention this is a big frickkin' deal. But no one is. Most Americans only care about foreign policy issues when they come knock on the front door, if then.

Posters here, even the stupidest ones, are actually interested in domestic and foreign politics or they wouldn't waste time here. That gives them a leg up on familiarity on pretty much every single issue in the election. Benghazi just hasn't risen to the level the public cares about it as much as we do.

Romney will win in a landslide of well over 300.

I'm sorry, there's just no evidence of any kind we're looking at a landslide. If Romney cracks 300, it will be in the VERY low 300's, like 303 or so.

It isn't impossible he could win, though I'd still give Obama the odds at this point. But typically by this point it's fairly obvious if we're looking at a landslide. We're not. If I said Obama would win in a landslide I'd be just as wrong as saying Romney will.

Scared?
Scared? :lol: Not in the least bit deary.... But I still won’t be taking you up on your ridiculous bet (that you’ve already made with others here...)

Your opinion means nothing to me and you’d likely welch on the bet anyway….you’ve proven that you are a worthless forum troll who rarely, if ever, adds anything of substance to the conversation.

Forum List

Back